Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! 2nd post here!:wave:

I'm 19, now a sophomore in college. I'm tired of people cutting me down on my dreams, not the idea of the Lamborghini but the idea of my future and things I do now. :argue:
Right now I currently own my own internet business and work at laundry mat.
I would say I'm making an "entry level" managers salary. :) (I don't mind sharing)
I'm tired of hearing the same comments, even if I JUST mention a car.
"You cant afford that" or "Your living at home" even at work I hear things like
" I don't have any money" "I wish I had money to spend on houses like that"
"Yeah my son got an MIP, always into drug trouble" - I hear that one all the time too, even in the stores! "Your makin payments on that car" - Nope! Lol
Its EVERYDAY there and only sometimes at home(Thankfully)
Even with staying as positive as possible and sometimes telling them what they need to hear, it still drives me nuts. I wish some people could see the world in a good way so they could see things more clear instead of in a negative view. How did you guys put up with these ridiculous comments? I'm sure there are some of you that had to deal with them when you were becoming older! :)
Thank you for reading my rant and taking the time to respond
06 Gold Pontiac G6
13' Chrome Jeep Liberty
01 Jeep Cherokee (Sold!:whip:)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Stay strong man it happens to the best of us! I'm sure working at a laundry mat there isn't a lot of high rollers, they secretly want the same thing you want but they are afraid they can't acheive it. Some people even friends will get jealous of you even talking about it. People don't want to see other people achieve things, its sad really. Its the world we live in though. Keep up with your dreams and focus. Mentioning a lambo seems to bring a lot of negative thoughts as well.... you want a nice house? thats good and great, want to live comfortably? "awesome good for you." You want to travel? "Sweet!" You want a lambo? "OMG thats impossible, you can't do that! Be more realistic!"
If you got haters normally that means your doing something right.

·
Registered
584 Posts
There is so much negativity out there simply because it is a hard and often cruel world. Sometimes it doesn't show any mercy, nor does it show any remorse.

Can you blame the people that have been wounded? they only become bitter and cold, perhaps a reflection of the many faces of this world.

A quote that I remember well: "Never look down on someone, unless you are offering a hand to help them up".

·
Registered
844 Posts
There is so much negativity out there simply because it is a hard and often cruel world. Sometimes it doesn't show any mercy, nor does it show any remorse.

Can you blame the people that have been wounded? they only become bitter and cold, perhaps a reflection of the many faces of this world.

A quote that I remember well: "Never look down on someone, unless you are offering a hand to help them up".
I some what Disagree (dun dun dun). I know plenty of people who live an average or "lower middle class" life but they hate all the rich and people with confidence with money. They hate on the world even though they have a roof over their head and plenty of food and a low end car or two, everything after that is a blessing.
I say that because you basically said can you blame them for being cold & Harsh? Yes, yes I can blame them, the world sucks, I've had friends die, dog killed, had health issues last couple years etc. Do I hate on the oil sheik with 10 lambo's? Nope! Good for them. I know I am a minor case compared to the vast majority but people who are cold don't need to bring down those who have drive and will power to work hard and get a lambo.

If someone is (metaphorically) holding on to your shirt and not wanting you to enter a room what are you gonna do? Your gonna beat them off of you and go where you please. Or at least you should.

I agree on not looking down on people but aren't the people who say you can't do this or do that looking down on you? Helping one another is something I totally agree with but I will not have sympathy for someone who is negative, mean, and cruel to those who want to make something of themselves. Banish those kinds of people to the "laundromat" FOREVER! :p

·
Registered
584 Posts
No need to somewhat disagree. You've pretty much took what I have said and expanded it towards your own perspective and experience. In the end it's about attitude and how each person reacts (same or differently), even given the same situation. We can only grow and improve ourselves by embracing the many sides of truth, not by choosing one side and ignoring the other.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I don't have a problem with hard work and deserving people, but I don't consider Oil Shieks of that category. More like people who were born with a silver spoon, huge difference lol.

·
Registered
844 Posts
No need to somewhat disagree. You've pretty much took what I have said and expanded it towards your own perspective and experience. In the end it's about attitude and how each person reacts (same or differently), even given the same situation. We can only grow and improve ourselves by embracing the many sides of truth, not by choosing one side and ignoring the other.
Wasn't your original post stapled around your own perspective of the world?
What you said was true but what I also said was true with our own spins on it.

