Votes: 40 81.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Lamborghini owner was the dream better or the realty of having the car?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The dream and the reality never fade one bit even after you own it. It is an unreal feeling just to be around them. Everytime i drive my car or when i am around other ones you still get the butterfly's. If you are like me and you had every Alpine poster on your wall then you know that the dream never ends. It's so ironic that you ask this question because one day this week i was driving down the road. I was totaly out in la la land and just then i reminded myself how lucky i am to be able to call such a machine my own. My house is worth way more than my car and not one time have i ever woke up and said , Man i am lucky to have a nice house. A Lamborghini is one of those few things in life that makes everyone happy. Owners, dreamers, kids, men, women. Everyone that comes in contact with them it seems to make there day !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Definetly to own....

Had always dreamed of the diablo since It first came out..Own a viper and now own both....The Diablo is my favorite hands down..the viper is a rocket but the Diablo is a true racecar in every way...Its the closest Ill ever be to heaven.. :D

Adam

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I would be more excited when I got the car but I guess the dream and the imagination of driving the car were something out of the ordinary.

Now I just want it faster and I want 2 more Diablos ( se30 & GT or a 6.0). Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t give it up for anything and I love driving it but it thought I would love it more than I do.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It is hard to answer.

The dream sure is cheaper! But the reality sure is more fun.

Clarkson, said something to the efffect of never drive your drive car you will always be dissapointed. He was talking about the Countach.

However, if you do not have a dream car and never get to drive or own it what is the point of it being your ultimate dream car!

Yes, I have gotten free parking, parking right in front of the door, etc. but I have also been told I am compensating for other things, I must be an asshole to even own it (I am still not sure exactly what he meant) and the list goes on.

So do I care. No I bought it for personal reasons and I love it, plus I get to drive the #2 dream car...Countach being #1.

David

·
Registered
195 Posts
I remember when I was young and was playing "Trump Cards"
I'd always hope the Lambo (Countach) would fall in my hands and I could call for the highest Speed, HP, ect. and win.
Now that I have realized my dream, I hope I can pass my desire/dream on to my son and inspire him to work for something he really likes (whatever the model of Lambo it will be then).

·
Registered
142 Posts
even after owning it, you still feel every time you look at it that it seems like a dream. So, dreams that turn to reality is definitely the best feeling you can have. Plus, dreaming about owning every possible lamborghini is still a good thing isnt it? (if taking out of the equation the significant other factor)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think it's definitely the reality. My exotics are possibly the only lifelong dream that I've fulfilled where there was absolutely no buyer's remorse or disappointment along the way.

That's not to say there aren't occasions where I think about how stupid it is for someone my age to be tying up so much money in cars, or times when I'm paying a repair or insurance bill where I think about all the other things I could be doing with the money.

In fact, at least for the past few months, I have had so little time to drive them that you would think they would be irritating reminders of such extravagance. But the simple fact is that even if they never started again, it would still make me smile every time I opened the garage door. They are what motivate me to go to work every day, even if that means I get precious little time to enjoy them.

A big part of it is making sure you get exactly what you want. Each time I've bought a car, I've had a very precise idea in my head of what I wanted in that car - everything from service records and tools to color and options. I've always held out for exactly that car, so I've never been unhappy. I was usually given some other attractive alternates - cheaper car in the wrong color, etc., but I held out. I chased the particular Diablo I wanted for more than 2 years before landing my dream car, and so no regrets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is the first street legal sports car that I didn't get board driving within a few months, the reality far exceeds the fantasy for me.

Yes, we always want more straight line power ,but to me this car is so much more than just that.

It's a total rush when you really push this car at speed, and i'm not even close to her potential.

Everytime I take her out it feels like my first drive, I have yet to drive a better all around sports car at any price!

·
Registered
8 Posts
which is better, the pursuit of a really hot woman, or actually having her on your arm? The dream is good. There is no substitute for the having!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Basically, they should be 2 in 1. First you must have a dream, then you work hard trying to realize it.

Before I bought my 97 SV, I had been dreaming about owning one for so bloody long (since it came out in the late 80's, early 90's actually). But then I was only 15 and therefore, I have the poster in my room on the wall looking at it all the time. Since I have bought the car then, I still keep on looking it no matter when it is parking or photos...I think the passion would never die.

What is my dream now....it's not something that wild but maybe an AC Cobra or a Caterham super 7...and also dreaming I would have enough parking space for all those car...this is a bigger dream...

·
Registered
10 Posts
The thrill of driving my Murci at full blast through a tunnel knowing it's mine gives me a reason to get up in the morning :) Now just need to sort out the women part......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Reality check

The reality was ruined by the dealer, they crashed my beautiful (new) Murcielago, badly resprayed it and lied about it. It's left such a sour taste and Lamborghini Italy don't seem to be interested.

Unfortunately you can't effectively separate the dealer from the car as an 'experience' (well I couldn't), however I would say that the Murcielago was a pure art form - absolutely beautiful and huge fun to drive.... But the reality of a main dealer treating you like gum on his shoe rather detracted from the overall expericence.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is it true that...?

When you get your first exotic, or your first over the top dream car, whatever it may be...that you find yourself having SUCH AN EASY TIME waking up in the morning?

;)

I bet some of you have awoken at 3 am just to go for a drive, in your PJs!

·
Registered
101 Posts
everybody wants more

Even if your dream comes true, and you own a lambo, your next dream will be twin turbo... hehe! We will always have dreams. And thats a good thing!

But I will say that owning a lambo must be fantastic! Better than just a dream...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts