Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
104 Posts
I missed that yours is 2WD, you are right you could likely not get the correct overall diameters close enough between 20" and 22" to work with AWD.

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, it appears that I have made a decision on the 20/21" HRE wheels I will be installing to replace the current 20/22" ADV1 setup.

The HRE S107SC wheels will be finished in a textured black or satin black center and a gloss black lip. The center will be finalized once I know which black matches the flat black pieces on my Murcielago. Take a look at the design by visiting the link below.

https://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/s1sc/s107sc

As always, if there is any interest in my 20/22" ADV1 setup, feel free to send me a PM or respond below. Your Murcielago would definitely need to be RWD to accommodate these wheels.

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just a quick update on the progress of the Murcielago restoration. The vehicle is currently going back together after the complete engine-out service. This has honestly turned into a very intense project. We ended up removing the interior of the car as well to check for corrosion, leaks and to address specific upgrades that I want to make. I ended up sending out all of the interior panels to be scanned so I can install brand new carbon fiber parts. I will be adding a new subwoofer in a custom box hidden behind the passenger seat and replacing the current radio with an upgraded, more advanced system. There is a custom TPMS system in the car as well, which I will be activating / upgrading to ensure it is up to date and functioning properly. Now that the HRE wheels are coming along with the brand new Michelin 355/25/21 tires that were just released (so excited about that), I want to make sure the pressures are always monitored closely. I believe we are almost on the home stretch and should have the car back together and complete within the next 30 days (fingers crossed). Can't wait to hear what it sounds like once it comes out of hibernation with the complete titanium exhaust!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Super cool, looking forward to seeing it at Supercar Saturday or some where else in S Florida.
What head unit are you using?

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Pics of progress please!
Ask and you shall receive! Look at how bad some of this wiring and installation work was prior to me purchasing the car. I can't even begin to describe how much was broken or just completely hacked. This has basically become a full rebuild. You can see the engine all cleaned up and going back in as well. I'll try and get more pictures, but I'm currently traveling.

Super cool, looking forward to seeing it at Supercar Saturday or some where else in S Florida.
What head unit are you using?
Thanks! I will definitely start bringing it out to some local events once it's complete. I'm not 100% sure on what was decided for the head unit, as I'm leaving that up to the shop. I'll find out for you though.

Attachments

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
looks awesome pal! can't wait to see when it's complete!
Thank you! Me too!

WOW such a crazy amount of work! I know the feeling and remember how expensive this is, great work!
For real! Thanks very much.

Regarding the carbon fiber panels and trim pieces, my buddy owns a shop in Los Angeles and is crafting everything as we speak. I can't wait to show you guys what this looks like upon completion. I'm so excited and it's getting close. We are going to crank it next week, after the titanium exhaust is fitted.

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Another quick update... We fired it up today for the first time since the project has started. Sounded real strong! Everything is slowly getting put back together. Only has taken a little over 6 months, lol!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Another quick update... We fired it up today for the first time since the project has started. Sounded real strong! Everything is slowly getting put back together. Only has taken a little over 6 months, lol!
Hello Chase,

You are doing a great job on the car.

As you may remember I am also restoring my Murcilago over in the UK. I have one query I am struggling with. Did you have to replace your door window seals? They are made up form three parts 418827863, 418837977,818837530, i wanted to freshen mine but the prices are crazy. Do you know if anyone has been smart enough to find good replacements?

Regards,

John

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hello Chase,

You are doing a great job on the car.

As you may remember I am also restoring my Murcilago over in the UK. I have one query I am struggling with. Did you have to replace your door window seals? They are made up form three parts 418827863, 418837977,818837530, i wanted to freshen mine but the prices are crazy. Do you know if anyone has been smart enough to find good replacements?

Regards,

John
Hi John! Thanks very much! I believe we are replacing these seals. If I'm correct, we sourced them from one of our local Lamborghini dealerships. I do believe they were outrageously priced. I can confirm this week for you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi John! Thanks very much! I believe we are replacing these seals. If I'm correct, we sourced them from one of our local Lamborghini dealerships. I do believe they were outrageously priced. I can confirm this week for you.
Thanks chase, Eurospares UK is offering 18% discount at the moment but it still over £1k per door. Outrageous. I did get a quote to tool them up myself but it was aabout £5k and no interest from others to share the cost or buy cheaper. Anyway probably a lot of work and complex to make it happen.

John

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks chase, Eurospares UK is offering 18% discount at the moment but it still over £1k per door. Outrageous. I did get a quote to tool them up myself but it was aabout £5k and no interest from others to share the cost or buy cheaper. Anyway probably a lot of work and complex to make it happen.

John
John, I checked with my shop and we did source the OEM replacement seals directly from one of the local dealerships. They were as astronomically expensive as you have mentioned, but unfortunately the only option at the moment. The good news is the seals don't need replacing very often, if it all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
John, I checked with my shop and we did source the OEM replacement seals directly from one of the local dealerships. They were as astronomically expensive as you have mentioned, but unfortunately the only option at the moment. The good news is the seals don't need replacing very often, if it all.
Thanks Chase, I will continue to try to find an alternative and let you know if I have successful

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Quick update as we rapidly approach the 1-year mark of this restoration. As I have mentioned earlier, what started as an upgrade / repair to a few items has turned into a complete restoration of the car. The engine is now back in the car and everything is working properly. We fired it up and there were no leaks. All bumpers and grills were reinstalled, now that the flat black has been refinished. The car was then moved from one side of the shop to the other for the full titanium exhaust to be custom built and installed. We are awaiting the arrival of the complete custom carbon interior trim (including door panels) from my buddy's shop along with the new HRE wheels. You can only imagine what this pandemic has done when it comes to timeline delays. Upon arrival of the interior trim, the interior of the car will be put back together and the new wheels will be installed. From there, a few finishing adjustments will be completed and the car will get some test miles put on to ensure nothing is out of the ordinary. I'm beyond excited to have the car back. Hoping and praying it is complete by end of next month.

Oh, I don't want to forget the most exciting part. We had to carefully remove the windshield from the car without breaking it. That was no easy feat, considering it was improperly installed before I purchased the car. Anyone care to guess the price of a new Murcielago windshield? Well, I'll tell you... over $13,000 and that's not the only problem. Getting it delivered to you is the other problem. So I'm ecstatic that my guys were able to carefully remove it without damaging or breaking it. Now, you may ask, why did you have to remove and replace it? That's because we found multiple leaks coming from behind the windshield. So, that was a fun experience. Luckily, we were able to get everything cleaned up and re-installed correctly. Moral of the story, be careful with your windshields and don't break it!

Reactions: REKIII

·
@ChaseZimmerman
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just reviving this thread from the depths of the forum! Believe it or not, the car is still in the shop! I have no idea how long it's been, but I do know it's been well over a year! We are hopefully on the home stretch (I've said it before and I won't dare put a timeline again). I cannot even believe how large of a project this has been. Everything is currently being installed back on the car (again) and all parts are in-house, so I can say we are really close this time. Guys, prepare to be blown away... I think... It's kind of sad because the car is going to look pretty much the same when it comes to the aesthetics (other than the new wheels), but all of the internals are basically brand, spanking new!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts