Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
I may do the Astra Zeneca one when it comes out. The mRNA vaccines out right now are pretty experimental and I don't think we know enough about them. But probably not as bad for us old folks who will not be having more kids

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I was just telling a friend of mine how I don’t know anybody that has had a common cold during this pandemic. Pretty incredible and at least that’s something good that has come from it.
Before I would shake hands and touch 30 patients a day. Who knows what they touched or what they were harboring? Now it’s elbow bump and shaka for me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If I contracted COVID I would still get the vaccine.
If I thought I had covid, I would take PCR test to determine if my body has a healthy amount of antibodies. If I did I would wait until next season to get a covid vaccine. That’s just my decision, strictly based on science and my individual circumstances. FYI, I’m an avid flu shot advocate and literally bully my friends and colleagues to get their flu shot.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,100 Posts
If I thought I had covid, I would take PCR test to determine if my body has a healthy amount of antibodies. If I did I would wait until next season to get a covid vaccine. That’s just my decision, strictly based on science and my individual circumstances. FYI, I’m an avid flu shot advocate and literally bully my friends and colleagues to get their flu shot.
That is not unreasonable approach but for the wife and I and our children I wanted to have an optimal level of protection so for us we vaccinated. Two of our children contracted COVID and recovered and they have since gotten vaccinated as well. Ultimately, we each have to do what we feel is in our best interest and the best interests of our families. Herd immunity is my hope and the best way to achieve that appears to be with maximum participation in the vaccination process. We all know and accept that no vaccine is 100% safe or provides 100% protection but we do the best we can.

·
Registered
305 Posts
And what is your plan B if it doesn't?
now, to clarify why I may or may not take the vaccine based on if I had the antibodies....it relates to the dengue vaccine fiasco.

The WHO updated its recommendations regarding the use of Dengvaxia in September 2018, based on the evidence that seronegative vaccine recipients have an excess risk of severe dengue compared to unvaccinated seronegative individuals.

In 2017, the manufacturer recommended that the vaccine only be used in people who have previously had a dengue infection as otherwise there was evidence it may worsen subsequent infections. The initial protocol did not require baseline blood samples prior to vaccination in order to establish an understanding of increased risk of severe dengue in participants who had not been previously exposed. In November 2017, Sanofi acknowledged that some participants were put at risk of severe dengue if they had no prior exposure to the infection; subsequently the Philippine government suspended the mass immunization program with the backing of the WHO which began a review of the safety data.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for sharing! I saw your vid and immediately took mine out for a drive ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks for sharing! I saw your vid and immediately took mine out for a drive ;)
It’s funny how that happens. If I watch enough YouTube vidEl’s I have to go out and take a quick spin just to make sure I’m not dreaming.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
61 - 73 of 73 Posts