Lamborghini Talk banner

Total Number of TECNICAS That Will Be Produced? Collectors Car Someday?

11572 Views 289 Replies 51 Participants Last post by  Lambo_Life
So what is your opinion.......how many Tecnicas will be produced worldwide? Some say approximately 1,500 and some say roughly 1,800 will be produced. Winkelman has said that ALL Lamborghini's will have some electrification by the end of 2024.

In 2021:
  • 173 Lamborghini dealerships worldwide
  • Total sales of 8,405 cars
  • Total sales of 2,586 (Huracans) ~ 31%
  • Total sales of 798 (Aventador) ~ 9.5%
  • Total sales of 5,021 (Urus) ~ 60%
So let's say there will be ~ 1,500 units shipped. Let's also assume that ~10% will be totaled (from idiots driving 150 mph out of the showroom floor........creating some sad/great YouTube video). That would leave ~ 1,350 remaining in the world. Does it become a good collector's car? Last naturally aspirated v10, and no electrification. I know.......who cares if it's a "collectors car", but it's fun/interesting to get everyone's opinion.

Here is a really interesting article on the 2021 numbers: 2021 (Full Year) Global: Lamborghini Worldwide Sale by Model and Country - Car Sales Statistics
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
5,081 Posts
The Tecnica was basically an EVO RWD refresh. It's only somewhat limited because it's at the tail end of the the H production but it's not a special edition model nor is it the last NA V10 model.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
Guys. The fact that it could be possibly be the last v10. Most of them will have the lowest miles, will be more desirable in the future. Especially if we have a hybrid variant v 8.
But time will tell. DON'T BE pessimistic, be neutral
The Sterraro is the last NA V10 model, it's been marketed as the last V10 so if you care about collectability and future values the Sterraro is the one to buy.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
Demand is high for the Tecnica because of the price point. In normal times it would just be another variant. I'm not crapping on the Tecnica, I think it's one of the best looking H variants but it's not a special or limited car and anyone who is buying thinking it will be selling for crazy money a year or two from now is in for a rude awakening.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
How is the Tecnica "rare"? Everytime a new variant comes out everyone starts claiming its the rarest varaint based on fluff. No one knows how many they're building unless its a number limited varaint.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
I wasn’t the OP and I don’t think anyone is saying it’s rare…. Nothing is rare anymore. I think I said that previously. Even the Aventador was over built …..with how many variants?
My point was if the STO and the perf is produced more then the Tecnica then why would the perception be them being more “special”.
The Perf is the only H variant to set the ring record, that's not special enough? Also the Perf Spyder had a shorter production than the Tecnica.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
How many people are going to pass up STO's, Tecnica's and other H variants on the used market and pay $500k for a Sterraro? I don't think that many so even if it is somewhat limited it will appeal to a very small % of Lambo owners which probably means resale will be somewhat muted.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
They might do that for the Provincial Luxury Tax which they've had for a while I believe, I'm not too sure on that tax.

Unfortunately with the newly introduced Federal Luxury Tax, even leased cars are hit with the tax, and I believe (I may be wrong on this part) you have to pay the tax upfront, it cannot be blended into the lease payments.
Correct. You have to pay 10% on the MSRP + PDI + Freight. On a lease you have to pay the 10% upfront.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
I’m getting my Tecnica from one of the best selling dealers on the West coast and they do not have 12 Tecnica allocations. Also, I checked with another dealer I’ve purchased a new Huracan from and they are Number 1 or 2 depending and they also do not have 12 Tecnica allocations. Again, I am receiving my car in January so I’m not sure why they would lie to me. The assumed numbers I got was 7 and 8 and they aren’t sure if they will get more.

Let’s assume that your information is correct and each dealer got 12 allocation out of the 128 dealers in the world. That would be 1536 Tecnica leaving only 864 cars for 23 total production numbers. Keep in mind the CEO of Lamborghini said there will not be many Tecnica and would have to fit them in. Now if Lamborghini announces that they will make more than 600 Steratto then your numbers could not be correct because that means Lamborghini would have to make more Huracans than they ever have. So only time will tell. It will be interesting considering they stop production May of 2024 for the Huracan.
You're over analyzing and need to relax. You're not buying the holy grail of Lamborghini's, it's the entry level H variant. There's nothing special about this model and the reason why it had so much demand was because of the price point.

None of these H variants are going to skyrocket in value anytime soon. There's too many H's and they all have similar performance figures. There's also no point of guessing how many they're producing to justify future values because it means nothing when it comes to collectors. Collectors want numbered, limited edition models and none of the H's are number limited.

Enjoy your car and some worrying about production numbers. It's means nothing.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
I’ve owned almost all of the Huracan variants of have driven them for long periods of time and every one is completely different. With your ideology, you’re saying a R8 V10 is the same as some Huracan. That makes absolutely no sense. The R8 and Huracan are completely different cars and share some similarities. Porsche is an example of all the cars being the same with simple changing and tuned and hold value because each one is different in its own way. That is the exact same thing for the Tecnica. It’s has a number of differences than any other RWD not to mention is much longer than any Huracan Variant every built to date. This variant is far from base model (610-2) would be the base.

I’m not buying this car because of resell value as I never intend to sell it. I’m buying this car for a list of things and no one will have it and ill probably never see one on the road unless I’m at a car event. This car is futuristic all at once, fun as well as fast and sounds amazing. That to me is all I want!

Lastly, you should take a look at the title of this trend. I’m pretty sure it this is the whole purpose here. It’s to speculate on the Tecnica allocations. So with that said, I’m not the one who needs to “relax”. Just saying…..
I'm talking about the various H variants. I've owned the 610, 580, Perf and STO and driving these cars daily I couldn't feel any difference except for the exhaust sound. The brakes felt the same. The handling felt the same. Acceleration felt the same. You might feel the difference between each of the variants if you're tracking and pushing the cars to the limit but how many owners actual push these cars to their limit. Not many.

And speaking of tracking, I attended a Lambo track event last year and they had the EVO AWD and RWD. I would say the majority of the owners had no idea which one they were tracking. Some even claimed the RWD had more grip than the AWD.

If you think the Tecnica is special and it's a big leap forward compared to other H variants, that's your business but nothing stands out at me when you compare the tech info on Lambos own website between the models. The 3.2 0-60 time is pitiful, it's 1.7" longer so nothing to write home about and most of the changes seem to be an update LVDI. In other words, it's the same old H and like every other variant it's got a new body kit and an ECU tune.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
So I heard Lamborghini is supposed to make 1499 s. Does this mean there will be more technicas being produced?
So there's 900 Sterrato's staying in the EU and supposedly 500 coming to the US which means Canada will probably get 20 or so cars. Compare that with around 100 Tecnica's for Canada so yes, the Sterrato will be more limited and it's the only H variant which is been marketed as a limited production model.

· Registered
5,081 Posts
If you want a collector car with a gas powered engine, buy a classic muscle car. There are several commanding prices as high, if not higher, than exotics… and because of their age, it’s highly unlikely for laws to ever hit them. You can bet your tail there will be (additional) laws passed for gas powered vehicles 30 years or newer when the gov decides to get rid of gas/petrol - assuming they don’t change their mind when they continue to see that the infrastructure cannot handle all electric vehicles. Classics are basically grandfathered. You don’t even have to wear seatbelts in some US states if the seatbelt wasn’t a factory option at the time.
With all due respect what the hell does classic cars have to do with Tecnica and Sterrato production numbers?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts