Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a black/black Aventador S (white markings on the inside), with red brakes. Been pondering a wrap. Curious roughly what that costs and if there are any concerns with having it done, i.e. can the car be damaged in any way? thought about matte gray, not sure I could pull off green with the red brakes. What have you all done? Maybe post pics of wrapped Aventadors only?

here is my car:

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,576 Posts
I’ve had 2 wraps and both were down by a very good installer. I’ve seen paint jobs ruined by an inexperienced installer. Prices can range anywhere between $3k to $6k on average.

·
Registered
349 Posts
WHY, the car looks great! maybe the Italian colors across the bottom of the black splash guard below the doors.

·
Premium Member
18,576 Posts
WHY, the car looks great! maybe the Italian colors across the bottom of the black splash guard below the doors.
I agree, I would go with some accents rather than a full wrap. The car looks amazing. There is always a risk with wrapping to change color.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
@Night Life Looks awesome! Wrap is thinner than PPF. How has the orange edge on the front held up to rocks? Assuming the edge is wrap material. Thx!!

·
Premium Member
18,576 Posts
I like those accents, I might prefer a slight tone down though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today I thought about The accent idea. I’m going to try to photoshop a pic of my car with the front “shark teeth” wrapped red. That may be interesting, or maybe look stupid. Some of the great lines of this car just don’t really get seen in all black. I certainly want to wrap the edges of the rear diffuser like so many do.

·
Premium Member
18,576 Posts
I think the red accents will look fantastic and tie in with the brake calipers quite nicely.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador SV Roadster
491 Posts
@Night Life Looks awesome! Wrap is thinner than PPF. How has the orange edge on the front held up to rocks? Assuming the edge is wrap material. Thx!!
It holds up quite well, will stop all wear and tare of city driving, but nothing including thick 3m clear wrap will stop a rock chipping your car at 150mph but it is certainly better than nothing at all.

·
Registered
349 Posts
in my view I have seen a number of cars wit hthe three Italian colors, all on rockers, or on the lower portion. They all looked great. I would never make my car something into what it is not. Having owned many muscle cars over the years, I can tell you it is money down the drain for many upgrades as oppose to keeping these cars stock. So the lower stripe, no big deal, buy trying to make an S into an SV, or SVR, I find it cheap and wasted money. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
It holds up quite well, will stop all wear and tare of city driving, but nothing including thick 3m clear wrap will stop a rock chipping your car at 150mph but it is certainly better than nothing at all.

Thankfully I don’t tail anyone at 150 so all good!! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
18,576 Posts
in my view I have seen a number of cars wit hthe three Italian colors, all on rockers, or on the lower portion. They all looked great. I would never make my car something into what it is not. Having owned many muscle cars over the years, I can tell you it is money down the drain for many upgrades as oppose to keeping these cars stock. So the lower stripe, no big deal, buy trying to make an S into an SV, or SVR, I find it cheap and wasted money. Just my 2 cents.
Exactly, it's not like putting scissor doors on a Huracan.

Reactions: boatpi

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,256 Posts
Wraps can look great. So can accents. It's all what you want to do. Here's a full wrap I did.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,440 Posts
Aside from PPF, I have never had a car color wrapped but one bit of advice choose your installer with care. An installer is often the weak link in the chain.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts