Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I’m the current owner of a 17’ R8. I’m looking to sell the car soon and go to a Superleggera, mainly because I love the sound of the engine. I was going to go check out a 2R soon and was wondering, does anyone know if UGR does anything to make the egear gearbox suck less?

·
Registered
778 Posts
to answer your question: yes they do a lot to gearboxes but the overall Slight jerking function will not change. 04-08 egear are not as smooth as 09-14 egear. DCT gearboxes are obviously completely different and much nicer to drive in general.

You should call ugr about ANY used TT ugr car. They will be able to tell you if the car has been seen by UGR for any recent or major service. These cars really need to be serviced by UGR besides plugs, and oil changes. I believe I asked about this car and they said it had NOT been back to them for quite some time and may have had some work done by another shop, double check with them on this as I’m not sure exactly which car you are talking about. I personally like the older TT cars but they are an acquired taste for many people.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All,

I’m the current owner of a 17’ R8. I’m looking to sell the car soon and go to a Superleggera, mainly because I love the sound of the engine. I was going to go check out a 2R soon and was wondering, does anyone know if UGR does anything to make the egear gearbox suck less?
Why don’t you skip all the headaches and trade yours for a Huracan?
It is far better than all Gallardos but if you're looking for raw experience Gallardos are so fun to drive and own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for all of the input. I had been looking at the yellow 2R at Net Car Showroom but have some reservations on it now. I emailed UGR about it for some history but got no response.

I was interested in buying it in Jan but bought my R8 instead of turbo’d it. I actually prefer them over the Huracan. I’ve always had a special spot for the pre-LP, which is why I am looking at one. I just wanted to make sure they didn’t take 5 seconds to get into different gears like the 09-14 R8 auto gearboxes did. I actually don’t mind jerky if it can engage gears reasonably quick.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks guys for all of the input. I had been looking at the yellow 2R at Net Car Showroom but have some reservations on it now. I emailed UGR about it for some history but got no response.

I was interested in buying it in Jan but bought my R8 instead of turbo’d it. I actually prefer them over the Huracan. I’ve always had a special spot for the pre-LP, which is why I am looking at one. I just wanted to make sure they didn’t take 5 seconds to get into different gears like the 09-14 R8 auto gearboxes did. I actually don’t mind jerky if it can engage gears reasonably quick.
best of luck man

·
Registered
778 Posts

It’s as simple as making sure you get ahold of them before you purchase. The 09 cars shifted better btw

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I forgot to say, install the sprint booster and the LP560 e-gear is very fast in sport and corsa mode , although not as fast as the DCT of the Huracan, obviously. There are also relativley in expensive aftermarket tcu flashes which assist in good e-gear gear shifts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts