Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
first of all, im new to the forum. ive been visiting for months, and recently registered. Now, I know this has probably came up before on this site, but the question that gallardo owners are always stumped on is: "what makes the gallardo worth $50k more than the audi r8, which is just as fast, just as sexy(imo), a daily driver, and costs thousands of $$$ less to maintain/insure etc. obviously if money isnt the main factor, then i know why you would get the lambo, but i honestly cant see why someone would pay $50k more when there is a car that is just as good, if not better than it.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Take one look at a Gallardo vs R8 and I'd say you have the answer.

R8 is not an exotic (IMO).
R8 production (I assume) will be much higher than the very limited lambo.

R8 is a great car. I know two lambo owners who also own R8s and I'm sure there are many others. That should tell you something. They own BOTH. Not R8 in place of lambo.

Many would say R8 is not nearly as sexy as a G (and I'm one of them) - but
it's a very personal preference.

If YOU think an R8 is every bit as sexy and exotic as a G - then why WOULD you pay more? You wouldn't.

I think the G is in another galaxy compared to an R8. For me - there is no comparison in how they look.

To each their own.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,825 Posts
Carol said it perfectly! I have driven both and as much as I love the R8 spyder is just cannot match up to the Gallardo. I put R8 in the Corvette class but much nicer.

·
Registered
838 Posts
In another form... why would someone buy a Porsche Cayenne ($60-$100k), a BMW X5 ($50k to $80k), when a Honda Pilot or Dodge Durango goes for $30k to $40k. Similar overall in performance, seating, cargo capacity, fuel efficiency, etc..... so it really just comes down to what your perception of the 'value' of the vehicle is.

I drive a loaded Pilot because to double the price for loaded X5 makes no sense to me. But I have a Gallardo because it's value, to me, far outweighs the increased price over other possible cars like it.

Probably just stating the obvious.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Um... because I wanted a G.

I don't buy cars as compared to other cars. I buy them for themselves.

Don't think "is my apple better than that orange". Just think, "do I like this apple." Yes.

I love the looks, love the speed. I don't need a daily, that's what my piece of **** BMW is for. Insurance wasn't too bad for me. I pay 3k a year I think. Something like that.

·
Registered
375 Posts
There is a pretty white R8 spyder that lives near me, and I see it from time to time. I've seen it, but I've never once HEARD it. It might be a v8, I'm not sure, as I haven't been close enough to tell. But still, one thing that is so very special of Lambos and Ferraris are the unique sound they produce.

I've spoken to many many people concerning cars around the area. And all the time someone says, "I saw you the other day on such-and-such road." And I hear them say things like, "I saw another Gallardo in Greensboro a couple of days ago". Or something like that. But I've never heard them say, "I saw an R8 the other day." I've even mentioned seeing the R8 myself, but nobody really seemed to care.

The R8 is a very cool car. I've driven one once on an autocross track. I actually liked it alot. But as much as people wish it was, it's just no lambo. :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
first of all, im new to the forum. ive been visiting for months, and recently registered. Now, I know this has probably came up before on this site, but the question that gallardo owners are always stumped on is: "what makes the gallardo worth $50k more than the audi r8, which is just as fast, just as sexy(imo), a daily driver, and costs thousands of $$$ less to maintain/insure etc. obviously if money isnt the main factor, then i know why you would get the lambo, but i honestly cant see why someone would pay $50k more when there is a car that is just as good, if not better than it.
The r8 is nowhere near as fast as as the Gallardo too....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im in the process of buying a used G & the R8 was on my list, Keyword "WAS" if the R8 is in the class with the Vette which i own thn im ready to graduate to the Big G :0)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it's worth $50k to have Automobili Lamborghini on your engine block.

And because at the end of the day the 8 is just an Audi. nobody cares.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
...because Ferruccio Lamborghini once said:

"It means very little to produce the best racing cars in the world, people only remember the drivers, but if you can produce the best road cars in the world, no one will ever forget them!"

...and that's why.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
What a ridiculous question! If you're been monitoring this forum for a couple of months, and still ask the questions you do, you are not Lamborghini material. If the "value" is so important to you, please...please buy the R8.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
here's why:

1. If the R8 is a V8..it is really slow and 'quiet'

2. No matter who they try to out-race/out-show the Gallardo, they will always stay in the rear view camera:

p.s. d-bag V8 R8 owner was trying to race me.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
A buddy of mine just bought a new R8 spyder. All i can think of every time I see it is why would you spend 160G plus on an R8 when you could have an almost new Gallardo for the same price. There is nothing exotic about an R8. I really put them in to the same category as a Vette or Viper. The G is simply in a different category. Ive had a vette and 2 vipers and lots of friends with lambos. If you want to see a vette, viper, r8, gtr etc go invisible....... Just park it beside a Lambo. And that is exactly what makes it worth more.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Haha. I can see the Motifake poster now:

*Picture of big crowd around a lambo*
"LAMBOS - MAKES OTHER CARS INVISIBLE!"

Funny enough I went into an Aston Martin dealer in Milan 2 days ago, Gallardo parked out front. There were 5 brand new shiny clean Astons sitting there and there were about 8 people around my car and none around the Astons.

This surprised even me, because the Astons are beautiful cars. Somehow there's something about the Lambos that grabs people more than even other ultra high-end cars.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 107 Posts