Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recessions are always a when not an if, so what's your thought on when the next one is coming?
My guess is around 2018 we should be slightly turning down, at least on the east coast and the west coast to follow, but this is just a guess from lectures I have been to, it seems most other economists are saying around 2018, but I want to hear from other real people their gut feeling.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,250 Posts
I actually thought it would be this year, but now I'm setting up for 2017.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
housing shortage, strict and conservative lending, elections
Late 2017 early 2018 we will see a downturn but not catastrophic as 2008

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
I don't see anything overheated to cause one. Heck people are still using the word "recovery" to describe our current status, thinking that there's some expectation to return to 6% growth every year. I don't see that legitimately happening at all. I'd say this is the new normal. Slow, sluggish growth with no engine to go faster. America's new place in the global economy.

·
Registered
282 Posts
...we would have dramatic growth if we could get the government out of the the Auto, Power, Medical and Aeronautic...I'm just sayin'

·
Registered
138 Posts
...we would have dramatic growth if we could get the government out of the the Auto, Power, Medical and Aeronautic...I'm just sayin'

Along with just about every other industry out there. Over regulation is what is killing us and it's only getting worse and worse.

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
To put another way, America, and I'll include the American worker is not globally competitive....Speaking as an employer, and I'm just sayin....:p

I don't see the government as that much of a hindrance, we do need lower taxes, but as far as regulations, we're gonna have more than a third world developing country, and we should, or would you like skies, and water like China?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I think we are moving into a more protectionist state with all the bad guys sacking Europe right now with plans to continue their opportunities here. China is continuing to invest heavily in businesses and real estate here because they know we are moving in that direction of locking the door. Whether we get Trump or Hillary, we are going to continue on that path. We have less and less influence on the global economy that requires us to be present outside of our borders. China's economy has been getting kicked in the nads for a year and our economy has continued slowly stabilizing. I think we are going to see more growth for awhile and don't see the next recession for quite a few years yet.

·
Premium Member
12,250 Posts
To put another way, America, and I'll include the American worker is not globally competitive....Speaking as an employer, and I'm just sayin....:p

I don't see the government as that much of a hindrance, we do need lower taxes, but as far as regulations, we're gonna have more than a third world developing country, and we should, or would you like skies, and water like China?
I know of someone who wants to change all that and make America great again. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I try to buy houses on the cheap.
And too many so called investors are driving the prices up.
I hate this ....as of recession .
I would say maybe we need some knd of correction .

·
Registered
93 Posts
What recession ? Check the following numbers : U6,VIX,consumer confidence, the S&P & NASDAQ @ all time highs ( DOW is irrelevant ). When Congress passes Tax Cuts & Repatriation ( hopefully eoy ) the Market will continue to rise. Yes there will be a correction. When ??? Yes 5-17 was a brutal day. We have recovered all "Losses" ( 4 sessions ) and then some. Brexit was only a 2 day "Disaster" :eek:

My Seeking Alpha : https://seekingalpha.com/user/37499146/comments
I disclosed all my holdings 2 years ago and they have not changed. I am heavy Tech & Financials and will continue to do so. Just DRIP your way to EZ $$$.
I am well aware that FB & GOOGL do not pay a divy. Eventually they will ( when their Growth starts to taper ). Good Luck to all

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just grave digging, but we're still going strong lol.
I'm sure it'll hit by 2020, but I think crypto will take an epic bull run when the wall street guys turn to alternative income opportunities - especially with the impending institutional involvement and possibility of a Bitcoin ETF approval by the SEC.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jesus himself couldn't tell you, the market does what it wants, when it wants. Right now, we're in a much needed correction and as long as you're not a retiree, it's a great time to start buying

·
Premium Member
12,250 Posts
Jesus himself couldn't tell you, the market does what it wants, when it wants. Right now, we're in a much needed correction and as long as you're not a retiree, it's a great time to start buying
I agree, but it does take some guts to buy when everyone’s selling. I’m giving it another week or so before I start bottom fishing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree, but it does take some guts to buy when everyone’s selling. I’m giving it another week or so before I start bottom fishing.
That's only if you're trying to time the market, the only way to win is to play the long game. The market is always going to go up over the long term.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nooo

:cool:

1.) Don't try and catch speeding bullets.
2.) Don't try and catch falling knives.
3.) Bears eat, bulls eat, pigs get slaughtered.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Most of the world is slowing down right now.

China, EU, UK, India...

Only the US is still doing well and going up in H2 2018.

Everyone is basically waiting for Wall Street to signal the US downturn.

October 2018 was a wobble on the tightrope.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts