Lamborghini Talk banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts
Reval of rear engine cover

All,

I am not sure why I lost this thread and sorry you have not hear from me. I actually removed the rear engine cover which includes the adjustable spoiler. It was quite easy two bolts at the front which can bee seen from looking into the engine bay and four small bolts at the rear. I am kicking myself as I did not take any photographs, but maybe taking it off again as I have a small water leak at the rear, I am sure it is only a loos e hose as I decided to change all to silicon. I have a special exhaust made which is de-catted so the exhaust cover does not fit so I decided to make an engine cover from aluminium covered in carbon fibre. As I said I decided to wrap the exhaust in the titanium wrap and the hot difference is superb

Here is a quick update.
Brake light switch - VAG P/n 3B0945511D, 1K2945511RDW, 6Q0945511.
Meanwhile i found an alternative part ERA 330545 which costs about $5.

For your consideration:
I found an alternative to OEM Air Filter UFI 3088800. It is a filter SB 271 made by SCT Germany. I bought them for about 4 euro each.
The size and material of the both filters are the same. Comparison is showed in the pic. 2 and 3.
I installed them quickly.
Enjoy it. :D

Attachments

I could do with your help, during the recent heat I had the LCD from the rear view mirror leak out, and it looks terrible now so i guess I will need to replace, had anyone managed to identify the Audi/VW equivilant?

I could do with your help, during the recent heat I had the LCD from the rear view mirror leak out, and it looks terrible now so i guess I will need to replace, had anyone managed to identify the Audi/VW equivilant?
The OEM mirrors are reasonably priced (around $200) from the internet Lambo vendors, so not sure it will buy you much savings to find a cross reference in this case. Some Lambo parts are surprisingly reasonably priced, but they are the exceptions, and I think the mirror and wiper blades are good examples.

I went with the even less expensive, and never-leaks manual dimming mirror for around $30 that the same vendors sell.

The OEM mirrors are reasonably priced (around $200) from the internet Lambo vendors, so not sure it will buy you much savings to find a cross reference in this case. Some Lambo parts are surprisingly reasonably priced, but they are the exceptions, and I think the mirror and wiper blades are good examples.

I went with the even less expensive, and never-leaks manual dimming mirror for around $30 that the same vendors sell.
Thanks Stimpy, no its a crazy price for the auto dimming at $1,745 for the 2005 pre LP model, and I found out that it was also fitted to a 2002 Audi A3 and A4 Audi part number 8L085751101C which is now discontinued by Audi. There is company repairing them in the US but I couldn't find anyone in the UK or Europe as yet.

Thanks Stimpy, no its a crazy price for the auto dimming at $1,745 for the 2005 pre LP model, and I found out that it was also fitted to a 2002 Audi A3 and A4 Audi part number 8L085751101C which is now discontinued by Audi. There is company repairing them in the US but I couldn't find anyone in the UK or Europe as yet.
Who are you asking to get these prices and availability? It's here online for $290 with 2 in stock, and I am sure if you call Glen at AHM, it will be even less:

I have always bought my parts from Eurospares, and I just found an anomaly, where the mirror for the 2005 Coupe update is $1,745 incl 20% sales tax, and for the same part to go on the LP640 is $269 so have ordered this and hope it fits the bracket.
I did actually find the AHM part also but we have to pay import duty and shipping.

Attachments

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.