Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Just reviving this thread from the depths of the forum! Believe it or not, the car is still in the shop! I have no idea how long it's been, but I do know it's been well over a year! We are hopefully on the home stretch (I've said it before and I won't dare put a timeline again). I cannot even believe how large of a project this has been. Everything is currently being installed back on the car (again) and all parts are in-house, so I can say we are really close this time. Guys, prepare to be blown away... I think... It's kind of sad because the car is going to look pretty much the same when it comes to the aesthetics (other than the new wheels), but all of the internals are basically brand, spanking new!
Hang in there! You're doing a good thing saving a manual. That poor car was on its way to complete oblivion judging by the down-and-out used car dealer lot she in ended up at, but just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, you have been the knight in shining armor to rescued the car. Hopefully it will rescue you back someday ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just reviving this thread from the depths of the forum! Believe it or not, the car is still in the shop! I have no idea how long it's been, but I do know it's been well over a year! We are hopefully on the home stretch (I've said it before and I won't dare put a timeline again). I cannot even believe how large of a project this has been. Everything is currently being installed back on the car (again) and all parts are in-house, so I can say we are really close this time. Guys, prepare to be blown away... I think... It's kind of sad because the car is going to look pretty much the same when it comes to the aesthetics (other than the new wheels), but all of the internals are basically brand, spanking new!
I'm excited for you to get your car back! Can't wait to see the final product and read your impressions of how it drives.

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hang in there! You're doing a good thing saving a manual. That poor car was on its way to complete oblivion judging by the down-and-out used car dealer lot she in ended up at, but just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, you have been the knight in shining armor to rescued the car. Hopefully it will rescue you back someday ;)
I keep telling myself that! I absolutely love the car, but this is certainly frustrating. I'm just eager to get behind the wheel once again. Lol!

I'm excited for you to get your car back! Can't wait to see the final product and read your impressions of how it drives.
Thanks... As am I! I'm sure I won't shut up about it once I finally get to go for a drive.

We need pics man
And pics you will have... Soon!

Which model HRE's? Excited for you, you have a gorgeous Murci!
It's been so long, I can't remember if I went with the P107 or S107? I guess it's going to be a surprise for me as well now... :ROFLMAO: Thank you for the kind words!

Reactions: Stimpy

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
220 Posts
Great progress. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Can’t wait to see the final results.
Ps. My roadster came from Florida. The wiring looked similar to yours. Wondering if mine was hacked by the same shop. I had to replace the entire interior wire harness.
Can’t wait to see the results

·
Registered
2005 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster & 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe
220 Posts
Intimidating project, great to follow along and learn. Which model are the ADV1 wheels? Curious about the fitment aspect and what you'll improve with a 21" rear. I'm hunting for an LP640 coupe and may buy wheels before the car if the right set comes along. Side note, if anyone has experience with any wheel/offset difference, etc. between the Non-LP and LP cars I'd love to hear more. Much appreciated.

Sorry to hit you up on this Mctowery - are you hunting for another lp640?? What’s gonna happen to your current Lp coupe?

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Great progress. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Can’t wait to see the final results.
Ps. My roadster came from Florida. The wiring looked similar to yours. Wondering if mine was hacked by the same shop. I had to replace the entire interior wire harness.
Can’t wait to see the results
Oh man! The wiring was such a disaster! I don't even want to think about it. I hope you were able to clean yours up.

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I keep seeing the progression and I'm definitely getting excited! The door trims were just installed and the door panels are now fitted with my new Focal speakers and tweeters! The custom carbon fiber trim looks amazing. So much better than the hydro-dipped crap that was on the car when I bought it.

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
104 Posts
Sorry to hit you up on this Mctowery - are you hunting for another lp640?? What’s gonna happen to your current Lp coupe?
Sorry for the delayed response, didn't get notified of this comment. I'm keeping mine for the long haul. It's a winner for sure :) Thanks!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts