Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone.
Just signed up and am looking for my first Countach. I'm particularly after a 500S but my biggest fear is "Am I too big" I'm 6ft 4in tall with long legs (34" inside) but also a long back. Will I have enough headroom or will I be permanently hunched down. If so, is it possible to fit lower profile seat tracks, or is it an option even to re-glass the floor pan under the driver's seat to gain a couple more inches. I've measured my head height at an approximate sitting position (on the floor) and it's 34.5 inches measured vertically.

Can anybody offer some help, or dimensions from their car.

All assistance much appreciated.

Kind regards

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would think it would be a tight fit. I am 6'2 with long legs and I don't see myself fiting very well.

Todd

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I hate to break this to you, but you wont fit well. I guess Todd has not been in one to know and he may be happy to hear this part: I am 6'2" tall and wear 34" lenth pants and have owned 3 Countach's I fit in them all but just barely. I know they have tall man conversions for the seats that may get you the 2 inches that you would need but the seat will not be adjustable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have sat in a few countachs to find it's not the head room issue as it is the small foot well/ acc. pedal & brake position. Size 10 foot and under okay.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
i am slightly over 1.90 meters tall, don't know how it is in feet....sorry
what i can tell you is i can barely fit in my 78 S, the big problem for me is only head space, my head is right against the roof, and for what i can see there is almost nothing to gain removing the under seat ......
for feet i think a pair of little driving shoes is enough to drive properly

last thing : for what i know later models from 80 -81 to the last countach have a taller roof, around a hinch more head space and i' would fit right in these,
i am not sure about the roof difference, probably raymond knows something more...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
emilio,

you should sell me the LP400s very cheap since I'm only 1,65m and you should get a QV instead :D

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
raymond said:
emilio,

you should sell me the LP400s very cheap since I'm only 1,65m and you should get a QV instead
:D that is funny ray,

why don't you sell me that 2nd hand chianti perlato car instead, that one
is too big for your little wonderfull swiss mountain roads, the 944 is the car for it ;)

do you know if the roof difference is real or only a ... mistery LAMBO URBAN LEGEND?
P.S. i have to wait till november to registrate it in italy, very likely :( :( i am so sad for that, really

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The roof difference is not a rumour, it's real :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you to all who replied, I'm very grateful for your help. It seems that at 6ft 1inch I may have about an inch spare, at 6ft 2in I would barely fit (but may pinch an inch or two if I fit lower runners with a "tall man kit") Obviously I could live with no seat adjustment as it's only for me, and once set, that's fine. Emilio I'd say is the same height as me and he says it's tight........but he has one, and I'm guessing he can handle the cramped position. The heart wants what the heart wants.

I'm not deterred, welll not yet anyway. Must try to find one to sit in and decide once and for all. If all else fails, my second choice was an early 2wd Diablo. I understand both head and leg room is greatly improved...is that correct.

Thanks again one and all.

Regards Howard

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Magnidec said:
I Emilio I'd say is the same height as me and he says it's tight........but he has one, and I'm guessing he can handle the cramped position. The heart wants what the heart wants.

Regards Howard
you know if it is a love affair you will fit in... ;)
and remember my car is tighter than a 5000s or QV ..or any after 1980

2nd choice a 2wd early diablo:
it was my 2nd choice to :D :wave:

·
Registered
73 Posts
the Diablo may be an option. i am 6 2 and 215 pounds. Legs are 32; very long torso and i fit fine. it may be that the roadster has more headroom and the adjustable steering (up and down) makes a big difference (i have a 99). i find the seating to more comfortable than my porsche and, get this, my back feels better in it than it does after a longer ride in my Lincoln Navigator. i could sit in it all day

·
Banned
183 Posts
There is a plus to being to tall, I only owned a Gallardo (once) and found that the small footwells kept my foot planted comfortably to the pedal floor keeping my safely accelerating at max speed most of the time. To not would keep my foot in an uncomfortable position! It definitly helps one get over inhabitions in driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts