Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Thought you might be interested in checking out this video. I'm stuck in Ontario Canada for the winter due to Covid 19..... Have 20 acres of land, 2 1/2 feet of snow, so I thought... What the hell, I will make a race track for my Gallardo... Pretty good times lol...

·
Registered
2013 Super G
237 Posts
I'm in Vaughan and have snows on my Superleggera. Let's play! Haha

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You want to come up ? We will be back out Sunday. Located 20 min north of Barrie in Elmvale. Hit us up on Instagram @Viperghini_

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,478 Posts
Big Smile, looks like a blast!

·
Registered
2013 Super G
237 Posts
You want to come up ? We will be back out Sunday. Located 20 min north of Barrie in Elmvale. Hit us up on Instagram @Viperghini_
Out of town this weekend. But sounds fun! I don't use Instagram (just a personal thing) but it's easy enough to get a hold of you if needed! Not infrequently in the Collingwood/Wasaga area... I can bring up the car perhaps one day and hop over to Elmvale. You live out there or that's just some land of yours you play on!?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!

We just have some property up in Elmvale. We are from the Barrie area. If anyone on the forum is ever interested in doing Muskoka / Collingwood cruises this summer, reach out! We are more than just a bunch of clowns. We also like to work on our vehicles. Here is a recent engine out job we did on a Murci.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thanks guys!

We just have some property up in Elmvale. We are from the Barrie area. If anyone on the forum is ever interested in doing Muskoka / Collingwood cruises this summer, reach out! We are more than just a bunch of clowns. We also like to work on our vehicles. Here is a recent engine out job we did on a Murci.

Not too sure if your viperghini?
Thanks for all the videos on YouTube!!!
Quick question for you. With in the year, I’ll be doing an oil change on my Murci 06 roadster. I noticed in the YouTube video, you guys vacuum drained the oil tank. According to the service manual, the oil tank sieve is also supposed to be cleaned. I’m sure the cleaning of it, is to ensure it doesn’t build up particles and get clogged.
Is there a recommendations of how often the sieve should be cleaned?

Just curious if anyone out there has gotten oil changes from a dealership or a service shop, do they remove and clean the oil tank sieve? For a $600 oil change they better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AngelOfMurci - I like to clean my oil tank sieve every 4 or 5 oil changes. In fact, in the next few weeks I will begin to change fluids to get my car ready for the spring and I intend on doing it. If you are looking for any tips or seeing it let me know and I can grab some photos.

·
Registered
779 Posts
AngelOfMurci - I like to clean my oil tank sieve every 4 or 5 oil changes. In fact, in the next few weeks I will begin to change fluids to get my car ready for the spring and I intend on doing it. If you are looking for any tips or seeing it let me know and I can grab some photos.
I think it would be cool to do a full rundown of preparing a Lamborghini for the driving season. Either a post on this site OR a video on YouTube would be great. I would list all the fluids and validation checks (oil, coolant, hydraulic, windshield), tire pressure checks, etc. also mention if the engine needs to be at running temperature. I would be detailed as to what brand names of fluid you use. When I bought my Murci, the dealer told me to use 5W40 Euro blend. They swear by it. Also mention the brands of other fluids. Also would mention what to look for in worn out hoses/belts. Most people hook up their battery during winter storage, so maybe something that shows the health of the battery?

generally, anything that can be done annually with a simple ratchet set and a hydraulic floor jack.

making self maintenance a little more easier, will only increase the value of our Lambos.

thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank AngelOfMurci - I did a RWD conversion and I did both a very detailed writeup and a video and posted it on here. In the engine out we just helped out with, with our friends Murcielago we go over all the components and hoses that are known to fail and mention the items they should be replaced with.

In the next couple of weeks I will be prepping my car for the spring. I plan on doing an oil change with cleaning of the sieve, Service my K&N air filters, new spark plugs. All the fluids in my car were changed in 2019, so I don't think they are ready for replacement again with only about 10k miles since, but I will certainly be inspecting the levels etc. to make sure none of the components fail. I had planned on doing a video of the spark plug change, but I will likely include everything. I don't plan on getting rich or big with Youtube, but my cousin and I enjoy making the videos and if one person on the forum finds them helpful, then thats awesome!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,839 Posts
Lol, this what happens when you lock down a Lambo owner too long. Must have been fun.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback. Was back out at our homemade track on Sunday. The brief thaw then back to -15 really helped make it better lol. Good traction on the straights and ice in the corners.

Might have to add some studs to the tires nexts winter..... Hrmmm......

·
Registered
779 Posts
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback. Was back out at our homemade track on Sunday. The brief thaw then back to -15 really helped make it better lol. Good traction on the straights and ice in the corners.

Might have to add some studs to the tires nexts winter..... Hrmmm......
Chains will also work. Although I think some places make then illegal.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Chains will also work. Although I think some places make then illegal.
Chains on a Lambo? I cringe just thinking about it.... I've never used chains on any of my cars... surely they scuff up your wheels, your wheel well, and maybe even paint and bodywork if one suddenly comes lose?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Chains on a Lambo? I cringe just thinking about it.... I've never used chains on any of my cars... surely they scuff up your wheels, your wheel well, and maybe even paint and bodywork if one suddenly comes lose?
You’ll love chains when you have to get through 12” of snow

1 - 20 of 20 Posts