Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several carbon fiber packages that are available on the Huracan: Carbon skin package ($4,000), Small forged composites package ($3,300), and the Big forged composites package ($6,600), See attached link. If any member has purchased these packages and can give their opinion and provide some pictures that would be helpful. For what is offered "reasonably" priced or overpriced.

Although, unrelated I have another question, why does the painted caliper option for the CCBs cost $1,300 more than with the steel brakes. That pricing difference is somewhat counterintuitive unless it relates to the difference in the paint quality for the higher heat thresholds.

Premium Member
Carbon fiber skin looks horrible. When forged cf first came out a few years ago was not a fan of it but has grown on me and my car has the big forged package and think it looks great. As for the price I think a bargain considering what I spent on my huracan covering all the same pieces. And some were very labor intensive, sure covers for vents and door handles were easy installs, but center console required a lot to be removed. Plus I always knew those parts were just covers.

Reactions: fabo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plus I always knew those parts were just covers.
So with the Big forged the carbon fiber bits are simply "covers"? Pictures?

Premium Member
So with the Big forged the carbon fiber bits are simply "covers"? Pictures?
No, they are solid carbon fiber. The ones I put on my 1st Huracan were covers

Reactions: Lambo2018

Premium Member
Also my next Evo will also have big forged and if I get a spyder will not care that does not match back of seats. If order a coupe I鈥檓 undecided on seats. My comfort seats have saved me the last couple months, took a bad fall in February and these seats have made driving ok while my back/side is still in pain

Reactions: Bigpern33

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, they are solid carbon fiber. The ones I put on my 1st Huracan were covers
Thanks the CF looks quite attractive and definitely enhances the over all look of the interior. The fact that they are both solid and preinstalled does make the Big Forged CF Package seem like a good deal.
Also my next Evo will also have big forged and if I get a spyder will not care that does not match back of seats. If order a coupe I鈥檓 undecided on seats. My comfort seats have saved me the last couple months, took a bad fall in February and these seats have made driving ok while my back/side is still in pain
Although, I like the Sport Seats I was quite happy with the esthetics of the Comfort Seats. Optioning the Sport Seats but not being able to drive the car would be an inadvisable.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^Sorry to see that! That was one nasty fall......darn ice. Those injures take a bit of time to resolve..........

Premium Member
Thanks, I caught the lip of the stair and that really made it worse. Of course as a guy I just tried to walk it off. Then when my wife came home, who is a nurse, saw it she made me go to doctors. And they sent me to hospital for a CT scan, luckily no real internal Injury just a massive hematoma. They said would take 2-3 months to heal, my first thought was of f#%k driving season just about to start. Just over 2 months now and still a pretty big bump there

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I caught the lip of the stair and that really made it worse. Of course as a guy I just tried to walk it off. Then when my wife came home, who is a nurse, saw it she made me go to doctors. And they sent me to hospital for a CT scan, luckily no real internal Injury just a massive hematoma. They said would take 2-3 months to heal, my first thought was of f#%k driving season just about to start. Just over 2 months now and still a pretty big bump there
All thing considered you were pretty lucky. It could have been a lot worse......

Registered
Fortunate it wasn't your head and you didn't suffer subdural hemorrhage. Still looks painful as f-ck

Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
^^^^dayummnnnn that must've been a tough one to walk off! Especially with you being nearly full horizontal before the impact. Amazing how a tiny patch of ice can do that. But I agree with others...at least you didn't knock your noggin'!

So now the real question: Can you post us the video??

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think my thread on CF packages has been transformed to an episode of ER. :giggle:

Reactions: Blu Bull

Premium Member
^^^^dayummnnnn that must've been a tough one to walk off! Especially with you being nearly full horizontal before the impact. Amazing how a tiny patch of ice can do that. But I agree with others...at least you didn't knock your noggin'!

So now the real question: Can you post us the video??
I did bounce back up pretty quickly but then felt a lot of pain and almost went down again. My friends say I'm indestructible, have been shot, almost died from a bowel obstruction that ended with 6 feet of intestine being removed, then thanks to that went through a multi year very bad drug addiction and my recent 3 month nap where doctors told my wife I only had a 10-15% chance of coming out of it.

Premium Member
Some of the big lump you see here is still there

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I guess this thread has been converted to Medical-Talk, and no longer has a discernible pulse. Alas, the operation was a success but the thread died. 馃彞

Premium Member
Yea but since I do have the large CF package I did post some useful info along with pictures :)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Maybe "anything and everything" sub-forum would be a good location?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts