Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Hoping those with experience can help out. Currently have Gallardo Spyder (for sale) and moving to a Huracan.

Originally I ruled out the H spyder since I did not like the lines with top up. It looked squished from the side to me. But it is warming up to me. Top down, it looks great. While you loose the transparent engine bonnet, you get all the things that are awesome about a spyder.

In driving my gallardo spyder, I would say 90% of the time or more I have the top down and LOVE it.

So just looking for some thoughts on the spyder. I have never actually seen one in person. Seen many coupes, but for some reason not a lot of spyders around.

They also seem to carry a 15k or more premium over the coupe. Is this what you guys have seen?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,846 Posts
H Spyder all the way! Top up or down it is gorgeous. I went from 2 G spyders into the Huracan Spyder and you get the benefit of lowering or raising that top while driving up to 40 MPH.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Yep spyder, I think looks good top up, very sleek and low

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I really LOVE my G spyder, but for some reason I did not like the H (visually) with top up. Something about the way the rear slopes up made it look squished to me. Top down, I like it.

Been shopping coupes this past month and find myself thinking more about spyders since I know it is one of the things I like most about my G.

@Russk, that spoiler looks awesome. Like a performante. Do you mind me asking who makes it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I didn’t love the top up look initially but it really doesn’t look bad at all. I only really drive the car with the top down but top up is not so bad!

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
95 Posts
Nothing better than open air driving. Get the spyder you will love it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Plus one on the Spyder, they do cost a little more, but I had no intention of tracking it so, Spyder.

·
Registered
267 Posts
couple looks like a real huracan, spyder looks a bit weird with the top, i always hated the look of the car with the top up. that black roof doesn't match at all.

however experience of driving top down is not comparable to anything else.

·
Premium Member
15,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,846 Posts
My black top ties everything together from rims to all the black exterior parts.

·
Registered
250 Posts
H Spyder all the way! Top up or down it is gorgeous. I went from 2 G spyders into the Huracan Spyder and you get the benefit of lowering or raising that top while driving up to 40 MPH.
View attachment 292497 View attachment 292498
Boy that rear wing is really growing on me. Car looks awesome with the top up.

And the verde green begs for a sunshine state with plenty of flowers in the background.....

You chose well Russ.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I drove the Spyder once, that's all it took for me to be hooked.

If you are 5'10" or taller you won't fit comfortably with standard seats due to less room in spyder cockpit. You'll need race or ideally sport seats from EVO model

Reactions: Lamborghinifam

·
Premium Member
15,846 Posts
Boy that rear wing is really growing on me. Car looks awesome with the top up.

And the verde green begs for a sunshine state with plenty of flowers in the background.....

You chose well Russ.
Thanks, I really like it and the best part is I can easily change it back anytime I want.

·
Premium Member
15,846 Posts
I drove the Spyder once, that's all it took for me to be hooked.

If you are 5'10" or taller you won't fit comfortably with standard seats due to less room in spyder cockpit. You'll need race or ideally sport seats from EVO model
I know I’m beginning to sound like a broken record, but the sports seats really make you like your in a very special car, a Lamborghini.

Reactions: nickorette

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Itsagoodday hopefully you decided and it's a great day! Any update?

Saw a few spyders in person and fell in love! So much better in person than pics. Didnt think I would feel this way but the car looks so different in person. Walking up to one with the top down, it really is beautiful and NOT squished looking at all.

I didnt miss the transparent bonnet either as the rear has a very Aventador type feel to it. If gloss black with a nice color to POP I am sure it would be fantastic!

So I am switching up the search and looking heavily at spyders.

Might sound funny but I found this vid which really does a good job of showing how it looks to your eye in person.

All the fears of a squished looking car went away and it actually has a longer appearance.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
Sounds like a winner to me, if it's good for you then it's good. There are many drop top fans on the forum and not many complaints from said owners so I am sure you will be happy. Watch out for those rain drops........... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Saw a few spyders in person and fell in love! So much better in person than pics. Didnt think I would feel this way but the car looks so different in person. Walking up to one with the top down, it really is beautiful and NOT squished looking at all.

I didnt miss the transparent bonnet either as the rear has a very Aventador type feel to it. If gloss black with a nice color to POP I am sure it would be fantastic!

So I am switching up the search and looking heavily at spyders.

Might sound funny but I found this vid which really does a good job of showing how it looks to your eye in person.

All the fears of a squished looking car went away and it actually has a longer appearance.

Losing the glass bonnet was something that had kept me from buying a spyder but then after seeing a couple found the spyder just looked so much more exotic. Also not being able to see motor might be enough to keep me from spending $40k supercharging like I did to last 3 cars.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts