Lamborghini Talk banner

The next baby Lamborghini - successor of the Huracan we all love

18470 Views 287 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  Huracaan
Lets start a thread to keep track on news and rumors around the next baby Lamborghini. I do not have any own insights to share yet but our forum friend from Italy has that I saw in a Sterrato thread…

The new small Hybrid is ready at the factory….

Reactions: APB and Lambo18Feb
161 - 180 of 288 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD, Daily 2021 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
3,029 Posts

· Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Why wouldnt lambo be able to apply the same concept of the AV successor to the Huracan successor? Keep the engine and just add a motor .. only reason i could think of would be the weight.
We both hope for the same thing... :cool:

· Registered
650 Posts
The H replacement is going to share a lot components with the AVR so keeping the V10 with a mild hybrid is a strong possibility. I wouldn't be shocked if both cars have the same DCT.
i agree with you ! (but Lambo888 doesn't, and we know he knows best ..)

only reason i see why they would need a lighter (V6 / V8) engine is the weight. we (preview attendees) know how they went about the weight-savings in the Aventador successor, i am not sure they can/will do it the same way with the Huracan.

· Registered
5,089 Posts
i agree with you ! (but Lambo888 doesn't, and we know he knows best ..)

only reason i see why they would need a lighter (V6 / V8) engine is the weight. we (preview attendees) know how they went about the weight-savings in the Aventador successor, i am not sure they can/will do it the same way with the Huracan.
I think the a V8 was in the cards but it probably cost too much to develop. The V10 with a hybrid makes prefect sense and supposedly Lamborghini wants to keep everything in-house meaning less part sharing with Audi and other VW brands.

· Registered
723 Posts
yeah, but where will they counter the added hybrid weight with the huracan? i think the A approach is too costly ..
A mild hybrid system such as P0 (belt) weighs much less. If it is a P0 system, the alternator would be replaced by an MGU (motor generator unit) and the belt drive system upgraded to accommodate the belt sometimes being driven/boosted by the MGU (vs crankshaft). No additional electrical machines are added, only swapped. The battery would also be smaller vs a full hybrid/PHEV as expected on the A replacement.

It could also be a P1 - 4.

· Registered
650 Posts
A mild hybrid system such as P0 (belt) weighs much less. If it is a P0 system, the alternator would be replaced by an MGU (motor generator unit) and the belt drive system upgraded to accommodate the belt sometimes being driven/boosted by the MGU (vs crankshaft). No additional electrical machines are added, only swapped. The battery would also be smaller vs a full hybrid/PHEV as expected on the A replacement.

It could also be a P1 - 4.

well we know the weight the new system adds to the A, assuming it's similar for the H, some other weight needs to go .. no way around it.

· Registered
723 Posts
well we know the weight the new system adds to the A, assuming it's similar for the H, some other weight needs to go .. no way around it.
But it won't be a similar weight increase for the H if it uses a mild hybrid solution, it will be a smaller increase. I don't see a way to offset it unless they decide to share the A's carbon tub with the H. Actually, this wouldn't surprise me at all because it sounds like a) the H will no longer share a platform with the R8 b) carbon tech has come down in cost and c) they would realize economies of scale (shared development cost, tooling, high combined volume etc). The H replacement could then also have scissor doors :)

· Registered
260 Posts
Oups - sorry about that... I have totally missed what the Asterion Consept was ...
View attachment 323959

View attachment 323960

Even if its indeed a good looking car - its nothing looks like a real Lamborghini to me... Those soft rounded lines are way too much Ferrari for my taste. Its like the designer forgot his ruler...
Man the memories of seeing Asterion for the first time... wish THIS was the Centenario. Ferrucio wanted to make the ultimate GT. This design with Aventador's V12 would have been perfect celebration of his 100 year anniversary.
Who remembers when Lamborghini was fidling with the idea to produce it? They had an Aventador with Asterion V10 hybrid setup.
"Tosca"

· Registered
260 Posts
Sadly they abandoned that project.

Here is my speculation/prediction.
We know already that H replacement will use the chassis from the Revuelto/A replacement, except it will be with scaled down front/rear overhangs. Probably switch-gear and some interior parts too will be shared. Otherwise it will be a VAG Group parts special. I'm 99% sure there is no more V10, only a 4l TT V8 hybrid incoming with ~850hp. Think that engine configuration will come from Urus Ibrido, while the rest of "technical" parts will come from Audi and Porsche.

· Registered
5,089 Posts
There's a few articles regarding the H replacement. Winkelmann stated it will share components and borrow looks from the AVR whilst the head of Lamborghini Asia said it will share parts but will have a much different look.

Safe to say no one outside of the factory knows anything and it's all speculation at this point until a test mule is spotted.

161 - 180 of 288 Posts