Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The factory claims top speed of 192 if I remember correctly. Has any one reached this? Better yet has anyone made it higher?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Murcielago623 said:
The factory claims top speed of 192 if I remember correctly. Has any one reached this? Better yet has anyone made it higher?
I had it at right on 200 but I KNOW this is wrong. the speedo not very accurate. Iwent by one of those radar speed signs the other day it said 65 speedo said 70.

·
Registered
76 Posts
gforce said:
.....the other day it said 65, speedo said 70.
This is consistent with what I have found. The speedo reads exactly 10% high, so an indicated 200 is probably more like an actual 182.

I am going to have a go at recalibrating mine, myself. My dealer has said that the factory is "not interested" in doing this as warranty, but my dealer is going to remove the instrument for me, and re install it when I have recalibrated it. He has other Gallardo's "lined up", if this is successful.

Jon

·
Registered
51 Posts
i bought a dvd where they do a top speed run on a gallardo. They do it on a highway and it looks absolutely crazy. The clip on the dvd actually has two camera angles one of the speedo and the other out the front windshield. Good Stuff, if i can find the dvd i'll post the name up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had 320kph with my G-car. Seems there is still a bit more to go. I guess it can meet 330kph. However, I have no idea what is the actual speed cause' the speedometer may not showing the real speed. :confused:

·
Registered
154 Posts
henrus said:
here you go. these guys really are nuts though. :evil:

http://beyondthequarter.com/trailer.shtml
I agree, those guys are insane! I want to get the DVD, just haven't broken down and bought it yet. What top speed did they get to in the gallardo. I have another clip of two yellow gallardo's chasing each other down the highway. I'm not sure if it's from that DVD though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
200mph indicated groundspeed.....

FYI:

I just happened to pick this DVD up yesterday at the ny auto show. Watched it last night, and I agree, these guys are nuts.....Especially in the clip of the Gallardo hitting an indicated 200mph! And that's somewhere in the NY metro area.

Well, I haven't purchased my Gallardo yet, but somehow after watching the DVD.....now I want one even more!

R.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts