Lamborghini Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I wanted to know your experience in owning an exotic car.
People say dont drive your car at a bad neighborhood or do not let it sit at the parking lot.

From your personal experience has anything bad ever occured because of people seeing your Lamborghini? Have people threatened you for your car?

I know in my city, people would take a shot at trying to break into a Lambo because here it is all low class and people do not know how to have respect.:mad:

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
city= garage...bad city= move to the burbs man.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in the San Gabriel Valley region of Southern California, i live in Baldwin Park. In the 626 area which you probably do not know. From where I live you can go to Santa Monica Beach in 30 minutes on freeway and 1 hour away from Beverly Hills. But in the city here where I grew up its a stupid idea to even drive an Exotic car here.

I was thinking of buying a Lotus Exige, but it would not be wise to own one at a bad neighborhood

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
most people who own exotics dont live in the hood...so its sort of a ridiculous query.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I live in the San Gabriel Valley region of Southern California, i live in Baldwin Park. In the 626 area which you probably do not know. From where I live you can go to Santa Monica Beach in 30 minutes on freeway and 1 hour away from Beverly Hills. But in the city here where I grew up its a stupid idea to even drive an Exotic car here.

I was thinking of buying a Lotus Exige, but it would not be wise to own one at a bad neighborhood
In L.A. everyone is 30 min from a "hood" of some type. I lived in L.A. for over 25 years. That's one of the reasons why I left.

·
Registered
190 Posts
NY/NJ laid back

I have never really seen people too concerned about thier cars around here. Perhaps it's because where we hang out we are surounded by other exotics so it does not feel like such a big deal, especially when the guy next to you has a better car. I doubt the same could be said about places like NYC for example. I don't know anybody that hangs out in NYC with thier cars though. Generally you drive through and park in garage so some kid can do burnouts with your LP670 while you eat. You don't park it out in the open anywhere.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
If you can afford an exotic than you can afford to get out of the "hood"

if you choose to stay or have to stay for personal or family reasons, then deal with the consequences of owning anything nice in the hood as people will mess with it or try to steal it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have never really seen people too concerned about thier cars around here. Perhaps it's because where we hang out we are surounded by other exotics so it does not feel like such a big deal, especially when the guy next to you has a better car. I doubt the same could be said about places like NYC for example. I don't know anybody that hangs out in NYC with thier cars though. Generally you drive through and park in garage so some kid can do burnouts with your LP670 while you eat. You don't park it out in the open anywhere.
Had a good laugh at this. Ferris Bueller came to mind immediately :D
"don't worry. Im a professional"

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Hollywood is an area where it is not likely to get stolen?
And yes I do hate living in the hood. Been living for 18 years now but I can say I have street smarts even though it makes me sound like a stupid thug. But I however am not

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
So Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Hollywood is an area where it is not likely to get stolen?
My uncle lives in a nice area in the Hollywood Hills. Yes, cars get broken in to ALL THE TIME in the hills. Just move out of SoCal.......

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I only hear about bike thefts around here really.
That is surprising. They have had a car broken in to 3 times, and another stolen. They are not far up the hill from the Beachwood Market.

Lotsa stars live up there, but apparently that doesn't help. :eek:

Hell, there's less crime in Culver City and LB where other relatives of mine live.

Wait, where are you?? The way you responded made it seem like YOU were in LA.....but I see in another thread you are on the east coast?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@{taurean bull} i live in Baldwin Park (626 area code) to be specific of my location. I hate it here. But I want to move out but I cant because soon I will be the one who will have to support my entire family. But I am working on making some money online and going to community college at the same time.

So I guess Im going to be living here in this piece of trash for a while longer.:(

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
@{taurean bull} i live in Baldwin Park (626 area code) to be specific of my location. I hate it here. But I want to move out but I cant because soon I will be the one who will have to support my entire family. But I am working on making some money online and going to community college at the same time.

So I guess Im going to be living here in this piece of trash for a while longer.:(
are you sure you are not from the 909 area code? :rolleyes:

seriously, please stop with the area code BS..its tiring to read it after the 2nd time...and it make no sense to anyone outside the LA area...in fact your reference makes not sense at all since San Marino and Pasadena both have 626 area codes...pleae find me a bad neighborhood in San Marino.

word of advice, work hard, study hard and transfer to a 4 yr college; stop complaining about where you live or your family. Strive and you will succeed. Many great examples of folks out there who made it out from their sh!thole to be successful.

just my worthless 0.02

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well dude, im only 18. I dont know about these area codes I jus put where Im from and I do not live in San Marino nor Pasadena.

I posted this forum to see if anyone who owned an exotic that lives near southern california, where they would advise a safe area to drive your exotic at without having to worry about it too much

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.