Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS GARBAGE. There I said it! lol

How is the backup camera in my 2014 Tundra leap years better resolution wise? Is there something wrong with it or is the Minecraft pixelation normal?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,046 Posts
It's not the best for sure, but it is all we have at the moment. Hopefully the EVO will have a better one.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
It's not the best for sure, but it is all we have at the moment. Hopefully the EVO will have a better one.
Tried it at the dealers place but it looked only a little better compared to our cars, picture is just a little less redish.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My Mini Countryman's camera is better and my wife's Mercedes is High Definition compared to the Lambo.

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
It baffles me as to why these car don’t have a beautiful Hi def screen. How hard can that be?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It baffles me as to why these car don’t have a beautiful Hi def screen. How hard can that be?
That was the point of this thread. It just seems silly. It's impossible to make out a person in a parking lot and the cars look like a pixelated image from 1999. So backing out of spot is like rolling the dice each time. Really, it's my only complaint with the car. I know the newer Huracan's have higher def cameras. I wonder If I can upgrade it…...

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
My 2016 compared to my 2018 seems to be slightly improved, but it still has a long way to go. Hopefully my 2021 will be better.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
That was the point of this thread. It just seems silly. It's impossible to make out a person in a parking lot and the cars look like a pixelated image from 1999. So backing out of spot is like rolling the dice each time. Really, it's my only complaint with the car. I know the newer Huracan's have higher def cameras. I wonder If I can upgrade it…...
Personally I don't think it's worthwhile to upgrade as it takes too much time for just a bit of improvement (the parking sensors add more into that reasoning too). However, for someone that are handy and with a lot of spare time, it is doable.

• Cable is analog (need to upgrade to HD capable cables).
  • Video plug in the MMI unit is unclear (analog or digital is unclear - most likely analog).
  • If the MMI unit only accepts analog, it is possible to just bypass it with new video unit.
  • Wiring is going to be pita.
  • Camera housing (finding HD camera that can fit into the housing is doable).

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Personally I don't think it's worthwhile to upgrade as it takes too much time for just a bit of improvement (the parking sensors add more into that reasoning too). However, for someone that are handy and with a lot of spare time, it is doable.

• Cable is analog (need to upgrade to HD capable cables).
  • Video plug in the MMI unit is unclear (analog or digital is unclear - most likely analog).
  • If the MMI unit only accepts analog, it is possible to just bypass it with new video unit.
  • Wiring is going to be pita.
  • Camera housing (finding HD camera that can fit into the housing is doable).

·
Premium Member
13,046 Posts
I have to agree with Sakura, I don't think it is really worth it. If you use and depend on to a high degree then maybe, but not for me for just backing up.

·
Registered
899 Posts
They upgraded the camera starting with the Perf but they might have also upgraded the display. How's the quality on the EVO?

·
Registered
41 Posts
They upgraded the camera starting with the Perf but they might have also upgraded the display. How's the quality on the EVO?
Not that great to be honest, I don't know how the previous models were but I would say its a little laggy?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts