Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi Russk
Covid is not the plague and do you really think that shaking someones hand is the opportunity to catch this flu. For me shaking hands is one of the most natural things to do so well done. I am really getting over this fear that the governments and the media create. Yes it is a horrible virus yet I dont think it is worth to shut the world down over. We are all trapped at the moment in our homes etc. With no opportunity to travel etc etc etc. At least here we can still ski during the winter. But it is all getting a little old. I however do not want to sound callous as many people have lost loved ones to this virus.
I agree, it can seem a little overblown, but for now and the immediate future I prefer to err on the side of caution. I’m getting my 2nd shot next week and although that doesn’t mean to let down my guard I will feel a little more comfortable. My wife and I are old folks and getting COVID would not be good for either us. After all I need to be around to enjoy this new car of mine!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree, it can seem a little overblown, but for now and the immediate future I prefer to err on the side of caution. I’m getting my 2nd shot next week and although that doesn’t mean to let down my guard I will feel a little more comfortable. My wife and I are old folks and getting COVID would not be good for either us. After all I need to be around to enjoy this new car of mine!
Just a little info on death rates by age (it’s not a death sentence for elders)

In worst case scenario, if you’re over 80, you have a 89% chance of surviving. That’s improved considerably since last Spring. Going forward, survival rates will improve with more therapeutics.

good luck to all of us

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yes survival is pretty good, but who wants to go through that if it can be avoided? Not me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Russk
Covid is not the plague and do you really think that shaking someones hand is the opportunity to catch this flu.
Jeez considering we're a year into it now this level of ignorance is astounding!

Yes survival is pretty good, but who wants to go through that if it can be avoided? Not me.
Absolutely right, good on you Russ 👍

My sister just went through it, she is a fit 47 year old.
She was absolutely HAMMERED by it.

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Jeez considering we're a year into it now this level of ignorance is astounding!

‘Yes, I don’t care about survival numbers, who the heck wants to risk going through hell if you can avoid it by getting vaccinated and following safe practices. I want to drive my car and have fun at this time in my life, that’s all.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,097 Posts
My wife and I completed the second Pfizer vaccination on the 11th of January, and we in all likelihood have an adequate antibody titer by now. Having said that we still exercise best practices: masks, socially distancing, and frequent hand-washing until herd immunity is achieved and my hope that will be by the end of 2021. Light at the end of the tunnel so to speak........though, hopefully not an oncoming train.

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
My wife and I completed the second Pfizer vaccination on the 11th of January, and we in all likelihood have an adequate antibody titer by now. Having said that we still exercise best practices: masks, socially distancing, and frequent hand-washing until herd immunity is achieved and my hope that will be by the end of 2021. Light at the end of the tunnel so to speak........though, hopefully not an oncoming train.
Lol, "Not an oncoming train". You always have a way of making laugh Albert. Keep up the good work, as we all know laughter is the best medicine!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I saw this guy from a distance and he was getting pretty excited as I slowly approached hoping the light would change. Anyway before I knew it I shook hands with him. I never shake hands, but caught me off guard before I could react. Anyway watch what I did after pulling away, had to get those hands germ free, lol.

Michelangelo’s the Handshake

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

My 50 y/o cousin was in the hospital over 3 months, on a ventilator in the ICU for 2 months and suffered 2 strokes and 2 heart attacks. Went back to work in IT but still has residual long-term cognitive/neurologic effects.

I got the VAX back in December and still practice good hygiene and social distancing. If anything, I'm not catching colds as much as before COVID. My 3 y/o daughter brings home all kinds of sh-t from preschool:rolleyes:

·
Registered
302 Posts
My 50 y/o cousin was in the hospital over 3 months, on a ventilator in the ICU for 2 months and suffered 2 strokes and 2 heart attacks. Went back to work in IT but still has residual long-term cognitive/neurologic effects.

I got the VAX back in December and still practice good hygiene and social distancing. If anything, I'm not catching colds as much as before COVID. My 3 y/o daughter brings home all kinds of sh-t from preschool:rolleyes:
Make sure it’s her own sh-t!
😀

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Make sure it’s her own sh-t!
😀
HA! Had to keep her home from preschool for several days this week with a runny nose, her preschool is real strict due to the state COVID guidelines. One entire classroom the grade above her was shutdown for 2 days to allow deep cleaning as 6 students in the class were home sick.

Damn toddlers touching everything with their fingers and then touching their face/nose/mouth.:sick:

·
Registered
302 Posts
HA! Had to keep her home from preschool for several days this week with a runny nose, her preschool is real strict due to the state COVID guidelines. One entire classroom the grade above her was shutdown for 2 days to allow deep cleaning as 6 students in the class were home sick.

Damn toddlers touching everything with their fingers and then touching their face/nose/mouth.:sick:
Someone should invent toddler latex gloves that have a bitter taste. Train them early and they won’t reflexively put their hands in their mouths.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,097 Posts
Lol, "Not an oncoming train". You always have a way of making laugh Albert. Keep up the good work, as we all know laughter is the best medicine!
:giggle: ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,097 Posts
That ordeal would be devastating to anyone. Hope things improve but with multiple strokes that's a rough road ahead.

·
Premium Member
15,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

I was just telling a friend of mine how I don’t know anybody that has had a common cold during this pandemic. Pretty incredible and at least that’s something good that has come from it.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
I got pretty sick end of last February and pretty sure it was Covid, few days before I got sick I spent a day at a large Boston Hospital and think I caught it there. I felt worse than I did when I got really sick a few years ago and ended up in that 3 month coma. After a few days my breathing got pretty bad so went to my primary, an xray confirmed it was pneumonia but they werent checking for Covid back then. I have lived my my life pretty normal and not been that cautious the last year and have stayed Covid free even after being exposed a few times to it. So for now going to skip vaccine

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,097 Posts
If I contracted COVID I would still get the vaccine.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts