Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the top speed quoted by the factory for the Murcielago is 205mph, but what is the fastest anyone here has seen one go. The only reason I ask is that all the auto magazines I read seem to believe that the Murcielago isn't capable of topping somewhere around 195 according to their tests.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Valentino has reached 215mph in one(per Rides). I am sure that the chief test driver would not lie. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had 200mph registering on the clock on mine (once, very briefly) and around 185 regularly. The 200 was on a gentle downslope - I can't say where for fear of arrest!

I couldn't say if this was an accurate 200mph, but the dials said it was. Certainly the car was pulling very strongly up to about 180 and then creeping more slowly from there. It felt very stable and the speed felt insane - I'm not sure I would repeat the exercise as everything seems to happen a lot more quickly - once I'd slowed down again to around 130 (which is still quick in real terms) I felt quite shaken!

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
I know what you mean about the speed, the first time over 150 I felt like I'd gotten away with something wrong, and it left me with a strange feeling, but later felt compeled to do it again, and still have the urge. It really is a devilish (Diablo) feeling :alien:

·
Registered
219 Posts
At an indicated 180 or higher you will find that there is a large error in your indicated speed. Typically Lambo speedometers will read faster than your actual speed. GPS has proven this out along with using the meaasured mile markers on side roads.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anybody gone over 200 and had it verifyed by GPS?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts