Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

New to the forum and Lamborghini ownership in general. However, I've had decent exposure to the brand & have driven most of the cars. I truly do love these cars and am a Lambo guy at heart, and I'm about to take delivery of my first Lambo next week and am looking for some insight into things to look out for.

Just sold my '17 Porsche 911 (991.2) Turbo which was my first sports/supercar and have shook hands & put a deposit on a '14 Lambo Aventador 50th Anniversario Roadster LP720-4. The car has every conceivable option, including the rear of the seats in full carbon and the factory racing exhaust. Car has just under 8000km (~5000mi) - all in all, a garage queen owned by a gentle & careful collector with full PPF and in immaculate condition with all its history. Planning to keep her in the garage most of the time under a cover, trickle charger & tyre cushions, perhaps driving it around 1500km (~900mi) per year. I'm usually very anal with my cars (i.e. keeping revs as low as possible until it reaches operating temps, neutral when stopping, gently lifting off throttle, not revving, etc.) - I tend to baby cars quite a lot.

However, in my time spent with rental Aventadors, I have experienced lots of problems with the car in general. Are these cars doomed from production and bound to fail with big bills indefinitely? Or under care and high maintenance, can the ownership experience be completely smooth? Was considering a Gallardo STS or a Huracan LP610 Spyder, but I've always loved the Aventador since it was unveiled in 2011 and this was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Ultimately, its been my childhood/teenage poster-dream car.

I'd appreciate any heads up for impending issues associated with the car and the respective model year as well as any further tips. I know the 50th are MY14, but they are made in 2013 which is quite early.

I have a few immediate questions if you guys can help point me in the right direction:

1. Any differences in cooling between the 50th Anniversario and the standard LP700?
2. Any differences in cooling between Coupe/Roadster?
3. Any suggestions to improve cooling? (I'm considering putting SV/S style carbon air vents which sit over the engine bay, replacing the automatic-opening ones) (also, does the new S have an extra radiator or something? can I fit this on the 50th?)
4. Should the car heat up in unexpected traffic, what's the best thing to do?
5. Is it fine to keep the front-lift up for longer periods of time (parked)? Although this shouldn't matter as I will always keep it down and only lift it for speed bumps; just curious...

Thanks guys - all the best,
SG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats!!

Depends where you live will determine how hot it will get. Im in Vegas and its pretty hot during the summer. So the Avy doesn't like it too much. Doesn't overheat but the A/C doesn't work that good or barely at all. haha.

Best thing I can say for the Avy is, drive it. Ive noticed that people that actually drive there Avy's have way less issues. I just replace my complete rear diff which wasn't too bad. Other then that I haven't had any issues. Audio sucks (I have aftermarket exhaust), which Im upgrading audio in a week or two finally.

I wouldn't suggest parking it for long periods of time with the front lift up. I was also told to try to not lift the front when Turing. Makes sense since it puts uneven stress on the hydraulic system.

I have noticed that in Vegas hot temps, the Coupe won't heat up as fast as the roadster. Probably just due to airflow over the rear area.

Congrats again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Willis,

Thanks so much for your response! I live in the Middle East, Dubai basically so we have harsh summers but our winters (Nov-March) are gorgeous, typically always below 30°c. Will probably only use it at night in the summer just to move it and do most of my mileage during the better months.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey guys,

New to the forum and Lamborghini ownership in general. However, I've had decent exposure to the brand & have driven most of the cars. I truly do love these cars and am a Lambo guy at heart, and I'm about to take delivery of my first Lambo next week and am looking for some insight into things to look out for.

Just sold my '17 Porsche 911 (991.2) Turbo which was my first sports/supercar and have shook hands & put a deposit on a '14 Lambo Aventador 50th Anniversario Roadster LP720-4. The car has every conceivable option, including the rear of the seats in full carbon and the factory racing exhaust. Car has just under 8000km (~5000mi) - all in all, a garage queen owned by a gentle & careful collector with full PPF and in immaculate condition with all its history. Planning to keep her in the garage most of the time under a cover, trickle charger & tyre cushions, perhaps driving it around 1500km (~900mi) per year. I'm usually very anal with my cars (i.e. keeping revs as low as possible until it reaches operating temps, neutral when stopping, gently lifting off throttle, not revving, etc.) - I tend to baby cars quite a lot.

However, in my time spent with rental Aventadors, I have experienced lots of problems with the car in general. Are these cars doomed from production and bound to fail with big bills indefinitely? Or under care and high maintenance, can the ownership experience be completely smooth? Was considering a Gallardo STS or a Huracan LP610 Spyder, but I've always loved the Aventador since it was unveiled in 2011 and this was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Ultimately, its been my childhood/teenage poster-dream car.

I'd appreciate any heads up for impending issues associated with the car and the respective model year as well as any further tips. I know the 50th are MY14, but they are made in 2013 which is quite early.

I have a few immediate questions if you guys can help point me in the right direction:

1. Any differences in cooling between the 50th Anniversario and the standard LP700?
2. Any differences in cooling between Coupe/Roadster?
3. Any suggestions to improve cooling? (I'm considering putting SV/S style carbon air vents which sit over the engine bay, replacing the automatic-opening ones) (also, does the new S have an extra radiator or something? can I fit this on the 50th?)
4. Should the car heat up in unexpected traffic, what's the best thing to do?
5. Is it fine to keep the front-lift up for longer periods of time (parked)? Although this shouldn't matter as I will always keep it down and only lift it for speed bumps; just curious...

Thanks guys - all the best,
SG
Just make sure you have all the recalls done and you will be fine....there was one to expand cooling tank etc......the only issue I see happen often is the $8k wiring harness that goes bad I am guessing because of heat exposure

·
Super Moderator
3,283 Posts
I wouldn’t leave the lift up.

After it reaches temp, don’t worry, drive her like she was meant to be.

It does get hot in traffic, but doesn’t overheat at all. Spoiler goes up automatically at 95 degrees and the a/c turns on.

My a/c is ice cold so not sure why the other member says his doesn’t. I usually have my tops off so the a/c doesn’t do much.

I pretty much drive mine every single day when I’m at my home in Chicago. Don’t worry and enjoy! 1000 miles on mine in the last few weeks; be prepared for a lot of trips to refuel!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn’t leave the lift up.

After it reaches temp, don’t worry, drive her like she was meant to be.

It does get hot in traffic, but doesn’t overheat at all. Spoiler goes up automatically at 95 degrees and the a/c turns on.

My a/c is ice cold so not sure why the other member says his doesn’t. I usually have my tops off so the a/c doesn’t do much.

I pretty much drive mine every single day when I’m at my home in Chicago. Don’t worry and enjoy! 1000 miles on mine in the last few weeks; be prepared for a lot of trips to refuel!
Summers here in Vegas get about 115. So about 110 or so the A/C has issues. But low 100s its fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts