Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Team, does anyone do a reproduction 12 cyl tool kit? I own a Jarama and am looking to buy/build a tool kit. I have been doing some research and I can only find one source (ferrari literature) and they have a couple of Miura ones - but they are asking drug money for them - $6,000. Most of the parts can be pretty easily sourced (fiat 124 jack set, wooden screw drivers, mechanics hammer, Ferrari dino chock etc.). The jack roll and tool roll can be made by any trimmer. I am actually surprised that they are not for sale on Lambostuff. I am interested to know if A: anyone has a kit for sale (any 12 cylinder will do as they only vary slightly - Miura/Espada/Islero/Jarama) or if any one would be interested in buying one if I made a bunch of reproduction kits. Now I would happily pay $1500 for a kit and I suspect so would others (own a car but no kit). Or B: if anyone is interested in buying a kit if I have to make some made-up/repro kits? Thanks & regards, Paul

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks team for helping me find a tool kit. I am now only searching for a new "jack foot stand" to make it complete. If anyone knows where one is for sale............

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Bryan,

one of our lambo-talk members "winwood" sold me his. Car gone but tool kit lived on... I regularly look at Eurospares as they buy and break cars and maybe Claudio can find you one.. Separately, I have used a couple of guys who seem to be able to find me anything. I will send you a private email.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
looking for an LP400S countach tool kit for a friend
any leads appreciated

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi Bryan,

one of our lambo-talk members "winwood" sold me his. Car gone but tool kit lived on... I regularly look at Eurospares as they buy and break cars and maybe Claudio can find you one.. Separately, I have used a couple of guys who seem to be able to find me anything. I will send you a private email.
Hi Paul!!

Sorry for the much delayed reply - been traveling for work. Very glad to hear you have your kit and thanks for all the info!!! Do you think you'd be able to post some pics of the toolkit (or better yet individual components) w/ a ruler for scale? :)

Regards,

Bryan
'74 P250S S/N 15622
Indianapolis Indiana USA
[email protected]

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks. I would be very interested in seeing the pictures as well. I have a partial toolkit and would like to get a more detailed ideal of what's missing. It's unfortunate that the original tool kits that Lamborghini purchased and supplied were of such poor quality... It's also really surprising that someone isn't making a quality reproduction as in the case of most other marques.

I should really look into what it would take to tool up some of these... they're certainty not "complex" pieces. Perhaps if enough owners were interested we could get the piece price down to a reasonable level. At any rate, it would be great if you could post some pictures when you get a chance, especially with a scale in the background. Thanks again!

·
Registered
334 Posts
... It's also really surprising that someone isn't making a quality reproduction as in the case of most other marques.

I should really look into what it would take to tool up some of these... they're certainty not "complex" pieces. Perhaps if enough owners were interested we could get the piece price down to a reasonable level ...
I'm interested :)

Regards,

Bryan
'74 P250S S/N 15622
Indianapolis Indiana USA
[email protected]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Guys, sad news I am afraid. "Winwood" on the forum is a scammer and I have set about retreival of my funds via my bank. So I am back to square one on the tool kit. So I think I will go to my motor trimmer and get a tool roll made up and buy tools as I go. Never even occured to me one of our own would do the wrong thing...

Lesson for all of us here guys...

Regards,

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts