Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think some of you can relate. Even though I have a 4 post lift, it's always a pain to shuffle cars and have the right car on the lift at the right time when you want to do some work. I wanted to be able to get all fours off the round so I could work under the car, and find an alternative to floor jacks and stands which are a pain in their own right.

Searching online I found the Quick Jack, and I must say, aside from another heavy clunky piece of equipment it's about as light and portable as it can be while getting a car in the air fast with as little hassle as possible. I bought the 5000 lb model. $1,340.00. Just got through changing oil pan gasket.

I would really recommend this product for those not having room for a regular lift, or even if you do. Very handy.

http://www.quickjack.com/shop-quickjack-products-all/shop-quickjack-vehicle-jack-systems/bl-5000slx-ac-110-volt.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,617 Posts
Wow, that is nice! Very simple.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I think some of you can relate. Even though I have a 4 post lift, it's always a pain to shuffle cars and have the right car on the lift at the right time when you want to do some work. I wanted to be able to get all fours off the round so I could work under the car, and find an alternative to floor jacks and stands which are a pain in their own right.

Searching online I found the Quick Jack, and I must say, aside from another heavy clunky piece of equipment it's about as light and portable as it can be while getting a car in the air fast with as little hassle as possible. I bought the 5000 lb model. $1,340.00. Just got through changing oil pan gasket.

I would really recommend this product for those not having room for a regular lift, or even if you do. Very handy.

BL-5000SLX-AC EZ Portable Car Lift - Lightweight Race Jacks - QuickJack USA
Good post.

Has anyone tried to use this on a Gallardo?
clearance issues? etc.
Any advice appreciated.
cheers,
john

·
Administrator
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since it works on the Diablo, I guarantee it will work on the Gallardo. Pretty sure the Gallardo is not lower. This lift squeezes down to 3". It does have to have lift points on the outer edge of the frame.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Since it works on the Diablo, I guarantee it will work on the Gallardo. Pretty sure the Gallardo is not lower. This lift squeezes down to 3". It does have to have lift points on the outer edge of the frame.
Hi Rayman,:wave:

thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.:)

I would love to see a photo of the quickjack being used on a gallardo, as i am not sure if the gallardo does have lift points at the outer edge of the frame.:confused:

cheers,
john

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in a condo and have a small garage. I can’t put a lift in my garage. However, there are many times I want to rotate my tires or clean under the car. This Quick Jack sounds like a worthwhile investment.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I live in a condo and have a small garage. I can’t put a lift in my garage. However, there are many times I want to rotate my tires or clean under the car. This Quick Jack sounds like a worthwhile investment.
Pretty much the same here. I've so often thought of rotating tires myself or getting underneath the cars for some simply maintenace, but just can't do it. Our garage simply wasn't designed with a lift in mind. It is essentially two 2-car bays and a lift in either side would make that 2-car bay into a 1-car bay. A proper lift would simply take up too much space...and the ceilings are only 7.5 feet so you can't jack up a car very high anyways. This Quick Jack looks to be the perfect solution! It will allow me to do basic maintenance, won't take up much space, and can be stored when not in use. Thanks for the heads up, Rayman! :)

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Hi fellow forum members,:wave:

can someone who has bought a quickjack, please post a picture of a gallardo lifted on a quickjack:)

cheers,
john

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello everyone
the quickjack works on Diablo & Gallardo...what about a Countach? I have done some measuring on my 1984 and I am not sure if there is adequate lifting points on the chassis to fit a quickjack?? any thoughts??
thanks Jeff

1 - 20 of 48 Posts