The oil sheik comment was to show that it doesn't matter how rich or poor you shouldn't really care.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
why do you tell people about your dreams?

Yes, you can dream and have goals. However, keep it real and keep it to yourself. Don't talk abt it to everyone and put it on your Facebook all today long. I don't want to pass judgement bc I don't know abt u or ur goals so I am just making general comments not specific to you.

In general, I hate dreamers that talk big. Do more and talk less. Keep ur dreams to ur self bc no one likes to hear abt people bragging stuff they don't have. I see this in sales people all the time. Annoying...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wasn't your original post stapled around your own perspective of the world?
What you said was true but what I also said was true with our own spins on it.

The oil sheik comment was to show that it doesn't matter how rich or poor you shouldn't really care.
Yes we have our own bias towards our own experiences and we can only draw from that, but would it hurt if people didn't focus so much on themselves but rather have more empathy so that we can understand more?

And yes I do care about the extreme wealth of the Shieks, as well as the extreme poverty I see people endure. It hurts to see that we can both agree that while money is a finite resource, it is often left in the hands of those less capable of helping others.

How can one NOT be mindful about the world they live in knowing that one person is essentially 'hogging' all the money in order to build a personal collection of hypercars, while a vagrant on the other end of the town is contemplating suicide to end his suffering?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yes, you can dream and have goals. However, keep it real and keep it to yourself. Don't talk abt it to everyone and put it on your Facebook all today long. I don't want to pass judgement bc I don't know abt u or ur goals so I am just making general comments not specific to you.

In general, I hate dreamers that talk big. Do more and talk less. Keep ur dreams to ur self bc no one likes to hear abt people bragging stuff they don't have. I see this in sales people all the time. Annoying...
I never talk about on Facebook :) I hardly post anything because I just get online to see what people have been up to for a few minutes and get off.

2nd bold: I agree because, obviously, those who talk more and do less will be the same for a long time until they put themselves into action, they will never see "change"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I some what Disagree (dun dun dun). I know plenty of people who live an average or "lower middle class" life but they hate all the rich and people with confidence with money. They hate on the world even though they have a roof over their head and plenty of food and a low end car or two, everything after that is a blessing.
I say that because you basically said can you blame them for being cold & Harsh? Yes, yes I can blame them, the world sucks, I've had friends die, dog killed, had health issues last couple years etc. Do I hate on the oil sheik with 10 lambo's? Nope! Good for them. I know I am a minor case compared to the vast majority but people who are cold don't need to bring down those who have drive and will power to work hard and get a lambo.

If someone is (metaphorically) holding on to your shirt and not wanting you to enter a room what are you gonna do? Your gonna beat them off of you and go where you please. Or at least you should.

I agree on not looking down on people but aren't the people who say you can't do this or do that looking down on you? Helping one another is something I totally agree with but I will not have sympathy for someone who is negative, mean, and cruel to those who want to make something of themselves. Banish those kinds of people to the "laundromat" FOREVER! :p

Agreed on both bold sections. I didn't mean for this to turn into a debate :p I was just posting a rant.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have a problem with hard work and deserving people, but I don't consider Oil Shieks of that category. More like people who were born with a silver spoon, huge difference lol.

Thats great!

I would exclude them as well from this subject, There is defiantly a difference, I'm not trying to take anyone's sides here on the thread though.:)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

This is great advice. Lots of people these days talk about. Instead be about it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I hate dreamers that talk big. Do more and talk less. .
We see alot of this on car forums. I've said from time to time we should change the name of this forum to the Doer's forum and pitch out the big talkers. We could use a few more plumbers here and less future internet "millionaires".

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,427 Posts

Wise words. I learned that early on in life, thank goodness.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Wise words. I learned that early on in life, thank goodness.
+1

Play your hand close. When you take a pot, the table will know.

·
Registered
208 Posts
+1

Play your hand close. When you take a pot, the table will know.
This is GREAT advice OP. One of my friends has a new slogan for their brand: "Show, don't tell." Freaking love it. As excited as I'm sure you get (I was the same way) you have to just have an relentless drive to make it happen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sharing your dreams helps you separating the wheat from the chaff.

People that can't be supportive of your big dreams, or even worse, put you down, are not worth being part of your journey. Keeping them around will slow you down or make you fail.

Good luck mate, you are on the right track.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts