Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I have some novice questions regarding the tires and wheels. Since I DD my car, I seem to attract nails so I go through tires quickly. Since I have yet to find a tire that fits the 23" wheels, I'm stuck with the Pirelli's which are hard to find and expensive. So when I get a nail, I will try and fix the tire first. I've never had black wheels (plus mine have the color stripe matching the car on the wheel-Pearl capsule) and no one near me has a truly touchless tire changer, any recommendations on how to get the tires repaired or eventually replaced without damaging the wheel? Also, has anyone found a tire other than the OEM's that fit the 23" rim? Also reading the manual, it appears there are specific spots to lift the car from on the subframe crossbar which has some sort of cylindrical shape attachment. Is this cylindrical shaped item in our cars or do most tire shops have these? Also states I need to put it in wheel change mode thru the multimedia system and use the mounting pins when removing the wheels. Am I getting this all correct? Any recommendations/advice is appreciated. Thx!

·
Registered
460 Posts
First off, the 23” are very poor choice for this vehicle, super thin sidewall prone to damage. Even my dealer persuaded me to get the 22”, and the spare option. The 23” Pirelli are in very short supply, and installing anything else will throw a code (according to my tech). You need the guide pin to ensure you do not damage the CCB.

I actually took my Huracan to Discount Tire for a nail once. They have rim guarantee against any damage. They did a masterful job and zero cost (tipped the guy handsomely of course). They're probably better than going to the dealer as they change more way tires than the dealer.

Oh, and forgot to mention, dealers won’t fix flat tires, only replace them. Some liability policy, etc.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I have 23s and live on Long Island. I’m very carful. Last week I picked up my wife’s friend from LGA and hit a nasty pothole on the way back. I’m still shaking from it. Luckily no damage or anything. After that I use my Escalade on those trips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.