61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts
Any other recent stories?

·
Registered
11 Posts
.....it was about 1987? and I was about 12. The Alpine Diablo was in my local small town summer parade. They didn’t drive it or even start it up, but it paraded on the back of flat deck truck. Later it was at the local stereo shop who was the local Alpine car stereo dealership. It was roped off. But I leaned over and touched the rear spoiler with my finger tip. It was a rare beast to see in my area of the world and I had the Countach poster on the wall at the same time. Couldn’t resist. I admit I was one of those that touch(well once anyways). But also was the moment I fell in love with the car. But as an adult I don’t come close to touching anything I don’t want to buy and also enforce that in my little kid’s mind as well. I gotta admit it’s a great memory for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey it’s been a long time, lol. It probably was 1990 when the Diablos came out. Let’s just say sometime when I was in high school....it’s a bit of a blur..

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey it’s been a long time, lol. It probably was 1990 when the Diablos came out. Let’s just say sometime when I was in high school....it’s a bit of a blur..
I remember in the mid 90s my college friends and I were wasted... walking into the Bellagio. BAM!!!! there in the lobby was a Purple Diablo. We all paused and gawked at the car. I pointed at the car and looked at my friends and said “I will own that car one day!” They all laughed. 😀

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts
Great posts! Here’s a picture from a show I did Saturday. I'm in the back...

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I have two stories.

I was at a fair with one of my buddies companies, and this fat old woman walks buy and continues to....yup, SIT on my hood. I walk right up to her and ask her if there is ANYWHERE else I can find for her to sit on.

She proceeds to get up and says "it looked like a comfortable place to sit". 🤜😧🤛

I went to meet up with a friend for lunch and I park my car across the street. A group of drunk chicks and 1 dude are walking down the sidewalk. On CRAWLS on my car and is yapping her sloppy gullet to one of her friends to take a picture.

I run across the street and tell her to get off my car and hope she didn't scratch it. She proceeds to tell me that "this is not your car!", I tell her she better get off my car or I'm going to grab her purse, sit in my car and call the cops. The guy that was with them tells her to get off the car, luckily she didn't hurt the car.

And this was while I was watching. I can't imagine what happens when I'm not looking.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have two stories.

I was at a fair with one of my buddies companies, and this fat old woman walks buy and continues to....yup, SIT on my hood. I walk right up to her and ask her if there is ANYWHERE else I can find for her to sit on.

She proceeds to get up and says "it looked like a comfortable place to sit". 🤜😧🤛

I went to meet up with a friend for lunch and I park my car across the street. A group of drunk chicks and 1 dude are walking down the sidewalk. On CRAWLS on my car and is yapping her sloppy gullet to one of her friends to take a picture.

I run across the street and tell her to get off my car and hope she didn't scratch it. She proceeds to tell me that "this is not your car!", I tell her she better get off my car or I'm going to grab her purse, sit in my car and call the cops. The guy that was with them tells her to get off the car, luckily she didn't hurt the car.

And this was while I was watching. I can't imagine what happens when I'm not looking.
I would have **** in her purse

·
Registered
11 Posts
I remember in the mid 90s my college friends and I were wasted... walking into the Bellagio. BAM!!!! there in the lobby was a Purple Diablo. We all paused and gawked at the car. I pointed at the car and looked at my friends and said “I will own that car one day!” They all laughed. 😀
Here are a couple pics of it.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,256 Posts
I noticed three things. First, on the early cars they had black Sideview mirrors before they went to body color. Second, I envy how high the rear bonnet lifts on the coupes. They do not raise that high on roadsters. And third, that must be you with that huge mullet in the back right?! 😜

·
Registered
11 Posts
I noticed three things. First, on the early cars they had black Sideview mirrors before they went to body color. Second, I envy how high the rear bonnet lifts on the coupes. They do not raise that high on roadsters. And third, that must be you with that huge mullet in the back right?!
Ha ha, no I can’t take credit for such great hair.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The two guys behind the door look like they just stepped off a scene of Miami Vice ... ready to wash their dirty money on a Diablo 😀

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,339 Posts
The two guys behind the door look like they just stepped off a scene of Miami Vice ... ready to wash their dirty money on a Diablo 😀
Or they could be discussing how they are going to steal the car.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

·
Registered
2004 Yellow Lamborghini Gallrado
23 Posts
I made custom signs:

They are made of cardstock and are for each door. Got the idea after seeing other cars with signs like "cars are like wives, if it ain't yours don't touch" and wanted to make my own. Thought I'd share...:) Trying these out tomorrow!
Haha Love it!
I usually let people sit in my car at shows, like to see their faces light up :D
But yes, as for the paint... No touchy!

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,256 Posts
Dellambo, I let people climb in as well, but i'm judicious about it. Any sharp objects or protrusions from pockets can and will scratch your seat. I asked one guy to remove any sharp objects and he proceeded to pull out a folding knife, pen, wallet on a chain (who has those anymore?), and a back pocket cell phone with cracked screen and handed them to his son. I did not see any of those under his loose shirt at first, so I'm super glad I asked. The Italian leather is good, but can certainly be torn. Also, I generally don't let people in if they are wearing jeans or pants that look like easy dye transfer can occur. My snowcorn seats on the Diablo pick up dye all too easily, black not so much.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts