Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok for those of you that have been following my efforts to find out why the Carter motor remains on in my Diablo after I turn the engine off -- thanks to some members here I have eliminated the problem being with the motor itself, #5 relay that controlles if, or the "controller box" beside the LIE computer (thanks Grant Johnson Lamborghini Beverly Hills), I now suspect the problem may lie with the Throttle position sensor.

The manual says this is a potentiometer that is supplied 5V from the "control unit" (LIE I assume) and sends a voltage back corresponding to the throttle position. It then says "The angle position of the sensor can be adjusted". Big help. Anybody done this. What are normal voltage readings. Should it be 0 when the throttle is full closed.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hi John,

yes it's adjustable or can fail. By opening the throttle , slightly off rest you should hear the TPS "click"...and at rest between + & G should be 0.

It's is important to insure the internal microswith "clicks" just slightly off rest position as the microswitch is what turns the potentiometer portion on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts