Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
we can post lambo fire pix here all day. pls reference fire incident data on a # and % basis versus internet emoting. flaming rants (pun intended) without data are pretty limited in usefulness other than stirring up drama - which now that I said that makes sense since internet.

Salomondrin has 3M followers on his Salomundo channel.

A ballpark estimate says 2-3% of the ~200 Sennas made worldwide so far, from Q3 2018 to Q2 2019, have gone up in flames.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The look for me isn't there.. while at dealer i got to look at a few models yes the top of the line isn't that bad but the rest just look cheap.. Loved lambos since a kid

·
Registered
12,015 Posts
The look for me isn't there.. while at dealer i got to look at a few models yes the top of the line isn't that bad but the rest just look cheap.. Loved lambos since a kid
I’m the same. Been a Lamborghini fan since primary school.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just seeing this thread but from experience, I’d vote to stay away from McLaren too.. I have a 18’ Performante and a 18’ 570S convertible. I’ve had ZERO issues with the lambo. Now the McLaren I’m about to start looking into lemon laws because I’m getting to sick of this car. I don’t think I’ve gone 30 days straight without having the car towed to the shop. It’s a new issue once a month.
I’ve had the weather stripping start lifting around the doors (the car is less than a year old), had the A/C lines clogged and had both driver and passenger floors completely flooded, the car doesn’t want to recognize the key half the time so the car won’t start but it will unlock/lock, car randomly won’t go into launch control, my windows randomly drop down a few inches, and most recently the cars parking brake won’t engage so currently the car is back at the dealership again... I’ve lost count on how many days the car has been in the shop in total but it’s just absurd.

I have a few different car brands in my garage now and none of them give me issues except the McLaren. But it seems to me that the entire McLaren crew I speak with all say it’s not big deal, every car has issues. I think the issue is that a lot of McLaren owners are new to the supercar world and think this is the norm.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
no doubt Lamborghini is more reliable. Audi is a great influence in how Lamborghini performs. If you look back before their influence, back in the Countach era when it was just pure Lamborghini, they were pushing the envelope of design and mechanics. Having owned many pre Audi Lamborghinis, the charm of a hand made car was, at times, a trying experience. Lamborghini today is a well built machine no doubt. Not making any excuses for a modern day super car company as they should have modern quality and supervision, but Mclaren is pushing the envelope with design and mechanics. I can tell you, my 675lt has 24,000 miles and its only required maintenance and one cracked windshield replacement. Am I an anomaly? On these forums, MclarenLife, Lamborghini Talk, etc, the louder voices are the ones that want to tell the negative narrative. No doubt with a new company like Mclaren you have problems, but the fun factor, and super car performance is intoxicating. Anyone who has ever sat in my seat will attest to the fact that the 675lt is a special car and drive experience is all there. I recommend that you check a couple of youtube videos on the 675lt and read post production what this car's reviews say. This is the Countach of Mclaren(future). Limited, cutting edge performance, and is a pure drivers beast of its time.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,737 Posts
And I think the 675LT is one of the best looking Macs so far. Impressive all the way around.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
And I think the 675LT is one of the best looking Macs so far. Impressive all the way around.
being in Hawaii I can imagine the limitations on variety of sampling cars.
Have you had a chance to drive one? the connection between machine and driver is spot on. loads of P1 and Senna influence in a $400,000 package

·
Premium Member
14,737 Posts
I have never driven one, but would love to! We do not have a Mclaren dealer in the state.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,508 Posts
Just stumbled onto this post. Man it takes your breathe away, devastating. I always thought the interior design/layout of the McLearn was not all that attractive but maybe it's just my personal sense of esthetics. In any event, I will definitely not buy one now.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Just stumbled onto this post. Man it takes your breathe away, devastating. I always thought the interior design/layout of the McLearn was not all that attractive but maybe it's just my personal sense of esthetics. In any event, I will definitely not buy one now.
You do realize(maybe you don’t) that this guy is a YouTuber who makes money from jumping up and down to get YOUR attention but does not have any influence on the car community. My recommendation is to form an opinion on what you know, and see personally. I will let my ass in the seat create my opinion vs. some ass who Only wants your attention. This guy is a joke.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,508 Posts
You do realize(maybe you don’t) that this guy is a YouTuber who makes money from jumping up and down to get YOUR attention but does not have any influence on the car community. My recommendation is to form an opinion on what you know, and see personally. I will let my ass in the seat create my opinion vs. some ass who Only wants your attention. This guy is a joke.
I get your point and I am highly skeptical of the YouTube Shills and drama kings/queens but even if you divide his claims by 2 McLaren doesn't appear to have made any effort to step up to the plate.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I get your point and I am highly skeptical of the YouTube Shills and drama kings/queens but even if you divide his claims by 2 McLaren doesn't appear to have made any effort to step up to the plate.
You simply don’t know what the truth is
How do you know what mclaren has done? Step up to the plate?
Listening to loud mouth you tubers (ONLY) to form an opinion does not sound reasonable.
Wether you buy or don’t buy a mclaren is your decision.
Having purchased many Lamborghinis and mclaren, I can tell you I know first hand both driving experiences. There are more videos on all exotics both positive and negative. You need to determine what gives
More weight and is real

·
Premium Member
14,737 Posts
I agree, most Utubers will do anything to get attention even if it is a bunch of BS. What I find so amazing is how nimrods by into that baloney.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,508 Posts
I agree, most Utubers will do anything to get attention even if it is a bunch of BS. What I find so amazing is how nimrods by into that baloney.
Are you going to cancel your Spyder and buy a McLaren? ;)

·
Premium Member
14,737 Posts
Never! If I had more garage space and wouldn't mind being single, I wouldn't mind owning a 675LT. I have tried to get interested in other brands like Ferrari, and I just can't get the same excitement that my Lambo gives me. I have seen a lot of guys stray away from the Lamborghini brand only to come back wishing they never left.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,508 Posts
Never! If I had more garage space and wouldn't mind being single, I wouldn't mind owning a 675LT. I have tried to get interested in other brands like Ferrari, and I just can't get the same excitement that my Lambo gives me. I have seen a lot of guys stray away from the Lamborghini brand only to come back wishing they never left.
Just joking....you already have a fire extinguisher! 😂 I agree, I may explore a Ferrari down the road but Lamborghini is a winner in my book.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You simply don’t know what the truth is
How do you know what mclaren has done? Step up to the plate?
Listening to loud mouth you tubers (ONLY) to form an opinion does not sound reasonable.
Wether you buy or don’t buy a mclaren is your decision.
Having purchased many Lamborghinis and mclaren, I can tell you I know first hand both driving experiences. There are more videos on all exotics both positive and negative. You need to determine what gives
More weight and is real
I don't know anything about the guy you're talking about, but do have a good friend who bought a 675lt and it was out of service more than it was driveable. Another friend had issues with a 570s, although not as many. I really want McLaren to remain viable and succeed, but between the reliability issues and the depreciation it doesn't look good for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Have you seen the new LT version of the 720S? Stunner!
675LT looks better by far. Wish the 675LT had the 4.0L. I'd pick one up when they drop to 120k next year 😂

61 - 80 of 88 Posts