Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking at getting an Aventador, most likely a 18 S because I want it to be under warranty but am open to suggestions.

I've had my 17 580-2 for a year now and told myself when I bought it I would only keep for a year.

I'm looking for feedback from owners of the AV and particularly if you had a huracan and traded up. Can it be a daily? (live in south florida so roads are good).

Some things to know about me. The H is my daily driver (put 4k miles on it in the 11 months of ownership) and the AV will be as well. I absolutely love my car outside the fact that I think I'd prefer the AWD and who doesn't want the up doors. Plus CCB's are now a must for me with the amount of brake dust I get on my gloss black rims. I know these cars depreciate but I'm also looking to "buy right" as I will be keeping the car 12-18 months and then moving into something else. Getting something under warranty for most of my ownership would be great as I really overthought the tranny in my G and never really enjoyed enjoyed the car, as it always crossed my mind that i would break something... and I hate more than anything spending money just to get things to the way they were supposed to be. With all that said

Help point me in the right direction. Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just went and drove one over the weekend then drove a performante Huracan right after. The aventador is just special...back to back it was a no brainer for me...the perf is amazing in its own right but it feels like an amazing “car” the AV experience is completely different..the sound, the looks, the doors,did I mention sound! Ha but it’s just cool...I mean I’ve had a lot of cars and i love performance...and the AV is damn impressive..it’s not just all show like many people think...it’s fun as hell to drive and accelerate in...feels way smaller than what it looks like...plan on getting one in the next several weeks..

·
Registered
595 Posts
The AV can be a daily driver, heck there is a guy up here who uses his SV as a daily, mind you he has several other cars & Lamborghini's. You need to consider the parking, driving in traffic, and the wear and tear by putting lots of miles (km's) on this car. Lots of mile will reduce the resale (if you care about that). The AV is very reliable, especially the later MY's. My opinion is that I would not have this car as a DD but have something else, it's too big an investment to burn up the wear and tear not to mention it's highly impracticable for day to day requirements.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Before I did the upgrade from the H to the AV I kept second guessing if I would have any regrets or if it was worth the difference. Since I pulled the trigger I haven’t at all found myself wishing I still had the H. I feel the AV is a much better supercar experience imo. I wouldn’t say it’s practical to drive these cars as a daily if you plan on doing any errands or shopping, but in the summer I definately take it out half the week.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback so far. My main concern was not being happy going to the older technology after coming out the H. I could always use the wife's car to run errands as needed as I daily my H now and its not really going to be that much of a difference in cargo, storage

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was actually happy to see that the AV had a larger trunk than the H. But if you daily drove the H, I don’t see any difference with the AV other than it’s a bit wider/longer for parking spaces

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do any of you guys even bother trying to park in 1 space. I know some people frown on taking up two spots but now way I'm taking a chance getting my AD Personum Paint messed up!

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is always the big debate. I think we’re screwed either way. I’ve tried the nice guy approach with my H and had sombody park beside me in a $5k Honda Civic and swing his door open and ding the side of my car. And when you park on an angle to take up 2 spaces ppl will hate on that as well and try to prove a point by going out of their way to park extra close to you or key your car etc. Personally I try to park at the back of the lot and hope for the best, or by any cameras nearby.

·
Registered
72 Posts
AV will get WAY more attention, its easy to daily drive in general but the looks and fear of getting dings when you park will make you not want to take it everywhere.

I came from a 2017 R8 V10 Plus which drives like a Huracan pretty much and comparing it to my AV Roadster that ive put 300 miles on in the last 2 weeks, the AV feels like such a better experience from the raw feel.

Not as comfy to drive due to single clutch but its definitely more exciting. I LOVE the gearbox to be honest.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
As above, parking is a no-win situation.

Take 2 spaces... and some lunatic will get angry and ding it.

Take 1 space... even miles from the entrance in an empty lot... and some lunatic will park 6 inches away and ding it.

If you're going to daily the car, it makes sense to have an annual ~$2k budget set-aside just for paint or bodywork repairs. Consider it a bonus if a year goes by without a whack.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I understand guys. When i say daily I mean most of the time I'm driving to work or running quick errands. If I need to pick something up that takes up space or a lot of time, I'm usually with the wife and kids anyways so got that covered with the family SUV. I've been dailying my blu cep. huracan for a year now so I understand most of the attention/parking situations even if this will be next level. I put about 4k miles on my car in the last year, and in south florida the roads and good to go. I'm clearly going to like the car! Was just looking for feedback in the ways of hey its lower so be careful at entrances or make sure you get x package because it saves you headaches. Any known issues to think about getting say a 15 or 16 example thats out of warranty. Is the S model worth the extra over say a 16. Looking forward to owning the flagship car, just looking for owner feedback to save myself some hassle of making a rookie mistake in the buying process.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Drove the S, not warrant the $100K more IMO (this applies to roadsters since roadsters are commanding a lot more than coupes).

Lift comes standard, use it a lot.

I WISH my car had travel pack for the cup holders but I bought a seat wedge one to make due.

Buy a MY 2014+ and it will have upgraded parts. 2013 and below, do not get.

·
Registered
2021 Lamborghini SVJ Roadster, 2020 Ranger Rover Velar SV, 2019 Audi RS 5
70 Posts
I went from a 2018 580-2 to a 2019 av s roadster. Both are great, but the avs just feels more special. The H dual clutch is definitely smoother, you really need to test drive the av to see if you would daily drive it. I believe the updated tech in the s is worth the upgrade. The 4 wheel steering makes a big difference and is way more nimble and has a shorter turning radius. The improved transmission software in the s is not as jerky as the av. I also live in south Florida. Roads are good but so many trucks on the road😬.

·
Registered
76 Posts
do any of you guys even bother trying to park in 1 space. I know some people frown on taking up two spots but now way I'm taking a chance getting my AD Personum Paint messed up!
If I can’t park my car diagonally across 2-3 spaces then I don’t park there. No one seems to mind…(?)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts