Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Vendor
2,399 Posts
I took off my rear bumper cover to install exhaust. Suprised the car only has 14k miles and quite a few broken tabs. Several separated completly.

I have used 3M 2216B/A in the past very successfully to repair all kinds of things. Long story short, I repaired all my tabs with this and I guarantee you will have to break another area before you will break the epoxy bond. Just give area some tooth and solvent clean. I used some dabs of CA glue at the tip of a broken off tab for instance and then coated the rest w/ epoxy. After a quick initial set, I smoothed and spread epoxy and added any reinforcing. In the past, (my tabs did not need this) I have embedded fiberglass cloth in the epoxy for extra strength. You can also 'stitch' the area with aviation stainless safety wire, which will hold the parts while epoxy cures. When hard you can remove wire by just grinding down, or leave if you want the extra support and it is not in the way.

Dont go looking for other epoxies. Trust me. This is what you want to use. ;) I flew a helicopter which it's blade skins were bonded to the spar with this same adhesive. It has fantastic strength, yet is not brittle so it can hold up in high vibration environments.

Very cool. Maybe we should start shipping our bumpers to you :)

41 - 41 of 41 Posts