Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the heck the ticking noise is from under the transmission tunnel?
Don't think it's that common but I remember reading a thread earlier in the year from someone who said it eventually went away. Mine hasn't gone away, it gently ticks to itself whether in 1st gear or in neutral (e-gear, incidentally).
A distinct tick every 3 or 4 seconds. You can feel it thru your arm if you rest it on the transmission tunnel.
Very strange! A 500hp grand father clock!

·
Registered
76 Posts
The ticking wont go away - sorry. The noise comes from a valve associated with a cooling pipe that runs along the transmission tunnel (not sure if it's to the radiator or the heater). The problem is that the valve is solidly mounted to the tunnel body so it tends to amplify it.

My dealer has investigated it themselves and the ticking is normal. They were investigating the possibility of isolating the valve from the body, but not sure if they ended up doing anything.

The noise comes and goes, apparantly depending on temperatures, air temp, cabin temp, water temp etc. etc.

Just think of it as the car's heartbeat, or turn the radio up, or fit a Tubi! :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hmm, I haven't noticed that yet.. I'll look at it with my service guys. Thanks for bringing that up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Can the offending valve be easily accessed from under the car during an inspection, as mine is in getting a tiny (I hope) coolant leak looked at.
Incidentally, listen to Blink 182's "Girl's and Boys". Lots of true lines apart from "the girls with the bodies like boys with ferraris"! Ha!.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ltadmin said:
Yes it's the Heater Valve in the Tunnel, not dangerous, but annoying.

The only fix is to wrap the valve with Silicone Tape to isolate it from Metal to Metal Contact!

makes sense,,,,, just started to notice now that im using heat. Never did it before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ticking Noise

The ticking is the valve and where it meets the body. It actually has two rubber gromets on either side of the valve. Usually they get squished out becaused they are too tight ( From the Factory ) and then it is a metal mount that justs makes it go throught the entire console. take to the Dealer and get the mount fixed.

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts