Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
It has a salvage title. Motor looks really dirty and tore up for only having 4,000 miles. I suspect deeper undisclosed problems.

But damn...$150K. That could be tempting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just curious...but...where did you come up with 120k. I have no idea how to value a salvage titled murci, but i am curious why you think 120k

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The Insurance Co. won't total a car and issue a Salvage Title umless it has a minimum of 40%-50% damage of the value of the car!!!

think real hard before buying any Salvage Title car....the repair estimate on that Murci must have been close to $100K-$150K Dollars and that's alot more than a couple fenders a bumper and those other misc parts I saw listed..

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
mdabney said:
just curious...but...where did you come up with 120k. I have no idea how to value a salvage titled murci, but i am curious why you think 120k

Standard formula - take value of car and knock off 33% minimum

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was looking at that car until I saw a picture of it after the wreck. Cosmetic damage is definitely an understatement. And on the price, everyone I've asked told me 120k is the right price for it. Apparently the company that repaired it paid 118k for it and put in 40-50k of parts, but the salvage title will still kill the value. Probably best to stay away from.

·
Registered
210 Posts
needlambohelp said:
I was looking at that car until I saw a picture of it after the wreck. Cosmetic damage is definitely an understatement. And on the price, everyone I've asked told me 120k is the right price for it. Apparently the company that repaired it paid 118k for it and put in 40-50k of parts, but the salvage title will still kill the value. Probably best to stay away from.
you have any pre-repair pics? im sure it would be interesting.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think this is the car that was owned by a football player that was rear ended...If it is I saw the car on the flatbed right after the accident. If anyone is interested in a low mileage '03 Murcie Call Walter at Post Oak Motorcars 713-850-1809. They will sell the car in the $210k range, no problems and is in perfect shape. Just tell him I told you to call :wave:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Call Roy at Cats Exotics...He'll find you the deal you're looking for. I have nothing against rebuilds, provided you're not going to be traveling 180 mph...60-70, ok...after that, you're putting your life and your trust in someone else's abilty to reapir and rebuild...unless you personally know the builder and mechanic...a car like this is best left alone, because selling it after you own it, will take forever...the market is tough enough with all of the perfect Murcie's out there...I've seen some real good rebuilds though...concerns me too on this one, the error message being displayed on the heater control screen...could be a indication of a larger, more expensive problem. Call Roy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree with kaoss, call Roy if you are seriously looking for a car....Not worth buying a salvaged car to save a couple dollars.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Larry826 said:
I think this is the car that was owned by a football player that was rear ended...If it is I saw the car on the flatbed right after the accident. If anyone is interested in a low mileage '03 Murcie Call Walter at Post Oak Motorcars 713-850-1809. They will sell the car in the $210k range, no problems and is in perfect shape. Just tell him I told you to call :wave:
I was looking at the one at Post Oak Motorcars today. It's pretty nice. 03 with 1,000 miles. Asking $239K. It's been there for a while. Im starting to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Castor Troy said:
I was looking at the one at Post Oak Motorcars today. It's pretty nice. 03 with 1,000 miles. Asking $239K. It's been there for a while. Im starting to worry about it.

that is INSANE! an 03 shouldnt cost more than $210k like that! You could get 04 Egear 's for 239

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
YMurci,

until we all banded together into a tight Community no one really knew what a good price from a bad one was.

Now that people can do their honework with a large group of very knowledgeable people we are helping put ALOT more of the FUN FACTOR back in LAMBORGHINI and helping take away some of the Disappointment & pain!! So that means WE ARE WINNING!!!

:D

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
that is the truth! and compared to the ferrari guys out there - we are only a few - i have used this forum as a resource plenty of times and am always glad to help out with whatever i can

1 - 19 of 19 Posts