Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts
Yeah, When he told me I almost fell out of my chair laughing. It would have been even funnier if all the cash had burned up.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
These things happen; hopefully it was time to upgrade.
A gardener found it and although it was bent and shattered it still worked! I actually called it and the gardener answered. He said he heard me accelerate and saw the phone fly off. Yes it was time to upgrade.

HA Russ Ive left the tender connected twice backing out of the garage fortunately no damage but a scary noise. Once I left my IphoneX on my wife's Merc's trunk when I was washing the cars and she left to run an errand. Fortunately I found the phone on the street right in front of my house and it was undamaged although I did have Applecare at the time. Glad the case protected it and it landed facing up so not even a scratch on the screen protector.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
It seems we all share a lot of the same common mistakes. Somehow that is comforting.

Lee, always wise to be careful with gas (or anything that uses gas) and alcohol. A guy at our high school chopped two toes off getting buzzed before his Dad told him to mow the lawn. Ouch!

Surfah, good man! Drive that baby! I have to drive my G more...

HAHAHA. I thought I was the only one to leave the battery tender hooked up. I've done it too many times to count LOL..The worst was one time I just heard a crunch. Got out to discover I had not only forgot to unhook it but I had it sitting on the floor behind the front tire. Just pieces of it everywhere. I also got in to one of my cars that was on the 4 post lift. Backed it off and forgot that I had not put the ramps on. Dropped off the edge and scared the crap out of me... Luckily it wasn't one of my fancy cars and it was high enough that it didn't do any damage. The worst garage oops I've had was when my buddy came over with his Cayenne to change the brakes. We were all done and it was time to lower it. As it was coming down my bud decided to open the passenger door to get something off the seat. As the lift came to the floor I heard a blood curdling scream and my friend yelling to lift it back up. He had put his foot under the ramp as it came down and it squished his foot. I got the lift back up as soon as I could but it takes a few seconds for the cables to take up the slack so it did some damage. He was in one of the ankle boots for about 6 weeks. We weren't even drinking on that one LOL. Come to think of it there really is no good reason that I am still alive. The sh1t we used to do when I was young was just plain stupid.. LOL.. Its good to be able to laugh about it now.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
HAHAHA. I thought I was the only one to leave the battery tender hooked up. I've done it too many times to count LOL..The worst was one time I just heard a crunch. Got out to discover I had not only forgot to unhook it but I had it sitting on the floor behind the front tire. Just pieces of it everywhere. I also got in to one of my cars that was on the 4 post lift. Backed it off and forgot that I had not put the ramps on. Dropped off the edge and scared the crap out of me... Luckily it wasn't one of my fancy cars and it was high enough that it didn't do any damage. The worst garage oops I've had was when my buddy came over with his Cayenne to change the brakes. We were all done and it was time to lower it. As it was coming down my bud decided to open the passenger door to get something off the seat. As the lift came to the floor I heard a blood curdling scream and my friend yelling to lift it back up. He had put his foot under the ramp as it came down and it squished his foot. I got the lift back up as soon as I could but it takes a few seconds for the cables to take up the slack so it did some damage. He was in one of the ankle boots for about 6 weeks. We weren't even drinking on that one LOL. Come to think of it there really is no good reason that I am still alive. The sh1t we used to do when I was young was just plain stupid.. LOL.. Its good to be able to laugh about it now.
Ozzir you've got me beat with that one. I love the part "we weren't even drinking"! That is usually my line, lol. I often wonder how we survived our youth.

Those are pretty funny. Sorry about your buds foot. One time about 25 years ago I drove 45 miles with my briefcase full of checks and cash sitting on the tongue of my trailer. I have no idea why it never fell off. If I had lost the money, it would have probably put me out of business. Must have had an angel looking out for me that day. Lee

Discussion starter · #54 ·
Lee, Those kind of experiences help us believe in a higher power.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.