Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2021 Urus and the dealer is asking me if I want to wrap the rest of the vehicle. I already optioned the factory front half wrap so I'm not sure if its worth it to wrap the rest of the vehicle. They want $6500 to wrap the rear half of the vehicle. I was thinking to stick with the factory wrap in the front and ceramic the whole vehicle.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wrap it! Urus is very expensive to wrap, but worth it IMO. Mine is getting full wrap at this very moment.

I thought factory wrap was basically just the front quarter? Didn’t seem worth it to me, as I was going to get full wrap anyways. How much was factory wrap?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yikes, $3100 + $6500! I paid $6500 for full wrap and thought that was a lot. Ya, it's nice to have full wrap, but you have to weigh ROI. Tough decision.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
I think it has to do with where you live and how you use your car. For me wrapping the entire car it is a total waste given the type of driving and where I take it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think it has to do with where you live and how you use your car. For me wrapping the entire car it is a total waste given the type of driving and where I take it.
:rolleyes: Of course it is a waste if it's a garage queen or Point A to A vehicle. Urus is a DD and wrapping is warranted.
My Huracan is only wrapped on the front clip and rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree. IMO wrapping entire car is a little much.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
I agree. IMO wrapping entire car is a little much.
It is kind of funny over the years it has increased from just the front 1/3 of the car to now the entire car. Newport Beach put protection on my 2008 Gallardo when it was new and it only came up to 1/2 of the front bonnet, and the mirrors, that was it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,576 Posts
I only wrap the front clip/backs of mirrors and rockers the rest for me is overkill and in most cases a waste of coin (Huracan X2).

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Mines black so I’m wrapping it for around 8500 full car at a local place that I use. However that includes paint correction as well.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
@Dingus , I have heard nothing good about getting the "factory" wrap so I am curious what was your experience? In the event that there are areas that are poorly wrapped would the dealership cover the cost of having it corrected?

·
Registered
363 Posts
@Dingus , I have heard nothing good about getting the "factory" wrap so I am curious what was your experience? In the event that there are areas that are poorly wrapped would the dealership cover the cost of having it corrected?
Of course! It’s covered under same warranty as the rest of the vehicle. What have you heard bad about “factory” wrap (other than perhaps the cost)? Why is “factory” in quotes, what are you implying?!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Of course! It’s covered under same warranty as the rest of the vehicle. What have you heard bad about “factory” wrap (other than perhaps the cost)? Why is “factory” in quotes, what are you implying?!
Normally you want a paint correction prior to putting the wrap on. What color is your truck? Blacks you definitely want to do it.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
Precisely! There was one owner on this forum that received his new Performante with enough whirls, curls and swirls to almost suggest it was detailed with fine sandpaper. I would hate to have that covered over with a PPF prior to paint correction. I think that would bother most people on this forum, ya think?!
In addition, I have heard more than a few people on forums lament their decision to to go with a factory wrap after they saw the quality of the workmanship.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mines black so I’m wrapping it for around 8500 full car at a local place that I use. However that includes paint correction as well.
Same. Full car paint correction followed by full car wrap. My car is black and should look flawless for years to come.

·
Registered
86 Posts
In my experience the quality of the factory PPF is crap. I ended up getting an Xpel PPF applied as the factory film started peeling off after only a year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had the car for a week, inspected the factory wrap and decided to have it removed and have the whole car wrapped in xpel and ceramic coated. The factory wrap already had dirt accumulating in the edges. Very sloppy. Not happy.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
I had the car for a week, inspected the factory wrap and decided to have it removed and have the whole car wrapped in xpel and ceramic coated. The factory wrap already had dirt accumulating in the edges. Very sloppy. Not happy.
Sorry to hear that but I am not surprised it is practically axiomatic when it comes to factory and dealership PPF installation........that is, avoid at all costs!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Sorry to hear that.... at least you know you’ll be protected now and have it done right. The place I use ( in Long Island ) has always been great. So I’m definitely sticking with them.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hopefully they refunded or credited back the cost towards the new PPF?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts