Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
The only car show I've gone to limits who can get in, so I don't really need to worry about the car too much there. The rest of the time, I am use to people taking pictures, I just get real nervous when someone wants to park next to my car.

·
Registered
595 Posts
haha, yep seems these cars are more guy magnets than chick magnets, but keep dreaming for the later...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Took a (posh and educated) woman out for lunch today...

After lunch, she notices there is a thin streak of fresh birdpoop splashed on the frunk... She proceeds to lean forward and try to "clean it up" with her scarf... while clanking her long necklace against the wing...

Of course, I'm trusting she will gobble me on the weekend, so just smiled and pretended everything was all good... But you do wonder, what the hell goes through some non-car-people's thick skulls!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You could always buy one of those real looking robot dolls and pose her in a string bikini(Or really short skirt) bent over the rear deck looking in the engine compartment.(Or as the passenger or???) She would intimidate everyone to keep their distance at least until some high school boy tried to hit on her. I think they can talk so she could even respond to questions. All the old men at the show would love it and people would think she was real. I saw them on a tv show. They look very real. It would be really funny watching peoples reactions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
friend shipped his SV down to Naples for cars on fifth and after we all went out to eat then to this cigar bar/lounge to relax and even with the car parked out front we saw a girl SITTING on the hood of it on instagram. People have no respect. I could not imagine touching someone's property ... even a ****box car ... let alone disrespecting a strangers expensive item ... blows my mind

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts
friend shipped his SV down to Naples for cars on fifth and after we all went out to eat then to this cigar bar/lounge to relax and even with the car parked out front we saw a girl SITTING on the hood of it on instagram. People have no respect. I could not imagine touching someone's property ... even a ****box car ... let alone disrespecting a strangers expensive item ... blows my mind
Crazy. Was car ok? I would think even a 105 lb girl could dent something.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I know a good one. Put an "If you touch I don't call 911" You could add "I have more fun that way" sticker on the window with an MMA sticker on the other side. I always liked that sign. I would have to think twice about touching the car. Another one I saw is "There are two ways to meet Jesus, touching my car is by far the fastest .I kinda like in old Italian style script "Protected by my family.Touch it and we will touch you" or just Touchers will lose fingers. I challenge everyone to make creative signs and test their effectiveness at a car show. I would love to hear those reports. Lee

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts
It seems the best idea is, don't bring you car to car shows, go there to see other cars and this may make your hobby more fun.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was stuck in traffic on Friday night at a red light, and I had a woman walk between the car in front of me and my car and proceed to just sit on my hood while her boyfriend took a picture. I couldn't believe it... and it happened so quick, I was too dumbfounded to honk or roll down my window to yell at them. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
I was stuck in traffic on Friday night at a red light, and I had a woman walk between the car in front of me and my car and proceed to just sit on my hood while her boyfriend took a picture. I couldn't believe it... and it happened so quick, I was too dumbfounded to honk or roll down my window to yell at them. :mad:
Or just take off with her dumbass on the hood, they might think twice about dong that again. But still, that is mess up.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
WOW!! That takes some balls. What is wrong with people!?

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts
That's nuts. I'm going to electrify my hood.

Or, I'm going to get a train horn, and mount the compressor right under that hood, perfect fit.

:)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
She looks kinda hot, but that's just downright moronic.

Nothing amazes anymore, though. Most people lack the biological power to fully control themselves.

In recent weeks alone, I've seen a guy in an airplane-aisle do a full-on sneeze (with spray) straight onto a seated-woman's face, a man pick his nose and wipe it on an airplane seat while at least 2 people watched, and yesterday some dude in a cafe blew his nose on a napkin and proceeded to place it on a stranger's foodtray next to their plate of uneaten lunch. Quite unbelievable (and unpleasant) behaviour.

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts
No true car enthusiast that owns a nicer car themselves would do that. I think it's people that don't care about their own car, but like seeing a Lambo or exotic crazy looking car. They drive it to work and they wash it every so often and it's just transportation. BUT, when they see a Lamborghini spaceship alien looking car, they go nuts and think it would be crazy for someone like us to get upset if they touch the car, or lean on the hood, etc. They probably don't care about their own car to think it's a big deal.

I think it's those who just look at a car as getting from A to B, and flip out and don't even think what they are doing.

They do make a Dash cam that lets you see a LIVE FEED of your car when you park it, and records, no matter where you are. This is probably something all people need with these cars.
Ok, I got the live streaming cam! It's called the OWL CAM and does live feed and free LTE subscription for 1 year of live streaming to see your car from the app you install on your phone! I just got it hooked up and it's got a great interface and really works and tried to out already. It even had built in flood lights in the cam that you can activate from the app if you see someone messing with you car and the inside lights up super bright (didn't know about this feature), and also have a green blinking beacon at night which is cool. I'm excited to try it out in the daylight soon. Very well made quality piece, very apple -esque.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
That is absolutely crazy. I would have completely lost it right there in traffic. If they had run back to their car I would have been beating on the window. Did you get their license number. I would have at least called the cops and pressed charges. You could have followed them until you get the plate. The problem is often these things happen so fast you are not even prepared to react. Did the hood get damaged? It amazes me how little consideration some people have.

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts
It's crazy how all the issues that happen with these cars are mainly at car shows... You'd never think that before you were an owner of cars you take to shows.

·
Registered
343 Posts
It's crazy how all the issues that happen with these cars are mainly at car shows... You'd never think that before you were an owner of cars you take to shows.
Why does this keep happening to me?! :mad:

This time I was at Caffeine and Exotics in Atlanta. This show had nothing but exotics, so you would expect people to be careful around the cars, right? As I was trying to take a picture of my car from this viewing platform, this kid walked up at the coaching of his mom, and sat on my hood. Then, before I could react, he put his foot onto my front bumper :eek:

This time I yelled at him to get off the car, but before I could down there, him and his mom had disappeared. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts

This time I was at Caffeine and Exotics in Atlanta. This show had nothing but exotics, so you would expect people to be careful around the cars, right? As I was trying to take a picture of my car from this viewing platform, this kid walked up at the coaching of his mom, and sat on my hood. Then, before I could react, he put his foot onto my front bumper :eek:

This time I yelled at him to get off the car, but before I could down there, him and his mom had disappeared. :mad:
It is insane and beyond my understanding. :(

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts

That's crazy. Now, some may say "it's just a car" but it's not.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts