Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Hope everyone is well,

Really quick one, I am just deciding whether to have a standard or major service on my G 2004. It last had a major service 4500miles ago (4yrs ago) and the standard service annually since (the last couple of years - I only did 600 miles the year before last and only did 100 miles since its last standard service last year). What are your thoughts on whether I have a minor now and the major next year or should the major service be now?

Really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Keep with at least a oil change every year...but there is shop in swindon i believe his name is ricky
and he knows v10 cars aud r8 and gallardo.
look this guy up...he can properly maintain your v10

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep with at least a oil change every year...but there is shop in swindon i believe his name is ricky
and he knows v10 cars aud r8 and gallardo.
look this guy up...he can properly maintain your v10

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, unfortunately Swindon is too far for me to travel but appreciate the recommendation.

·
Registered
2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
52 Posts
600 miles a year?! I've been driving my Gallardo 600 miles a month! Get out and drive. Sure the car is pretty to look at, but is that why you bought it?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just some small talk comments form me.
With synthetic oil, I can see waiting 2 years with low mileage, if the car is garage keep/ lives in good weather.
Brake fluid, many ignore a 2 year service, yet always good to maintain brake fluid.
Sparkplugs, with low mileage do not need to be changed, but electrolysis/ bonding to the heads could be an issue, so breaking them loose could be good thing.
A visual inspection, even with low miles, for loose items is always a good thing.
Without comparing the actually minor vs. major schedule items, I can not add more small talk.
Only other comment would be resale.
Buyers like to see maintenance done on time, but your car is a 2004 so that opens a "debate".
I could be sway to do a minor now and the major next year.
Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,191 Posts
Major every 5 years. Annually do oil change and brake flush every 2 years. With low miles you can push oil change to 18 months.
since I’m getting the 3 year maintenance pack can I get them to do the brake flush in years 1 and 3 so the first time I pay for that is in year 5? Also, when does diff fluid change happen? My last car I did that early.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did a major service on my car last year with my mileage being at roughly 12k. I figured while the mileage was low, the car still continued to age having made 11 years. I did all fluids, belt and tensioner, fuel lines, and filters.

-Vin

Reactions: Rcasa20
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.