Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
My LP arrived last week and went directly to get serviced. She checked out perfect and all she needed was a tune up. Cant wait to get her back this week. @zombiegarage, There's legit horror stories with Murcies but i bet you can find similar concerns with Ferrari and Mclarens as well. I like Murcies because they're more mechanical and less electronic. I suggest you try to test drive. But once you do, you'll be hooked.

Attachments

thats a nice pair right there

Hi guys. Great thread here. I was in the same boat 3 years back when i got the itch to buy my first exotic. My first exotic is my 05 Roadster. It was priced low and for a reason. It had so many problems with electrical thanks to all the aftermarket stereo crap the previous owners put in. So much of a hack that it became impossible to diagnose. that's where i came along. Like many of you, i am technically inclined. Been working on cars all my life. I decided to start over by replacing most of the harness that was hacked. I put her back together again and have had zero problems since. Mechanically, all she needs is oil change annually.

I would have to say that owning the Murci has been the best decision i've made (regardless of my friends trying to steer me away). There's a huge road presence so be ready. When Murci enters all other exotics seems to fade away. You asked how Pre-LP compares to R8. I say very little. The Pre-LP is very mechanical feel. Clunky is good word. R8 is great all around. It's definitely not a daily driver. Not very refined. LP is more refined but still not a daily in my opinion.

I am now onto my second Murci. I recently purchased a LP640 Coupe. So I have two bulls - one Open and One Closed. The LP640 has some worries but i justified the risk based on what i learned from owning the roadster. This has paid off - BIG. I got a great deal on the LP640 and the work needed was minor. Nothing close to what the haters were saying it needed.

Good luck on your search. Keep us posted on what you end doing.

My LP arrived last week and went directly to get serviced. She checked out perfect and all she needed was a tune up. Cant wait to get her back this week. @zombiegarage, There's legit horror stories with Murcies but i bet you can find similar concerns with Ferrari and Mclarens as well. I like Murcies because they're more mechanical and less electronic. I suggest you try to test drive. But once you do, you'll be hooked.
Nice!

That looks like Old Guy Garage’s LP-640, minus the plasti-dipped wheels?

Nice!

That looks like Old Guy Garage’s LP-640, minus the plasti-dipped wheels?
No its not..I almost bought old guys car back in march before Covid happened. he ended up selling it to Roy and Roy had it for sale for a while until a few days ago it sold. Roy put silver roadster wheels on it. idk where the original wheels went..Also this one has Q interior. Im actually curious as to where the OP found this car because Im in the market and have been searching pretty much everyday and Ive never seen this one come for sale online or anywhere. Im going to assume it was a private sale thru word of mouth or something.
BTW anyone else know of any 640's for sale that arent advertised yet??

Anthony

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.