Lamborghini Talk banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Great thread for sure, I do not own a G yet but am doing a lot of searching, I am a DIY kinda guy so this helps to put my mind at ease the you don't have to always pay the Lambo/Audi tax.

I am sure ill have one soon, gotta start somewhere. I want to own a Lamborghini before I leave this planet!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Guys,
I've found a little bit of info on Tie rod ends but haven't found any solid supplier as yet.
Has anyone found an aftermarket supplier?
Thanks in advance
Brad.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I tried to remove a fast coupler from the vapor canister and it was a mess (Picture 1). It was really difficult to do it with my hands. :p
To pull it off carefully i had to use a specific tool which is fuel pump connector pliers (Picture 2). Be sure those pliers are a great assistant concerning detaching connectors and pipes.
Be safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Part numbers from Audi for oil-plugs sealing rings / gasket (made of copper/cu):

2x oil tank gasket: N 013 84 81 (16 x 22 x 1,5 mm)

Is this correct? Looks a little different than N0138493 which is the oil drain plug washer from the R8. Used an online Audi parts catalog to find it.

I think I'll just buy both to be sure.

What I am confused about though is if there are 7 drain points, why not 7 washers?

I watched a couple of the youtube videos and looks like they just put the plugs back in. Is it a good idea then to replace the plugs?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I now own a G!! I just ordered all the "required" tools. I look forward to learning the ins and outs of working on her myself with the help of those of you that have the expierience!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I tried to remove a fast coupler from the vapor canister and it was a mess (Picture 1). It was really difficult to do it with my hands. :p
To pull it off carefully i had to use a specific tool which is fuel pump connector pliers (Picture 2). Be sure those pliers are a great assistant concerning detaching connectors and pipes.
Be safe.
Whats the brand name for those pliers? couldn't make out from the pic.

TIA

·
Registered
23 Posts
LP Gallardo with a 5.2 takes 8.3 liters (8.7 quarts) of engine oil as per the manual not 9 liters

·
Vendor
2,345 Posts
MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM:

SD Cards (Music):
-Gallardo (LP): SanDisk Extreme 32GB
-Gallardo (Pre-LP): SanDisk Ultra 4GB
-Huracan: SanDisk Extreme 32GB
-Aventador: SanDisk Extreme 32GB

Bluetooth Adapter:
-Gallardo (LP): Tune2Air WMA1000
-Huracan: Tune2Air WMA1000
-Aventador: Tune2Air WMA1000

NOTE: Some of the Pre-LP Gallardos are not able to read a 32GB SD card.
Instead, use a 4GB SD card to play it safe.
You can use the Tune2air on pre lp too? Not sure why it's not listed? As long as you have the ipod option on the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doing a clutch on my car at the moment, its a 2004 6 speed manual in Australia. Found that I need to do a few other small jobs on the way. Oil filter, fuel filters, Cabin filter etc but cannot seem to source any viable options other than the dealer OEM. Reading back on a thread it may be possible to use an Audi 4.2l V8 oil filter but I can't confirm this. Fuel filters I haven't seen any cross reference. Bigger issue for me is that found my receiver dryer for the AC system needs to be replaced. I'm thinking that it's probably Audi of some sort but again, I can't find a cross reference.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts