Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Papa Handsy just doesn't see what the big deal is. Just a car. Prints wipe right off. Car sees dirt and worse just driving down the road. I think it is more about not seeing the harm in it as far as my dad is concerned. Thinks people are being babies about their garage queens.

I saw someone at Concorso touching all of the cars like it was some kind of achievement. "I touched a such and such!"

I don't get it, don't do it, and made my dad stop doing it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
We compare our cars to women.....these touchy feely types, would it be OK for someone to touch their wife/daughter? It's just a touch, any dirt would wipe right off.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but that might be a better way to handle the touchers we see at shows.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I honestly do not care if you touch my car, but its really what COULD happen if you get close enough to touch it.

I didnt even have my car 2 weeks when I took it to a local cars and coffee. Some guy comes up to the bonnet and leans over to look into the engine and his belt buckle touches the painted portion above the rear grills of the gallardo and puts a 1/4 inch scratch in the paint.

That really sucked.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Worst was at Quail in the Pagani section - this kid was leaning his ass on one of the Paganis....couldn't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I think the need to touch is like looking at swimsuit model thinking "Man If I could only touch that"(for even a minute or two) I think they see our Lambos and see the opportunity to realize a fantasy. They get tunnel vision and take it. I have the same problem with the H1. It is pretty rugged so I don't worry about it as much.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I used to try to be a great ambassador for the marque demonstrating that Lambo owners are just really nice guys.

I let respectful kids and parents alike sit in the car at shows

However, after suffering fools in many forms, I usually have a couple of different "modes" at a car show.

Show my car respect, I show you respect.

If you don't.....expect to be treated like the douche you are.

Had a guy walk up to the Countach and rap on the wing with his knuckles at a show last year.

I asked him what the FCUK he was doing?

He said " I wanted to see what it was made of".

I walked toward him and replied " how about I rap you on your skull and see what it's made of".

I guess he was intimidated....

He left fairly quickly.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,339 Posts
I used to try to be a great ambassador for the marque demonstrating that Lambo owners are just really nice guys.

I let respectful kids and parents alike sit in the car at shows

However, after suffering fools in many forms, I usually have a couple of different "modes" at a car show.

Show my car respect, I show you respect.

If you don't.....expect to be treated like the douche you are.

Had a guy walk up to the Countach and rap on the wing with his knuckles at a show last year.

I asked him what the FCUK he was doing?

He said " I wanted to see what it was made of".

I walked toward him and replied " how about I rap you on your skull and see what it's made of".

I guess he was intimidated....

He left fairly quickly.

Lol! People never fail to exceed my expectations (Stupidity).

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
LOL. Great comeback. I use the same rules . If you are nice and respectful I will show you everything, let you sit in it and take pictures etc. I love to take mine to Harbor freight. There are always lots of admiring guys looking at them when I get out .They are always courteous. On the road I get more salutes in the H1 and more thumbs up in the lambo. The best is towing the lambo with the H1. That gets even the young girls looking over. (Us older guys gotta enjoy every moment we can)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was at Cars and Coffee a few weeks ago and some dude threw his keys to his buddy standing right next to my car and told him to take it (my car) for a spin. Haha, real funny, except for the fact that the guy's keys would have hit my car had his buddy not caught them. Same day another guy leans against my door with his ass while his friend took a picture. I don't understand why people feel the need to lean against a car while taking a picture with it. I would never even lean against my own car; that's just stupid. Needless to say, I'm done taking my car to shows, at least for a while.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I try to be very patient with anyone that want a pic or to sit in it for a pic. MUCH easier than fixing a scratch or dent from a thrown object or a kick. People just like the celebrity status of these very unique automobilie and want to be close to one if they can. I would drive them less if you want less attention, that would be your trade off otherwise I would go hot rod up an old corvette, they will leave that alone, trust me!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Half the fun that I have with these cars is talking about them, telling the stories of the drama that driving them about generates and polishing them back up after greasy hand prints.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I can live with a greasy hand print or two.

Purse, ring and watch scratches are another matter....

One member on this forum came out of a store to find a girl in a dress (sans undergarments) spread eagle on the hood of his car while here boyfriend took pictures of the bull emblem.

WTF do these people think?????

For me it's all about respect....

Respect for self....

Which begins with respect for others.
(and their property)

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts
I was at Cars and Coffee a few weeks ago and some dude threw his keys to his buddy standing right next to my car and told him to take it (my car) for a spin. Haha, real funny, except for the fact that the guy's keys would have hit my car had his buddy not caught them. Same day another guy leans against my door with his ass while his friend took a picture. I don't understand why people feel the need to lean against a car while taking a picture with it. I would never even lean against my own car; that's just stupid. Needless to say, I'm done taking my car to shows, at least for a while.
No true car enthusiast that owns a nicer car themselves would do that. I think it's people that don't care about their own car, but like seeing a Lambo or exotic crazy looking car. They drive it to work and they wash it every so often and it's just transportation. BUT, when they see a Lamborghini spaceship alien looking car, they go nuts and think it would be crazy for someone like us to get upset if they touch the car, or lean on the hood, etc. They probably don't care about their own car to think it's a big deal.

I can live with a greasy hand print or two.

Purse, ring and watch scratches are another matter....

One member on this forum came out of a store to find a girl in a dress (sans undergarments) spread eagle on the hood of his car while here boyfriend took pictures of the bull emblem.

WTF do these people think?????

For me it's all about respect....

Respect for self....

Which begins with respect for others.
(and their property)
I think it's those who just look at a car as getting from A to B, and flip out and don't even think what they are doing.

They do make a Dash cam that lets you see a LIVE FEED of your car when you park it, and records, no matter where you are. This is probably something all people need with these cars.

·
Registered
595 Posts
better not to get too crazy with signs etc because in this day and age you'll just invite keying...sad but that's reality!

·
Vendor
2,603 Posts
better not to get too crazy with signs etc because in this day and age you'll just invite keying...sad but that's reality!
From the reactions I've already gotten, a sign like that would have quite a few girls naked.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Ha. Enjoyed reading these. One of these days you will all graduate and stop going all together, just too risky, at least that's where I'm at. Had enough of people hanging cameras over the deck lids to get angular shots. Every time I saw it my hands would get sweaty. At really crowded shows people can actually fall over the front of the Diablo if they lost their balance. All that plus the fact that most of the other cars there were not worthy of the Diablos presence! :D

21 - 40 of 78 Posts