Lamborghini Talk banner

Total Number of TECNICAS That Will Be Produced? Collectors Car Someday?

11572 Views 289 Replies 51 Participants Last post by  Lambo_Life
So what is your opinion.......how many Tecnicas will be produced worldwide? Some say approximately 1,500 and some say roughly 1,800 will be produced. Winkelman has said that ALL Lamborghini's will have some electrification by the end of 2024.

In 2021:
  • 173 Lamborghini dealerships worldwide
  • Total sales of 8,405 cars
  • Total sales of 2,586 (Huracans) ~ 31%
  • Total sales of 798 (Aventador) ~ 9.5%
  • Total sales of 5,021 (Urus) ~ 60%
So let's say there will be ~ 1,500 units shipped. Let's also assume that ~10% will be totaled (from idiots driving 150 mph out of the showroom floor........creating some sad/great YouTube video). That would leave ~ 1,350 remaining in the world. Does it become a good collector's car? Last naturally aspirated v10, and no electrification. I know.......who cares if it's a "collectors car", but it's fun/interesting to get everyone's opinion.

Here is a really interesting article on the 2021 numbers: 2021 (Full Year) Global: Lamborghini Worldwide Sale by Model and Country - Car Sales Statistics
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
222 Posts
So what is your opinion.......how many Tecnicas will be produced worldwide? Some say approximately 1,500 and some say roughly 1,800 will be produced. Winkelman has said that ALL Lamborghini's will have some electrification by the end of 2024.

In 2021:
  • 173 Lamborghini dealerships worldwide
  • Total sales of 8,405 cars
  • Total sales of 2,586 (Huracans) ~ 31%
  • Total sales of 798 (Aventador) ~ 9.5%
  • Total sales of 5,021 (Urus) ~ 60%
So let's say there will be ~ 1,500 units shipped. Let's also assume that ~10% will be totaled (from idiots driving 150 mph out of the showroom floor........creating some sad/great YouTube video). That would leave ~ 1,350 remaining in the world. Does it become a good collector's car? Last naturally aspirated v10, and no electrification. I know.......who cares if it's a "collectors car", but it's fun/interesting to get everyone's opinion.

Here is a really interesting article on the 2021 numbers: 2021 (Full Year) Global: Lamborghini Worldwide Sale by Model and Country - Car Sales Statistics
I think there will be less cars.. I did calc with one of my friends on the US deliveries…. Top dealers .. 1-5 are getting 15- 20 allocations…. There are 39 dealers… so say on average 9 each dealer which is probably high. So 350 cars in the United States… We get 30% of worldwide so 1000 or so worldwide seems close. That will be accurate if they only make it for MY23. If they extend .. different story.
It should be the last NA V10 and one of the most limited production…. Def less cars then STO. As far as a special limited…. No but demand is exceeding production so let’s see how it plays out.
just enjoy the car when you get it!

· Registered
222 Posts
The Sterraro is the last NA V10 model, it's been marketed as the last V10 so if you care about collectability and future values the Sterraro is the one to buy.
I disagree…. Not much take on the Sterrato .. it’s a different animal. Only time tells.. the perf and Sto are the same as the Tecnica.. not limited but “special”. Just enjoy the cars!!

· Registered
222 Posts
Sterraro is the last NA V10 model according to the CEO...

"The last Lamborghini powered by a combustion engine only will be revealed very soon. And what a car this one is!"
Ok well that is a bit of a different animal. From what I understand not much interest in it. But I guess In the future it will be the odd collectible

· Registered
222 Posts
The perf is great but it also was not limited…. The Tecnica is RWD but is really the upgraded EVO as the Perf was the upgraded 610,.. I’m I missing something here or is it any different 🤷🏻‍♂️

· Registered
222 Posts
Demand is high for the Tecnica because of the price point. In normal times it would just be another variant. I'm not crapping on the Tecnica, I think it's one of the best looking H variants but it's not a special or limited car and anyone who is buying thinking it will be selling for crazy money a year or two from now is in for a rude awakening.
The Tecnica is not going to be selling for crazy money but my bet is it will sell for the same % over as the STO did when the first deliveries were made. That will last a year or so and then start depreciating just like anything else.. I mean even the Ultimate is coming down and they are limited.

· Registered
222 Posts
It will be interesting to see how many STOs are produced, in total, compared to HPs, when the STO production run is finally finished.
I think more STO’s will be produced… seems to be a longer run.. perf was like a year and a half. The STO is 21,22 and some 23’s
I think there will be more STO then Técnicas as well if they only run the técnicas in 23.. we shall see

· Registered
222 Posts
There is an abundance of Huracaans and they are mostly comparable in performance since inception. IMO, only the Perf's and STO's will garner attention down the road. The rest will depreciate to a certain point and then remain flat because they offer a ton of car in that $150K to $250K price range vs a Porsche 911 for example.
What makes you think the perf would retain more value than a tecnica? Most likely the tecnica will be made in less numbers than both of those…. More than anything curious what the basis of your opinion is.

· Registered
222 Posts
I think closer tie with the STO as many folks do prefer RWD (I personally would never consider an AWD) and the hardcoreness of the STO. Nothing against the Perf, both are great.

STO had the longer run but less models delivered each year. 21's were just a handful, 22' a larger handful, and 23' seems to be a trickle. Many dealers were told to expect additional allocations for 23' but they never actually materialized. Instead you're seeing initial 22' allocations delivering in 23'. Jury is out on whether those allocations will actually materialize or not.
Seems like a lot of STO’s have been delivered down here. I’m close with the dealer down here and they have much more allocation and deliveries for STO then they will see for tecnica. They are looking at very low allocations…. A lot more orders then allocation and they are one of the top dealers.

· Registered
222 Posts
Let me guess, you ordered a Technica?
lol wow you are perceptive…. Yes of course I order everything I can. Personally I drive my cars so nothing I ever have will be “collectors grade”. It will have miles on it.

My curiosity of peoples opinion is regarding the thought of the perf being different then the Tecnica. Not what the OP was asking….

My personal preference from what I see so far is Tecnica, perf, then STO…. But I have Not driven the Tecnica yet..

· Registered
222 Posts
How is the Tecnica "rare"? Everytime a new variant comes out everyone starts claiming its the rarest varaint based on fluff. No one knows how many they're building unless its a number limited varaint.
I wasn’t the OP and I don’t think anyone is saying it’s rare…. Nothing is rare anymore. I think I said that previously. Even the Aventador was over built …..with how many variants?
My point was if the STO and the perf is produced more then the Tecnica then why would the perception be them being more “special”.

· Registered
222 Posts
I don't generally buy the generic versions unless it's to get something more special. Nothing special about the Technica.
That doesn’t even make sense. A Urus is pretty generic 😂😂. Anyway you some of you seem a little bit more testy than even the Ferrari chat crew wow. You realize I was having conversation to see opinions not to get in a pissing match about cars that are pretty blessed to be able to play with.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts