Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am new to to this forum, and it already seems like a fun place to chat and get entertaining info on Lamborghinis.

For a while now I have been very interested in the Gallardo and the Murcielago in particular. Ferrari seems to have strayed away from their creativeness in styling, so Lamborghini has really captured my heart of as late.

Anyway, I wanted to know this. How does it feel when your getting in your car to drive? I want to know, from a owners perspective, how the low-slung, butt to the road position feels? Since you're so low to the ground, do you feel more vulnerable to monster SUV's? Or do you feel more confident, due to the low center of gravity that much lower position gives you? What about visibility....Does the low position of seating make it better or worse to see?
Comments Please. Again, a great forum. :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Welcome Aboard!!!

The Driving Experience!:

Have you ever seen the Alpine Stereo TV commerecial??? The one where the guy is sitting in the chair & when he cranks it up it's like a hurricane!!!

Multiply that Commercial X 50 and you have a Lamborghini "Driving" experience!!!!

:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome Cornelius,

Driving my Countach is everything I had dreamt it would be and more. You do sit on the ground, but instead of a feeling of vulnerability to larger vehicles the car is so surefooted you end up feeling invincible. You feel that you are in complete control. Driving the car in everyday conditions it can be a rough, temperamental ride but open her up and the car begins to sing. The engine, trans, suspension and driver all working in perfect harmony. It's a drivers car. It is a feeling you can write or read about, but until you actually experence it first hand you can never fully appreciate it. I had read over and over again in books and magazines about how these cars want to be driven hard, that it is only then that they are really happy. The writers were soooo right. My car will cruise along at highway speeds without a problem, but take it up above 100 mph and the ride transforms into a whole other experience. The whole car smooths out, it hunkers down to the road, the engine sings, and really does give you the feeling that it is now happy.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
It starts with removing the cover. I keep it on so that everytime I take it off it's like opening a present, after a year of ownership I still think WOW every time. Once you crank it over you know your in for the ride of your life, your pulse quickens and the adrenaline starts going wild.

Oh and those SUV's, yes they are scary, but love seeing those dads rubberneck as I weave in and out of their way. They thought bigger was better till they see me, then I'M king of the road.

Visibility is awful in the Diablo, but improving it would compromise the design, I love it that they threw safety out the window on that one, that's Italian, and that's my perspective on drivng Lamborghini. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Who cares about visiblity when you have that kind of power? :eek:

raymondo said:
It starts with removing the cover. I keep it on so that everytime I take it off it's like opening a present, after a year of ownership I still think WOW every time. Once you crank it over you know your in for the ride of your life, your pulse quickens and the adrenaline starts going wild.

Oh and those SUV's, yes they are scary, but love seeing those dads rubberneck as I weave in and out of their way. They thought bigger was better till they see me, then I'M king of the road.

Visibility is awful in the Diablo, but improving it would compromise the design, I love it that they threw safety out the window on that one, that's Italian, and that's my perspective on drivng Lamborghini. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Funny, I don't consider the Gallardo low to the ground. Spend some time in an open wheel race car- that's low to the ground.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
I happened to be out the other day in the roadster pulled up behind a BMW Z3.

Girlfiriend says "didn't realize those Z3's where so high off the ground!".

raymondo said:
Visibility is awful in the Diablo
I think thats why I like the roadster - can stick my head out sidewards, out the top etc like a periscope :rolleyes:

-mick

·
Registered
59 Posts
Driving...

I think the day it (Murcielago) was delivered sticks in my mind.... Beautiful weather (rare in the UK!) and it arrived on a truck. The pre-delivery 'chat' seemed to go on forever - and then I was on my own with it. I had it delivered to a car park (rather than at home) so I could drive it home (the long route). Do you remember when you passed your driving test and then do your very first solo drive? Well it was a bit like that only a lot more nerve wracking!

However, once that initial excitement was over, I would say that every time I opened the garage doors was an event - getting in the car and reversing out was an event, putting it into first etc etc.... It's not a car you could ever say was a 'normal' experience! I was always very slightly embarrassed to get petrol as it would (in yellow of course) cause quite a commotion - to see a non-rock star get out was obviously mildly disappointing for those watching!

Murcielago's always get a lot of looks, particularly children staring at you from the back of their parents cars, however one of the most notable things is that other cars get out of the way very quickly! I drive a Vanquish and they get out the way 'quite' quickly - but in the Murcielago people used to literally swerve out of your way....

Very fast, very stable, very competent in all areas - the best handling road car I've ever driven. But too wide for UK roads - way too wide. See another car coming towards you on a two way road and hold your breath.... eeek!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pure Sex?

Guys;

I am new to the forum, so here goes my initial post.....

I hope there's no pure sex involved, because tomorrow, I am
getting a test drive in the Gallardo... with the sales guy. I am really psyched!

I have sat in a couple G-cars recently, but no driving till
tomorrow. I'll be sure to post a followup to let you know how it went!

I did notice that you sit really far back from the windshield...
do you get used to that?

Not sure if there are any other quirks I should be aware of?

Any warnings or words of advice? My wife says she's hiding the
checkbook tomorrow, but I carry American Express.......hehe.

Really, any good advice on driving the G-car for the first time would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, guys, and I feel like I'm taking one more step towards owning
one of these fine machines!

RH

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just Came back from my Gallardo test drive!

I just came back from my Gallardo Test drive at FC Kerbeck....I have just one
word to describe it....WOW!

An amazing machine...I have to have one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts