Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I own a 2012 LP550-2. I just did an exhaust modification to have the valve system to stay open the whole time. I am thinking next of doing straight pipes on my Gallardo. Any of you guys know around how much it will cost me to do straight pipes? The disadvantages and advantages of doing that? Any comments will be appreciated!! THANKS! :wave:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Heres the pipes on my LP 550-2.

Advantages (this is an OEM Lamborghini System) No Codes, Is extremely loud. Annoys the neighbours!
Saves 80kg in weight over the standard system (lying there on the right of the picture..)

Disadvantages: Was very expensive $10k. Annoys the neighbours!

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts

Advantages (this is an OEM Lamborghini System) No Codes, Is extremely loud. Annoys the neighbours!
Saves 80kg in weight over the standard system (lying there on the right of the picture..)

Do you have any sound clips?

·
Registered
157 Posts

Very cool! So is this a upgraded factory exhaust from Lamborghini ? My dealer did mention they were coming out with a new exhaust product for these cars...is it a straight pipe? Or full exhaust? A sound clip would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Not sure of the efficiency as there is no crossover. Is this a OE Lambo product? Part number?

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
we can do a muffler bypass x pipe (same effect as whats posted above) but with the added bonus of the x section... we can make it without resonators if you want it LOUD, and it will save you $7000 + over the factory bypass pipes (10k?!?!? that is INSANE)

·
Registered
465 Posts
we can do a muffler bypass x pipe (same effect as whats posted above) but with the added bonus of the x section... we can make it without resonators if you want it LOUD, and it will save you $7000 + over the factory bypass pipes (10k?!?!? that is INSANE)
+1, great option at a much lower price. Also, I believe the catalytic converters are retained in the above picture since they are now (LP+ cars) integrated into the headers.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
500 in material??? More like 100, unless if its Titanium... :whip:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dave have you guys done any without the resonators? I'm contemplating cutting mine out but I'd like to hear some clips first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my mod shop told me that official lamborghini is releasing an in-house exhaust system and it sounds loud too. it costs $4,500. He doesnt recommend doing straight pipes on this type of car because the car will lose torque and a little HP, and many more problems........

1 - 20 of 31 Posts