Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the top speed of a murci? claimed and reached by anyone of u guys?
I reached in my G car with tubi exhaust, on a traffic free motorway at 6am, a tacho read (i am guessing true speed is about 10-20km/h less) 340km/h (about 210mph). I am guessing this is as fast as a murci if not faster.... a friend of mine had his lawyer write to lamborghini cause his murcie wouldn't go past 310 tacho read...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I'm in the land of speed. We have the Bonneville Salt Flats out here, not even a 45 minute drive from where I live. You can literally stand on the pedal and not worry about hitting anything for miles and miles and miles. Not even touch the wheel. I've pushed my Gallardo all the way up to exactly 189.22 mph, but I have no info on the exact top speed of the Murcielago. It's supposed to be in the 202-206 range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
miuracorse2913 said:
I'm in the land of speed. We have the Bonneville Salt Flats out here, not even a 45 minute drive from where I live. You can literally stand on the pedal and not worry about hitting anything for miles and miles and miles. Not even touch the wheel. I've pushed my Gallardo all the way up to exactly 189.22 mph, but I have no info on the exact top speed of the Murcielago. It's supposed to be in the 202-206 range.

WOW i wished i live there too!!! :D How did you measure 189.22 mph? was it a tacho read or did you have a gps reader? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
GPS readout; it's hard to measure decimals to the hundreths place on a regular speedometer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
Ben,
That is very cool. Fun and safe. Do you remember the guy who was trying to break the sound barrier in a car on a lake bed a while back. I think he said the same thing about at those speeds the driver really doesn't do anything except watch the scenery go by. When I get my "Italian suit" on I just might head your way and have a whack at the salt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
just for everyone's info. It is hard for anyone to be uniform on the top speed, because wind velocity other factors come into play. Maybe it is possible to do 200 under ideal top speed conditions for gallardo... but it is definitely not a constantly achievable topspeed. So, unless someone described the parameters of their definition of top speed, it could be all sorts of different numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
qvpower said:
just for everyone's info. It is hard for anyone to be uniform on the top speed, because wind velocity other factors come into play. Maybe it is possible to do 200 under ideal top speed conditions for gallardo... but it is definitely not a constantly achievable topspeed. So, unless someone described the parameters of their definition of top speed, it could be all sorts of different numbers.

Not to go against you Qvpower, and also because its a silly topic on silly velocities which should not even be reached, but 05 gallardos have revised engines and cylinder heads which bring the power to about 520hp (whilst the previous g cars did not reach 500) and also improve acceleration (my dealer told me this...) and i can assure you its possible to reach speeds of WELL over the claimed 309km/h quite easily, obviously depending on road condition, you need alot of space... If we talk of decimals at top top speed then yes road condition, wind direction and air temperature amongst other factors influence the speed a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
i did 199mph according to the (maxspeed) digital computer readout of my murcie. not sure how accurate that is compared to the speedometer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
gallardo301004, That is why I said under the ideal conditions. There is no way you can do that speed if you dont have enough road, what type of roads, calm and dry weather etc. And to reach that, you would probably have to look hard to get a place like that. Not to mention any speedometer reading at those speeds are off. The reason being that there is definitely some discrepancies between rotational speed versus the actual speed. That is why there can be whole range of top speeds available. That is what I was trying to indicate. There have been several test by magazines on murcies that go over 200, or less than 200, there is at least a 15 mph difference depending on conditions. Not to mention, I saw on videos two independent test on a mclaren F1 and there was a 30 km/hr difference with two different drivers at two different tracks. I am not saying that a gallardo cant do those speeds, but I know that it cant always reach those speeds. Now if you had a car that reaches 200mph like it was 140 all day long, that is the average top speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
craftsman said:
Ben,
That is very cool. Fun and safe. Do you remember the guy who was trying to break the sound barrier in a car on a lake bed a while back. I think he said the same thing about at those speeds the driver really doesn't do anything except watch the scenery go by. When I get my "Italian suit" on I just might head your way and have a whack at the salt.
It seems like a huge difference moving from the street to a racetrack- banked turns, long straights. But the difference with the salt flats is that there are no turns and you never run out of room. Just as it s completely different to go for the top speed on a racetrack that it is from the street, this is so different than trying it at the track. I know about a lot of people who have tried to break the sound barrier (and many that succeeded) on these very salts. It's amazing to think about that kind of speed on land.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Sorry, didn't see this response till today... :eek:
The flat is 47 square miles, but is growing, since the Great Salt Lake is shrinking FAST due to an ongoing drought. So it's not unlikely that a new land speed record will be set there soon, thanks to increased space (the current record was set in Black Rock Desert, Nevada).
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top