Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Today the soft top on my Spyder would not completely go down or completely lock in place for the top to be up. Suggested ideas from earlier posts include: 1) not enough battery charge (it is a new battery though I don't have it on a charger), and 2) turning the emergency wrench tool 180 degrees counterclockwise on the hydraulic release screw behind the driver's seat to release pressure. I have not done this yet. Any ideas on the sequencing of this (e.g. counterclockwise to release pressure (for how long?) and then clockwise to return to its original place? Or leave it where I turned it counterclockwise? Should the engine be on or off during this entire sequence? I know enough to run the engine when I attempt to put the top up or down. It is now down as I kept pushing the down button in stages until the engine lid was about an inch above where it needed to be and then I could push it down. and then the wings dropped in place as well.

Thanks for your advice. Love the car and only have had it for one month!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Raise the top until the engine lid goes back just before the lid starts to tilt up,check the rear latch striker under the lid at the back of the lid closest to tail lights (center) If the striker feels like it is very loose then that could be your problem. there is a known problem with the factory rivnut installed into the engine lid. The fix is to use an 8mm flat washer between the striker and rivnut going into the carbon. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soft top latch fix

Thanks very much for your help! I'll try it before I drive the car next weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts