Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
That is a beautiful car, I like everything about it. Low mileage and fairly priced. I hate to see alcantera steering wheels worn down so much with such low mileage. I just ordered an Alcantera steering wheel on my new EVO and was hoping they have improved the material by now. I guess that is just the way it is, but other than that the car is pristine!

Reactions: FredJobs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say warm water and detergent works wonders on alcantara. It’s really just oils from the hands.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
I would say warm water and detergent works wonders on alcantara. It’s really just oils from the hands.
Yes I have heard that works for some. My previous "suede" steering wheel wore out in 1000 miles and I replaced the entire steering wheel because there was nothing left on wheel to clean. It looked glazed and shinny. I was hoping Alcantera would hold up better. I do have a pair of gloves that I can wear, but I really like the feel of the alcantera.

Also I saw a Aventador S Roadster with both LDS & LRS. I would assume the SV would also have it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fredjobs- Please stay away from this car & dealership. As nice as pics look and seems, my good friend (also an SV Owner) had a terrible experience with them consigning his old Huracan and another vehicle, and they just have bad overall business practices.

Not too long ago they barely had any cars in their lot and looked done but somehow popped back up. They also have quite a reputation here in SoCal.

I am sure my friend would not want any fellow prospective owner to experience what he did especially now with such a high end Car and I'll ask him to chime in here.

Good luck with you search.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fredjobs- Please stay away from this car & dealership. As nice as pics look and seems, my good friend (also an SV Owner) had a terrible experience with them consigning his old Huracan and another vehicle, and they just have bad overall business practices.

Not too long ago they barely had any cars in their lot and looked done but somehow popped back up. They also have quite a reputation here in SoCal.

I am sure my friend would not want any fellow prospective owner to experience what he did especially now with such a high end Car and I'll ask him to chime in here.

Good luck with you search.
what dealership are you speaking about?

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
126 Posts
Beautiful car, but those bucket seats... I haven't heard good things about their comfort level, they did offer the more plush seats as an option. Be sure to try them out before committing to anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
what dealership are you speaking about?
As mentioned, I am the SV owner who got the runaround from ST Exotics earlier this year. They did end up consigning two vehicles(Huracan/G wagon) for me. The Huracan transaction went smooth with zero issues. However, it was the $100k transaction with the G Wagon that went sideways. If anyone on this forum were considering to consign their vehicle or purchase with ST, I would advise to seriously consider. Although there are mature individuals in the world in their early 20's, it was clear that a business like this did/does not suit the owner (PJ). I found out later that someone from their dealership went joyriding in my vehicle (received a toll road violation notice from Orange Co) and racked up unnecessary mileage (approx 1000 miles).

They definitely lack in the professionalism department, as the finance manager is also someone in their early 20's. Once the "sale" took place, it took ST almost 3 months to make the payoff to Mercedes Benz Financial. Per CA DMV, a consignment vehicle should be paid off in no more that 21 days after the sale. After the deadline, it wasnt until i reached out to the DMV Investigators who opened a case, that got ST stirred up. As a customer, when a business lies to you (caught them in numerous lies) you pretty much throw all credibility out the window. I can only speculate as to why they are/were floating titles of vehicles and not making payoffs in a timely manner. Whether its due to business cash flow issues or using that money to purchase other vehicles that dealerships can then in turn sell while they string along both parties to the consignment transaction.....who knows??

I didn't go online to bash them on google or yelp, because at the beginning of the pandemic, they closed down and the place sat empty, assuming they went out of business. It wasnt until 6-7 months later they miraculously opened up again with a few exotics on their floor. I'm a believer that shady business practices will ultimately catch up to all of them, but i guess this post is to just voice my experience to save a fellow lambo guy the headache of going thru what i did. When dealing with exotics in the 6 figure range, I learned the hard way and will never make the mistake of trying to give a "boutique" dealership a shot. I will only deal with reputable dealers from here on out.....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Let me jump in on this, I do not know anyone involved.

Based the the "late" payoff to MBZ, RUN FAST from this dealership. Secondly, most of us do not carry insurance to cover any loss if the car is at a dealership for sale, I would question IF they have such a high coverage based on their recent transactions. RUN RUN RUN.. If any dealership sells a car, and fails to make the payoff, they can go out of business and keep your $$. NO ONE will help you get it back, for a 1 or 2 car money loss, no prosecution will happen. Off to expensive civil and trying to extract money from fools that pissed it away on their lifestyle. I have seen this countless times. BTW, I am a PI with 30+ years in Le and PI work specializing in insurance claims and this sort of shenanigans. I could write novels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had an 16 SV for around 8 months that I sold in March and man those bucket seats are bad.

I'm 6'3 and had a bit of a hard time fitting but I'd do it all again.

Just bought an S Roadster with comfort seats.

Much better.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What's with those weird side air vents?

The seats - some find them comfortable, some do not. I guess it has to do with the body shape. I love mine and I don't like the comfort seats as they feel like I am jumping out of them through any corner or bump.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I believe the side air vents are aftermarket carbon fiber. It is a matter of time until the full carbon fiber door panels begin to vibrate and buzz, and the leather pull down door handle is just out of place. I like the solid grip style. I considered a used SV, and made a wise decision to get and S, many improvements as noted in a number of videos.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I believe the side air vents are aftermarket carbon fiber. It is a matter of time until the full carbon fiber door panels begin to vibrate and buzz, and the leather pull down door handle is just out of place. I like the solid grip style. I considered a used SV, and made a wise decision to get and S, many improvements as noted in a number of videos.
I've just clocked 20,000km on my SV Roadster (bought it new). MANY kms at over 300kph. Nothing vibrates or buzzes. I have more CF factory options on my car than any other out there ( I came up with most of the CF options that are now regular options on the SVJ - I commissioned the factory to make them). Anyway, I drive my car harder than most, it has more CF panels/options than basically any other SV out there and the car is rock solid - no creaks, rattles or any other concerns.

Did you drive a SV before you made your decision, or did you just look at reviews? I found the S hugely underwhelming after driving the SV.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I did drive the SV, but it was a 2016 so pre 4 wheel steering ,etc. My S has the MR suspension option and 21" wheels.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,189 Posts
Reactions: BRU

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I know, it's totally a bit much... but my better half was like that is the only way we're going with yellow, it a completely over the top interior like that. lol

Reactions: Kratos
1 - 20 of 23 Posts