Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I run a Chrysler PT Cruiser as well as my beloved Countach, and Chrysler periodically send me a magazine called "Freedom" containing lots of stuff about, well, Chrysler obviously.

What grabbed my attention was an ad inside the rear cover for what at first glance looked like a Lamborghini Gallardo. But no! It was a very sleek black Chrysler along with a cryptic comment that this beauty was to be the "world's fastest car" and that the full story would appear in the next issue of the magazine. I think it's a quarterly. I did a quick Google but couldn't find anything on the Net or on Chrysler's website to support this "scoop" - the car didn't seem to have a name yet either.

I guess I should have scanned the image in and posted it but I didn't think of it. Darn.

Anyone got any idea what this car is?

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's quite striking in person - they had it on display at last year's display for the Indianapolis F1 race. Quite badddd!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has it actually taken McLaren's F1's title as fastest car yet though? Has it officially been speed tested or is it still in development?

·
Banned
51 Posts
The ME412 is an interesting looking car. Finally America is at least trying to get into the supercar market. As for the car, speed: WOW, HP/Torque: WOW Transmission: Is that an American attempt at E-gear/F1?

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's pretty wild looking, I really like the styling, catches your attention. As for the numbers, I doubt that they have tested the car yet (I may be wrong though) so the numbers might be lower.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Seen the car at the LA Auto along the likes of the Cadd Sixteen, ME412, and some other big bruiser for some reason I can't remember the names. All these 'supercars' that are shooting out right now, is IMO going to be like the Vector, any of this ringin a bell. Some guy, claimed he was going to build Americas first supercar, done by stealing, literally stealing the design of the diablo, and Testerossa looking vents on the back and puting his own badge on it, needless to say it failed, along with its 'hyped' impressive numbers. Just another car dead and gone. If history repeats itself (praying here) than the same should happen with these wannabe exotic vehicles. Lamborghini and Ferrari (yes, don't you dare argue) are the ringleaders of the Exotic car universe. Period. And by no means, is a Chrysler or Cadillac going to come and teach Lamborghini and Ferrari how to run the show, because they too now have a V12. And a V16.

·
Registered
72 Posts
FYI, the fastest future car is my concept Lamborghini Evoluzione :wave:

·
Registered
62 Posts
It may be fast, but I don't know about "fastest car in the world", lets wait until we hear the official word on the Veyron's stats. And I maybe its just me, but I don't think this car is beautiful. A besides, who would buy a crysler for over a lambo/ferrari/porsche... Lets face it, americans know minivans, just leave sports cars to the Europeans. :eek: :whip:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I highly doubt Chrysler will ever put it into production. I read an article in R&T about some press guys testing it and I guess for the test they detuned the engine and everything. I think now that the Firepower is out there with the Viper that Chrysler won't think too much more of the ME412.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,

The Chrysler ME-412 was a prototype based upon a Pagani Zonda (check the AMG engine and specs) and the usual hyped numbers. Chrysler showed it at Detroit 2004 and made noises about making a limited run, but then the idea died a quiet death because DaimlerChysler is in deep trouble.

The Vector W2 was a scam job. I wish success to Bugatti Veyron, but have my reservations. Just see what happened when they resurrected Bugatti in early 1990's ...

Let's pray that Lamborghini prospers with Audi (and Volkswagen group) because the world will be a poorer place without the outrageously magnificent cars.

·
Registered
163 Posts
First of all, I need to correct you all: The name is spelled Chrysler ME Four-Twelve- they're very adament about that. It means Mid-Engine Four-turbo Twelve cyinder. Second, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Daimler guys put it into production. They really want to, and they also really want the Firepower. Let's keep our fingers crossed; the only problem is it'll be faster than the Murci. Let's hope that Lamborghini will quickly take care of that. :D

17 Posts
Are you all forgetting about the Koenigsegg CC-R which set a new record earlier this year? 388 kph (241 mph)

"I’m pleased to say that we have approved your record claim, and the Koenigsegg CCR is therefore officially the world’s fastest production car." says Hein le Roux, Adjudicator and Researcher for Guinness World Records.

Read more here: http://www.koenigsegg.se

1 - 17 of 17 Posts