Lamborghini Talk banner

The best Ceramic coating?

4K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  KABoom 
#1 ·
My performante has a full mask and I have tried 2 different ceramic coating products, I keep thinking there has to be something better... Anybody have any suggestions?

#2 ·
I used Feynalb on my 991.2 GT3 and I must say it is by far the best ceramic coating to have tried. I will have it applied to the Huracan this coming Friday weather permitting.

#13 ·
^^I look carefully at ROI and I am not spending an exorbitant amount for a car I am only keeping a couple of years. The dealership sure it heck is not going to give me extra on the trade in. I have a very talented PPF guy in Rene from Sunbusters and I don’t have to spend a small fortune.

#26 ·
Look at this place - they also have many youtube videos both with them doing the work and explaining how to do it. The myabi coat is easy enough to do as is the ISM. I've used them on both ferraris and lamborghinis. You can do it yourself, but if you want perfect results the idea of correcting the paint first is very valid. Easy to use auto detail products and how-to videos | ESOTERIC Car Care

#27 ·
Look at this place - they also have many youtube videos both with them doing the work and explaining how to do it. The myabi coat is easy enough to do as is the ISM. I've used them on both ferraris and lamborghinis. You can do it yourself, but if you want perfect results the idea of correcting the paint first is very valid. Easy to use auto detail products and how-to videos | ESOTERIC Car Care
Great point! Half the reason why I have my cars coated is for the paint correction. I enjoy washing my cars but I don’t have the patience to do a full correction and then coating.

#32 ·
I had stealth on my last car with ceramic coating. Honestly, the cleaning of that part was easier and more streak free than the parts that had glossy xpel. As for sheen there is a little bit of one so it’s kind of in between a true matte paint job and gloss. All good though!!

#43 ·
People claim the ceramic coating makes cleaning their cars much easier but I have never done a ceramic coat either. The cost of the paint correction and the ceramic coat is more than I am willing to spend and I have never regretted that decision. My Sports Cars are driven but never driven in the rain so they are pretty easy to clean anyway. What is a bear on a wash day is not the wash but the drying............the EVO is like a submarine with screen doors...........that are left wide open. :ROFLMAO:

#49 ·
I've been very very happy with Gtechniq

Reactions: kumizi and Rcasa20
#52 ·
I've been very very happy with Gtechniq

GTechnique is a great product but when applied over PPF it hardens fast. you can actually peel it off and see how it forms a plastic-like material which can actually mess up the PPF and eventually yellow it. It is also sold to anyone that wants to buy it without being certified to use it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.