Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to hear from people who have experienced thrust mode in their Lamborghini. I bought a 2018 Lamborghini Huracan performante. The dealership clude me in on most of the functions and after having read the book as well I discovered that there is such a thing as a thrust mode to really take full advantage of off the line performance. Then I saw a YouTube video that really got my attention oddly enough I haven't got to try it out in my car yet because of the weather where I am... And I cannot wait to try this out, I was wondering how many of you Lamborghini owners have used thrust mode, and what was it like? :cool:

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,244 Posts
I have used it a handful of times...its pretty cool but I cant imagine it would be great for the car...do it sparingly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow twin turbos? On a Huracan? that sounds beyond awesome, My Performante already ****s and gets! I can't imagine having twin turbos on it.
And yes I agree with you on using it sparingly it has to be pretty stressful on the car for sure.
I'm greatly looking forward to launching it in thrust mode as soon as I find an appropriate place to do it... Thanks for commenting on my post Fabo :cool:

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
You definitely need the right place to do it. It is pretty violent and like Fabo says it can’t be good for the car. I was experiencing heavy wheel spin and had to let off both times I tried it. I need a better place to be comfortable doing it again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Russk, thanks for the comments... Yeah we have two smaller airports where I live, I have considered calling them to see if there is a strip available for me to make a couple of runs, I don't know if that's possible yet but I'm going to find out... I really like the idea of a super wide and fairly long runway to try thrust mode, it's not something I really care to do all the time because I want my car to last. But It's kinda eating at me though.. LOL! I really want to try it at least one time. Take care dude!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I really like the idea of a super wide and fairly long runway to try thrust mode, it's not something I really care to do all the time because I want my car to last.
I'm sure you could try at a nearby dragstrip. I imagine their surface would be better prepared for exercising the car like this, not to mention much less costly than an airport could charge, lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes a strip would be nice to take the car down but it's almost 4 hours round trip... That pretty much takes the fun out of it. I'll find a place to do it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts