Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've pretty much always run HRE wheels. Running HREs on my 458 Italia and M4. I had HREs on a 987 Cayman S as well. I decided to take a chance on a brand I'd never heard of before as variety is the spice of life as they say.

Unlike HRE, which has their finishes down to a science, things were much more unpredictable with AL13. The process of getting the wheels was rather nerve-wracking.

I chose a finish called "Double Dark Tint." It looked like a dark charcoal from the render.

(this is the render)

While I like black wheels and have had black wheels on my cars previously, I decided I did not want to go with black wheels this time. When my wheels finally arrived after about 8 weeks, they were MUCH lighter than the render I was provided with. I was blown away by this. I sent them back to be refinished. To their credit, AL13 did work with me and refinished the wheels at no charge (kudos to Ryan from Vivid Racing who helped tremendously).

This time we decided to change the color to something darker. We went with "Liquid Smoke Black" About 4 weeks later the wheels arrived and were once again lighter than expected. I didn't want to deal with sending them back again so I decided to live with the wheels for a while. The color has since grown on me. The difficult thing with the finish of these wheels is that they are very light-sensitive. In the right lighting conditions, they look great. Other times they reflect too much sun. Otherwise, I like the way things have turned out.

While I may still decide to have them refinished slightly darker, I do think these do complement the car well.

(below, you'll notice how light-sensitive the finish is)

·
Vendor
173 Posts
Personally I like it. It's a nice contrast with the rest of the car and keeps it light/airy. I think a darker color would weigh things down visually. The red on the center caps, matching the calipers, is a nice touch.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I really like the color combo with these wheels...Looks absolutely stunning bro

Not sure I’d go darker and I’ve had black wheels on both my huracans

·
Registered
BMW ///M
194 Posts
Sick photos! Those wheels look great!

Reactions: RoadRonin

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks fantastic! Nicely done

Reactions: RoadRonin

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm also hunting for wheels and the finish selection is a stressful step. BTW yours look fantastic with the blue.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO (Ordered 06/29/2021)
29 Posts
Love the concave/deep lip appearance. Color looks good too. Car looks epic!
Cheers/B

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,573 Posts
They look good, but if you are looking for opinions, I find them weak compared to darker rims. It also introduces a forth color (Blue, Red, Black & Dark Gray) which doesn't balance as well. I think the darker rims tie in better with the black spyder top. However I can understand wanting to do something different from your past cars, I did the same thing with mine and now wish I would have just gone solid black. JMO

·
Registered
221 Posts
They look really good. I actually like the lighter silver color even more. (no black wheels for me)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Silver rims look good on a Ferrari. Black rims go better with Skittles colored Lambo's and tie in to the Style Package more cohesively in my experience.

That being said OP if you dig it I can dig it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,573 Posts
Silver rims look good on a Ferrari. Black rims go better with Skittles colored Lambo's and tie in to the Style Package more cohesively in my experience.

That being said OP if you dig it I can dig it.
Yes Surfah you said it better than I did. It boils down to whatever makes you happy.

Reactions: surfah

·
Registered
435 Posts
I like em!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
All's well that ends well, but the process would have driven me nuts. The original delivery was just so far off. Was that rendering theirs or did you put that together? If it's theirs, I suppose a learning lesson is to request a sample or renderings in a variety of lighting conditions.

I'm 100% with you on being over black wheels, and that rendering looks amazing. I think your finished wheels look very good, and I'd be thrilled with them if that's what I wanted and ordered, and I could certainly live with them. (always a but) I would be disappointed that they couldn't get the color right, and that the deliverable has significantly more nuts/bolts than the original design.

Sounds like you have been beyond reasonable with them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personally I like it. It's a nice contrast with the rest of the car and keeps it light/airy. I think a darker color would weigh things down visually. The red on the center caps, matching the calipers, is a nice touch.
Thank you. You have a good point about keeping the aesthetic more light/airy. This is also why I decided to go with a lighter tint for the windows. I had 35% previously. After seeing the wheels on the car, the tint seemed too overpowering. Overall, the car looks fairly well-balanced visually now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really like the color combo with these wheels...Looks absolutely stunning bro

Not sure I’d go darker and I’ve had black wheels on both my huracans
Thanks. That's great to hear, especially from someone who has had black wheels on not just one but two Huracans.

I have been debating whether to go darker or leave as is. I'm not in a rush so I'm just going to live with it for a little while. My main problem is how light-sensitive the finish is. In some lighting conditions, I actually love the way it looks. In others, there's too much raw aluminum shining through the tint.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They look good, but if you are looking for opinions, I find them weak compared to darker rims. It also introduces a forth color (Blue, Red, Black & Dark Gray) which doesn't balance as well. I think the darker rims tie in better with the black spyder top. However I can understand wanting to do something different from your past cars, I did the same thing with mine and now wish I would have just gone solid black. JMO
Yeah ... I've been struggling with this a bit. I don't want to go with black ... but a very dark grey would actually tie in with the spyder roof because the spyder roof is actually very dark grey. Also, the interior of my car is alcantara so the seats aren't black either but are a very dark grey. My issue with black wheels is they hide too much detail in my opinion.

Anyways ... I appreciate the feedback. The color I was expecting was darker. I'll leave this as is for a while and will post an update if I have them refinished again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All's well that ends well, but the process would have driven me nuts. The original delivery was just so far off. Was that rendering theirs or did you put that together? If it's theirs, I suppose a learning lesson is to request a sample or renderings in a variety of lighting conditions.

I'm 100% with you on being over black wheels, and that rendering looks amazing. I think your finished wheels look very good, and I'd be thrilled with them if that's what I wanted and ordered, and I could certainly live with them. (always a but) I would be disappointed that they couldn't get the color right, and that the deliverable has significantly more nuts/bolts than the original design.

Sounds like you have been beyond reasonable with them.
That was the rendering AL13 sent me. The challenge with AL13 is they don't have vast photo galleries of cars with their wheels installed. It really does feel like you're flying blind.

To make things even worse, on their Instagram page, they're calling my finish something else entirely:

The color we agreed to was called Liquid Smoke Black (not Triple Black Tint). Yes, I am disappointed that I didn't get exactly what I specced. Luckily it turned out OK.

Anyways ... if I get the wheels refinished, I'm going to get them done locally. I found a place that can disassemble the 3 piece wheels and refinish them. I can't say that working with AL13 was a great experience. They do have some nice-looking wheels. They seem to be going through some growing pains and perhaps in a few years they will have gotten things sorted out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They look really good. I actually like the lighter silver color even more. (no black wheels for me)
That's the funny thing ... in retrospect, the first version didn't look bad at all! Wheel selection can truly drive you nuts. But making a car truly your own is something a really enjoy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts