Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made custom signs:

They are made of cardstock and are for each door. Got the idea after seeing other cars with signs like "cars are like wives, if it ain't yours don't touch" and wanted to make my own. Thought I'd share...:) Trying these out tomorrow!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I like the sign but people are just idiots. They will touch more on purpose I was at a car show last week and the mother tells the kid shut the door so I can take a better picture and the kid shut the door on an Aventador of course that wasn't his and used his big greasy hand in the middle of the door to do it.
U should put pictures are free. Touching will cost u a hand. Can't teach common sense but u can breed stupidity.
Good luck let me know if it works and I'll make a banner lol

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,186 Posts
Yeah, people have no respect for other's property.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the sign but people are just idiots. They will touch more on purpose I was at a car show last week and the mother tells the kid shut the door so I can take a better picture and the kid shut the door on an Aventador of course that wasn't his and used his big greasy hand in the middle of the door to do it.
U should put pictures are free. Touching will cost u a hand. Can't teach common sense but u can breed stupidity.
Good luck let me know if it works and I'll make a banner lol
That's a good one one too! I had my doors open for a little bit and closed them. As soon as I did, a kid kept opening and closing the car door latch. Other times, it is mostly kids/people leaning on the car. All this stuff is while I was around...what happens when I'm not there :confused: I also sometimes will put a GoPro on the car. Most people think it is for security reasons :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Great sign! I need to make one of those up, too!

It's a weird phenomena - people see YOUR car, and yet someone feel that they are entitled to do as they wish to it.

One guy in our group had a sister who sent him a pic - she and her friend came across an F430, so her friend decides to LIE on the front bonnet, resting her elbow on the windshield, so she could take the picture. :mad::mad:

I have come out to my car, to see a girl sitting on my front bonnet, legs splayed, so her boyfriend could take a picture of the bull emblem between her legs (no underwear on!!!). Other times, I have had people approach my car, and just open the door to sit in it. Not cool.

I am somewhat less anxious now that this car is completely wrapped with XPel, but still - the constant hand prints are a bit much.

What is wrong with some people? The vast majority of people are very respectful, but wow. How badly would I get sued if I electrified the bodywork of my car LOL

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Great sign! I need to make one of those up, too!

It's a weird phenomena - people see YOUR car, and yet someone feel that they are entitled to do as they wish to it.

One guy in our group had a sister who sent him a pic - she and her friend came across an F430, so her friend decides to LIE on the front bonnet, resting her elbow on the windshield, so she could take the picture. :mad::mad:

I have come out to my car, to see a girl sitting on my front bonnet, legs splayed, so her boyfriend could take a picture of the bull emblem between her legs (no underwear on!!!). Other times, I have had people approach my car, and just open the door to sit in it. Not cool.

I am somewhat less anxious now that this car is completely wrapped with XPel, but still - the constant hand prints are a bit much.

What is wrong with some people? The vast majority of people are very respectful, but wow. How badly would I get sued if I electrified the bodywork of my car LOL
You should see what I do in and on your car when you leave it at my place. HEHEHEHE. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

·
Registered
447 Posts
You should see what I do in and on your car when you leave it at my place. HEHEHEHE. :evil::evil::evil::evil:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reminder to self...... hahaha

·
Registered
518 Posts
When we are at a car show and the people really want to touch a Lambo....
I send them over to TTbear's car.....
He says he enjoys detailing his car....
so it's win/win

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Favorite touching of car story was from a couple with a Countach who went to a rural car show and pancake feed. They said it was full of kids and the Countach was covered in syrup hand prints from end to end.

Went to Concorso Italiano when the Aventador came out. They had a matte black one on display that really showed prints. I could not believe how many hand prints were on that car.

My dad used to touch cars at car shows. He has stopped since I harass him about it relentlessly. We went to the local vintage races years back and he would put his hands on the cars so he could lean in and get a better look at the interior. He did it to several cars and then did it to an Enzo. I chewed him out about it and he looked at me like I was crazy. He then did it to a '50s Testarossa. Planted his paws on the door and leaned in rambling on about the spartan interior. I tore into him and one of the crew came over and glared at him. he just does not get it. Thought we were all being silly. I give him a ton of flack before every show about touching the cars. Fortunately he has stopped.

I don't worry about it too much with my car, but I know it infuriates some people. You just don't touch other people's stuff.

·
Registered
447 Posts
When we are at a car show and the people really want to touch a Lambo....
I send them over to TTbear's car.....
He says he enjoys detailing his car....
so it's win/win

;) ;) ;)

HA. That's not detailing, that's damage limitation! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
LOL . All you need to add is the capacitor and warning "I bite back" with an electrocution bolt .Not a large capacitor just a small one like a ceiling fan one. Not enough to hurt but enough to make them pee in their pants. They wont look very cool in the photo then. Ha ha . Only arm it when you are away. I might have to build one with a remote just for fun to teach the real A$%#oles a lesson. Even if you don't do it , it sure is fun to think about. Lee

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you have to tape off ur car, then ur at the wrong car show.
Unfortunately just about ANY car show you go to (even big name concours) aren't immune from idiots who don't respect others property...

Reactions: pteam21

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I never really understood it. What pleasure does someone get by touching the car? Sitting inside I can at least understand why they would do it) but touching the car just doesnt make any sense to me?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts